Do you want to save money by finding more affordable auto insurance rates in Honolulu, HI? Honolulu drivers have many options when trying to find the best price on Jeep Cherokee insurance. You can either waste hours calling around to compare prices or utilize the internet to get rate quotes. There is a better way to compare auto insurance rates and you need to know the proper way to quote coverages for a Jeep and obtain the cheapest rates from Honolulu insurance agents and online providers.
Amazingly, nearly 70% of Hawaii drivers have remained with the same auto insurance company for over three years, and almost 40% of drivers have never quoted auto insurance rates at all. American insurance shoppers can save hundreds of dollars each year by just comparing quotes, but they think it's difficult to compare rate quotes online.
If you have insurance now or want to find a cheaper company, you can use these tips to get lower rates and possibly find even better coverage. These tips will instruct you on the most effective way to quote insurance and how to save the most money. Comparison shoppers just need to understand the quickest way to buy auto insurance from many companies at once.
Best companies for Jeep Cherokee insurance
The providers in the list below are ready to provide quotes in Honolulu, HI. If several companies are displayed, we suggest you visit as many as you can to get a more complete price comparison.
Auto insurance policy discounts for Jeep Cherokee insurance in Honolulu
Car insurance companies do not list every discount in a way that's easy to find, so the next list breaks down both the well known as well as the least known discounts you could be receiving when you buy Honolulu car insurance online.
- Senior Citizens - Mature drivers are able to get a discount up to 10%.
- Good Student Discount - A discount for being a good student could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. You can use this discount normally up to age 25.
- Professional Memberships - Being a member of qualifying employment or professional organizations is a simple method to lower premiums on your next auto insurance statement.
- Accident Forgiveness - Not necessarily a discount, but some companies like Allstate, State Farm and GEICO permit an accident before raising your premiums if your claims history is clear for a set time period.
- Discount for Swiching Early - Some insurance companies give discounts for switching policies before your current Cherokee insurance policy expires. Ten percent is about the average savings.
- Drive Safe and Save - Insureds without accidents may receive a discount up to 45% as compared to drivers with claims.
- Passenger Safety Discount - Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may qualify for discounts of 25 to 30%.
- Federal Government Employee - Active or retired federal employment can save as much as 8% with a few auto insurance companies.
- Online Discount - Certain auto insurance companies will give a small break for buying your policy on your computer.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when it seems like it's possible to get free car insurance, auto insurance companies aren't that generous.
The best auto insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are detailed below.
- Esurance has savings for paid-in-full, renters, claim free, homeowner, safety device, good student, and defensive driver.
- The Hartford may include discounts for defensive driver, anti-theft, vehicle fuel type, driver training, bundle, and air bag.
- AAA offers premium reductions for anti-theft, education and occupation, good driver, multi-car, AAA membership discount, multi-policy, and good student.
- GEICO may have discounts that include air bags, driver training, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and daytime running lights.
- State Farm may offer discounts for Steer Clear safe driver discount, multiple policy, driver's education, good driver, anti-theft, multiple autos, and safe vehicle.
Check with each insurance company to apply every possible discount. All car insurance discounts may not apply in Honolulu.
When to get professional advice
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing your policy for your personal vehicles, there really isn't a perfect coverage plan. Each situation is unique.
For instance, these questions may help highlight whether your personal situation might need professional guidance.
- Should I rate my vehicle as business use?
- Why is insurance for a teen driver so high in Honolulu?
- What is the rate difference between pleasure use and commuting?
- If my pet gets injured in an accident are they covered?
- Am I covered if I hit a deer?
- What is no-fault insurance?
- Does my insurance cover damage caused when ticketed for reckless driving?
If you can't answer these questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. If you don't have a local agent, take a second and complete this form. It is quick, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Auto insurance agents near you
Some people would prefer to buy from a licensed agent and often times that is recommended Experienced insurance agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help file insurance claims. One of the great benefits of comparing rates online is you can get cheap insurance rates and also buy local.
By using this quick form, the coverage information is emailed to insurance agents in Honolulu who will give you quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no reason to find an agent on your own because quoted prices will be sent to the email address you provide. In the event you want to compare rates for a specific company, you can always search and find their rate quote page and submit a quote form there.
Finding a good provider requires you to look at more than just a cheap quote. These are valid questions to ask:
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
Honolulu car insurance agents are either independent or exclusive
When searching for a reliable agent, it helps to know the two types of insurance agents and how they are slightly different. Agents are categorized either exclusive agents or independent agents. Either one can write insurance policies, but it is a good idea to know the subtle differences since it could factor into which agent you choose.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These type of agents generally can only insure with one company such as State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. They are unable to provide other company's prices so always compare other rates. Exclusive agents are well schooled on their company's products and that can be a competitive advantage. Consumers frequently choose to use a exclusive agent mostly because of the prominent brand name rather than low price.
The following are Honolulu exclusive insurance agents who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Cindy Perkins - State Farm Insurance Agent
1313 S Beretania St #100 - Honolulu, HI 96814 - (808) 593-8221 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Boyd Kauhane
1682 Kalakaua Ave #1 - Honolulu, HI 96826 - (808) 638-3673 - View Map
- Larry Bolibol - State Farm Insurance Agent
2153 N King St #108a - Honolulu, HI 96819 - (808) 847-0835 - View Map
Agents in the independent channel do not sell for just one brand and that allows them to write policies with multiple insurance companies depending on which coverage is best. If they find a lower price, your policy is moved internally and you don't have to do anything. If you need cheaper insurance rates, you absolutely need to get insurance quotes from a few independent agents to ensure the widest selection of prices. Most independent agents also contract with additional companies that you may not be familiar with that may provide cheaper insurance rates.
Shown below are Honolulu independent agencies that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Atlas Insurance
1132 Bishop St #1600 - Honolulu, HI 96813 - (808) 533-8728 - View Map
- Pyramid Insurance Center Ltd
420 Waiakamilo Rd - Honolulu, HI 96817 - (808) 527-7667 - View Map
- Cornerstones Financial and Insurance Agency
250 Ward Ave #220 - Honolulu, HI 96814 - (808) 626-5068 - View Map
The coverage is in the details
Knowing the specifics of a auto insurance policy can help you determine the right coverages and proper limits and deductibles. The coverage terms in a policy can be confusing and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Coverage for medical expenses - Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance kick in for expenses like chiropractic care, ambulance fees, doctor visits, nursing services and rehabilitation expenses. The coverages can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance program or if there is no health insurance coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover both the driver and occupants and will also cover if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal injury protection coverage is only offered in select states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Collision - This pays for damage to your Cherokee resulting from colliding with an object or car. You have to pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage pays for claims such as driving through your garage door, rolling your car and scraping a guard rail. This coverage can be expensive, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are older. Another option is to raise the deductible on your Cherokee to get cheaper collision coverage.
Liability - This will cover damage that occurs to other's property or people. This coverage protects you against claims from other people, and does not provide coverage for damage to your own property or vehicle.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. As an example, you may have policy limits of 20/40/10 which stand for $20,000 bodily injury coverage, a per accident bodily injury limit of $40,000, and $10,000 of coverage for damaged propery.
Liability insurance covers things such as legal defense fees, repair bills for other people's vehicles, loss of income and court costs. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a decision to put some thought into, but buy as large an amount as possible. Hawaii state law requires minimum liability limits of 20/40/10 but you should consider buying more coverage.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers - Your UM/UIM coverage gives you protection from other drivers when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered claims include injuries sustained by your vehicle's occupants as well as damage to your Jeep Cherokee.
Since many Hawaii drivers carry very low liability coverage limits (which is 20/40/10), their limits can quickly be used up. So UM/UIM coverage is a good idea.
Comprehensive auto insurance - This coverage will pay to fix damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first must pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things such as hail damage, rock chips in glass and damage from flooding. The maximum amount you'll receive from a claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle's value is low it's probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Find cheap rates by being thorough
When getting Honolulu car insurance quotes online, it's a bad idea to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In many cases, an accident victim reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits to discover at claim time that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your goal should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best price, but do not skimp to save money.
People who switch companies do it for many reasons like policy non-renewal, being labeled a high risk driver, high prices and even delays in paying claims. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding a new auto insurance company can be easy and end up saving you some money.
Low-cost Jeep Cherokee insurance in Honolulu can be found both online and from local agencies, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best selection. There are still a few companies who don't offer the ability to get a quote online and usually these smaller providers prefer to sell through independent agencies.
Even more information can be read by following these links: