Want a free price quotes on more affordable Dodge Durango insurance in Honolulu? Being forced to pay for high-priced auto insurance premiums can dry up your funds and make it hard to pay other bills. Comparing rates annually is recommended to reduce premiums and put more money in your pocket.
A recent survey discovered that nearly 70% of Hawaii drivers kept their coverage with the same auto insurance company for over three years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never compared auto insurance rates at all. Consumers in the United States could save roughly 47% each year by just comparing quotes, but most tend to underestimate how much they could save if they changed companies. Since vehicle owners have many different company options, it can be diffult for drivers to choose the cheapest insurance company.
You should take the time to do rate comparisons yearly because auto insurance prices are rarely the same from one policy term to another. Even if you think you had the best rates on Dodge Durango insurance in Honolulu a few years ago other companies may now be cheaper. You can find a lot of wrong information about Durango insurance on the internet, but in just a couple of minutes you can learn some guaranteed methods to stop overpaying for insurance in Honolulu.
The easiest way to compare car insurance company rates for Dodge Durango insurance in Honolulu is to know all the major auto insurance companies pay for the opportunity to give free rates quotes. All consumers are required to do is provide information like how old drivers are, coverage limits, marital status, and whether your vehicle is owned or leased. Your rating data is sent automatically to multiple different insurance companies and they return cost estimate with very little delay.
To check car insurance prices now, click here and complete the quick form.
The following companies have been selected to offer free quotes in Honolulu, HI. If the list has multiple companies, it's highly recommended you visit several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Score discounts on Honolulu car insurance
Companies offering auto insurance do not list all possible discounts very well, so here is a list a few of the more common in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits that may apply to you.
- Bundle and Save - If you insure your home and vehicles and place coverage with the same company you could save up to 20% off your total Durango insurance premium.
- Driver's Ed - Require your teen driver to successfully take a driver's education course in school.
- Accident Free - Claim-free drivers pay much less when compared with bad drivers.
- Distant College Student Discount - Any of your kids who are attending college and won't have access to an insured vehicle can receive lower rates.
- Discount for Passive Restraints - Factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may qualify for discounts of 20% or more.
- Smart Student Discounts - This discount can get you a discount of up to 25%. The discount lasts up until you turn 25.
- Government Employee Discount - Federal government employees can save as much as 8% depending on your company.
- Discount for Swiching Early - Some companies reward drivers for switching to them before your current Durango insurance policy expires. It could save around 10% when you buy Honolulu car insurance online.
- Safe Drivers - Safe drivers can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
Don't be surprised that most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. So even though you would think having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, companies wouldn't make money that way.
Popular car insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts are outlined below.
- State Farm includes discounts for student away at school, Drive Safe & Save, Steer Clear safe driver discount, defensive driving training, anti-theft, and safe vehicle.
- American Family has savings for good student, good driver, multi-vehicle, mySafetyValet, and early bird.
- GEICO offers discounts for five-year accident-free, driver training, good student, military active duty, daytime running lights, and membership and employees.
- 21st Century discounts include teen driver, driver training, theft prevention, homeowners, anti-lock brakes, and defensive driver.
- Progressive may offer discounts for continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, online signing, good student, and homeowner.
If you need affordable Dodge Durango insurance quotes, ask all companies you are considering which discounts you may be entitled to. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be available to policyholders everywhere. To locate companies who offer discounts in Honolulu, click here to view.
Independent or exclusive car insurance agents
Certain consumers prefer to buy from a local agent and that can be a great decision Good insurance agents can help determine the best coverages and help file insurance claims. The biggest benefit of price shopping on the web is that you can obtain the lowest rates and still buy from a local agent.
Once you complete this short form, the quote information is submitted to companies in Honolulu who will give you quotes for your business. There is no reason to leave your house as quotes are delivered instantly to you. In the event you want to compare prices from a specific auto insurance provider, you would need to find their quoting web page to submit a rate quote request.
Picking an insurance company requires more thought than just a low price. Below are some questions you should ask.
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- How many years have they been established?
- Is there a local claims center in Honolulu?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Hawaii?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
Exclusive or Independent: There is a difference
If you want an insurance agent, you should know the different types of agents that you can choose from. Honolulu agents can be categorized as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Either one can provide auto insurance policies, but it's good to learn the differences because it can factor into buying decisions.
Exclusive agencies are contracted to one company like State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. Exclusive agencies are unable to give you multiple price quotes so it's a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agents are well schooled on their company's products which aids in selling service over price.
Listed below are exclusive agencies in Honolulu that can give you price quote information.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents of this type do not sell for just one brand so they can write business with lots of companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. To move your coverage to a new company, they simply switch companies in-house and that require little work on your part.
When comparing auto insurance rates, you will definitely want to get quotes from at least one independent agent to have the best price comparison.
Listed below are Honolulu independent agencies that can give you comparison quotes.
Why You Might Pay Higher Rates in Honolulu
A large part of saving on car insurance is knowing the rating factors that go into determining the rates you pay for car insurance. If you know what impacts premium levels, this enables you to make decisions that can help you get much lower annual insurance costs.
- Cars with good safety ratings lower rates - Cars with high safety ratings tend to have lower insurance rates. Vehicles engineered for safety reduce the chance of injuries and reduced instances of injuries translates into savings for insurance companies and thus lower rates.
- Younger drivers are expensive to insure - Drivers with little experience tend to be easily distracted when driving with friends so car insurance rates are higher. Adding a inexperienced driver to your car insurance policy will cause a huge premium hike. Mature drivers tend to be more responsible, are lower risk to insure, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets.
- Add-on coverages can cost a lot - There are a ton of extra coverages that can waste your money if you don't pay attention. Insurance for personal injury protection, high-cost glass coverage, and additional equipment coverage may be wasting your money. They may sound like good ideas when talking to your agent, but if they're wasting money get rid of them and save.
- Too many claims and you'll pay more - Companies in Hawaii generally give better rates to people who file claims infrequently. If you tend to file frequent claims, you can expect either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Your insurance policy is intended to be relied upon for the large, substantial claims.
- Insurance losses for a Dodge Durango - Insurance companies factor in historical loss data to calculate a price that will offset losses. Models that historically have higher prevalence or dollar amount of losses will have a higher premium rate. The table below illustrates the collected loss data for Dodge Durango vehicles.
For each coverage category, the loss probablilty for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, equals 100. Values that are below 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while values that are 100 or greater point to more claims or statistically larger claims.
Dodge Durango Insurance Claim Statistics
Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Dodge Durango 4dr 2WD 88 110 91 104 90 100 Dodge Durango 4dr 4WD 90 115 97 92 93 102
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Why do I need car insurance?
Even though it can be expensive, buying auto insurance is required for several reasons.
First, almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means state laws require a specific minimum amount of liability in order to be legal. In Hawaii these limits are 20/40/10 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you took out a loan on your car, almost all lenders will stipulate that you have full coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the bank may buy a policy for your Dodge at a much higher premium rate and require you to reimburse them the higher premium.
Third, insurance protects both your assets and your Dodge Durango. Insurance will also pay for all forms of medical expenses that are the result of an accident. Liability insurance also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you cause an accident and are sued. If you have damage to your Dodge as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of buying enough insurance outweigh the cost, particularly for liability claims. But the average American driver is overpaying over $750 every year so you should quote rates once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are competitive.
Find cheap insurance rates by comparing often
Some insurance companies may not have internet price quotes and most of the time these small, regional companies provide coverage only through local independent agents. Cheaper insurance in Honolulu is attainable online and from local agencies, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best chance of saving money.
As you shop your coverage around, it's very important that you do not sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are too many instances where someone dropped full coverage only to discover later that it was a big mistake. Your strategy should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best possible price, not the least amount of coverage.
We just showed you a lot of tips how to save on Dodge Durango insurance in Honolulu. It's most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the better likelihood of getting low cost Honolulu car insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the lowest premium rates are with an unexpected company. They can often provide lower prices in certain areas than their larger competitors like State Farm and Allstate.
Additional insurance information is located at these links: