Would you like to find more competitive Audi A3 insurance in Honolulu? Paying more affordable prices for Audi A3 insurance in Honolulu may be difficult for drivers who have little experience comparison shopping online. With such a large number of companies, it can turn into a real challenge to locate the lowest price in Hawaii.
It's hard to believe, but the majority of drivers have remained with the same car insurance company for four years or more, and nearly 40% of drivers have never compared quotes from other companies. Consumers in Honolulu can save hundreds of dollars each year by just comparing rate quotes, but they assume it's a waste of time to compare rates online.
It's important to do price comparisons every six months because rates are rarely the same from one policy term to another. Just because you found the best deal on Audi A3 insurance in Honolulu at your last renewal you can probably find a lower rate today. Forget all the misinformation about car insurance because it's time to teach you the best methods to remove unneeded coverages and save money.
If you have car insurance now, you stand a good chance to be able to reduce the price you pay using the ideas presented in this article. This article's intent is to teach you the best way to buy inexpensive car insurance and also save some money in the process Nevertheless, Hawaii drivers do need to understand the methods companies use to calculate their prices.
Why Informed Drivers Pay Less for Audi A3 Insurance
Many things are taken into consideration when pricing auto insurance. Some are obvious such as your driving record, but others are less obvious such as whether you are married and annual miles driven. An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the things that aid in calculating the level of your policy premiums. When consumers understand what influences your rates, this allows you to make educated decisions that can earn you lower insurance prices.
The itemized list below are some of the most rate-impacting factors insurance companies consider when setting premiums.
- Small frequent policy claims are not good - Insurance companies in Hawaii award discounts to insureds that do not abuse their auto insurance. If you frequently file small claims, you can expect either higher rates or even cancellation. Auto insurance is intended to be relied upon for claims that you cannot pay yourself.
- Don't let your policy lapse - Not maintaining insurance can get your license suspended and your next policy will cost more because you let your insurance coverage expire. Not only will rates go up, being ticketed for driving with no insurance could earn you a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license.
- Liability limits are a factor - The liability coverage on your policy will protect you if ever you are found liable for personal injury or accident damage. Your policy's liability insurance provides for a legal defense up to the limits shown on your policy. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
- City traffic equals higher costs - Being located in a small town is a good thing if you are looking for the lowest rates. City drivers tend to have congested traffic and much longer commute distances. Lower population means a lower chance of having an accident and a lower car theft rate.
- Insurance loss statistics an Audi A3 - Insurance companies use past insurance losses as a way to help calculate a profitable premium price. Vehicles that the data determines to have high amounts or severity of claims will have a higher premium rate.
The information below illustrates the collected loss data for Audi A3 vehicles. For each policy coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles, as an average, is represented as 100. Numbers below 100 indicate better than average losses, while percentages above 100 indicate frequent claims or a tendancy for losses to be larger than average.
Audi A3 Insurance Loss Statistics
Specific Audi Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Audi A3 4dr 2WD 152 90 109 85 Audi A3 4dr 4WD 147 73 111 80
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
To find more affordable rates, there are a couple of ways to compare quotes from all the different companies. By far the easiest way to compare Audi A3 insurance prices is to use the internet to compare rates.
Just keep in mind that quoting more helps locate the best rates.
The car insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide quotes in Hawaii. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you visit several of them to get the best price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|A3 2.0T Premium Package||$176||$402||$248||$14||$74||$914||$76|
|A3 2.0T Premium Plus Package||$108||$250||$278||$16||$84||$736||$61|
|A3 2.0T Quattro||$222||$500||$300||$18||$90||$1,130||$94|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Hawaii minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-policy, safe-driver, homeowner, and multi-vehicle. Estimates do not factor in your specific Honolulu location which can revise insurance rates greatly.
Can higher deductibles save money?
The diagram below shows how choosing a deductible and can influence Audi A3 yearly insurance costs for different categories of driver ages. The premiums are based on a single male driver, full coverage, and no discounts are applied.
Should you buy full coverage?
The diagram below illustrates the comparison of Audi A3 annual premium costs when comparing full coverage to state minimum liability only. The information is based on no claims or driving violations, $250 deductibles, single female driver, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
When to switch to liability coverage only
There isn't a written rule to drop physical damage insurance, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the yearly cost of full coverage is 10% or more of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let's assume your Audi A3 book value is $5,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most you would receive is $4,000 after paying your policy deductible. If premium cost is more than $400 annually to have full coverage, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
There are some conditions where dropping physical damage coverage is not recommended. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you have to carry full coverage to satisfy the loan requirements. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should not buy liability only.
Car insurance ads bend the truth
Big name companies like State Farm, Allstate and GEICO continually stream ads in print and on television. All the companies advertise the message about how much you will save if you move your policy. How does each company have lower policy pricing? It's all in the wording.
All companies provide the lowest rates for the driver that is profitable for them. For instance, a profitable risk profile should be between the ages of 30 and 50, has never had a policy lapse, and drives less than 5,000 miles a year. Any person who matches those parameters will probably get cheap prices and therefore will cut their rates substantially.
Potential insureds who may not quite match the "perfect" profile will get a more expensive rate and ends up with the customer not buying. If you pay attention, the ads say "customers that switch" not "everyone that quotes" can save as much as they claim. This is how insurance companies can confidently lure you into getting a quote.
This really illustrates why you absolutely need to do a rate comparison at every renewal. Because you never know which company will give you the biggest savings.
Insurance is not optional
Even though Honolulu A3 insurance rates can get expensive, maintaining insurance may be required for several reasons.
- The majority of states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require a minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to license the vehicle. In Hawaii these limits are 20/40/10 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your vehicle, most banks will have a requirement that you buy insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If you let the policy lapse, the bank may buy a policy for your Audi at a much higher premium rate and require you to reimburse them for the expensive policy.
- Insurance protects not only your car but also your financial assets. It also can pay for medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also pays for attorney fees and expenses in the event you are sued. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of having insurance outweigh the cost, especially when you need to use it. An average driver in America overpays more than $825 a year so it's very important to do a rate comparison each time the policy renews to make sure the price is not too high.
Do you qualify for discounts on Audi A3 insurance in Honolulu?
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but discounts can save money and there are some available that can help lower your rates. Some of these discounts will be visible at the time of purchase, but some discounts are required to be specially asked for before you get the savings.
- Driver's Ed - Cut your cost by having your teen driver enroll and complete driver's education as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Military Rewards - Having an actively deployed family member could trigger a small discount.
- No Charge for an Accident - Not really a discount, but a few companies such as Allstate and GEICO will allow you to have one accident without the usual rate increase if you have no claims for a specific time period.
- Senior Citizen Rates - If you're over the age of 55, you are able to get reduced rates.
- Discounts for New Vehicles - Buying a new car model is cheaper because newer models are generally safer.
- Anti-lock Brakes - Cars, trucks, and SUVs with ABS and/or traction control are much safer to drive and will save you 10% or more on A3 insurance in Honolulu.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives - Forcing all vehicle occupants to buckle up can save up to 15% on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Discounts for Responsible Drivers - Drivers without accidents can save as much as half off their rates than drivers with accidents.
As a disclaimer on discounts, some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. Even though it may seem like adding up those discounts means a free policy, insurance companies aren't that generous.
Some companies that may offer policyholders these benefits are:
Check with every insurance company which discounts they offer. Savings may not be offered everywhere. To see providers who offer free Audi A3 insurance quotes in Honolulu, click this link.
Local Honolulu insurance agents and auto insurance
Many drivers would rather have an agent's advice and often times that is recommended The best thing about comparing insurance prices online is you may find the lowest rates but still work with a licensed agent. Buying insurance from neighborhood insurance agencies is especially important in Honolulu.
For easy comparison, once you complete this short form, the coverage information is instantly submitted to companies in Honolulu who want to provide quotes for your insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to even leave your home since rate quotes are delivered directly to you. Get lower rates and work with a local agent. If you need to get a rate quote from a specific auto insurance provider, you would need to search and find their rate quote page and submit a quote form there.
If you want to use local Honolulu agents, it helps to know the two types of insurance agents and how they function. Agencies in Honolulu are classified as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
These agents can sell policies from many different companies and that allows them to write policies through many different auto insurance companies and find the cheapest rate. If they find a lower price, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you don't have to find a new agent. If you are comparing rate quotes, we highly recommend that you include multiple independent agents in order to have the best price comparison. Most independent agents also contract with additional companies that you may not be familiar with that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Featured below is a list of independent agents in Honolulu that may be able to give comparison quotes.
- Cornerstones Financial and Insurance Agency
250 Ward Ave #220 - Honolulu, HI 96814 - (808) 626-5068 - View Map
- Insurance Associates, Inc.
800 Bethel St # 200 - Honolulu, HI 96813 - (808) 538-6938 - View Map
- Rosten Y Tsuha Insurance Agency Inc
1350 S King St #303 - Honolulu, HI 96814 - (808) 591-5545 - View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Exclusive insurance agents write business for a single company and some examples include Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. Exclusive agents are unable to shop your coverage around so keep that in mind. Exclusive agents receive extensive training on their products and sales techniques which aids in selling service over price. Drivers often purchase coverage from exclusives mainly due to the prominent brand name rather than having low rates.
Below are exclusive insurance agencies in Honolulu who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Sean Huh - State Farm Insurance Agent
23 S Vineyard Blvd #205 - Honolulu, HI 96813 - (808) 528-0001 - View Map
- Allstate: Honolulu Insurance Specialists
1370 N King St - Honolulu, HI 96817 - (808) 845-9026 - View Map
- Wil Chang - State Farm Insurance Agent
6700 Kalanianaole Hwy #204 - Honolulu, HI 96825 - (808) 395-5433 - View Map
Deciding on an car insurance agent is decision based upon more than just a low price. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
- How would your car be valued if totalled?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
Find affordable car insurance prices by comparing often
Insureds change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including high prices, questionable increases in premium, lack of trust in their agent or extreme rates for teen drivers. It doesn't matter what your reason, finding a new company can be easy and end up saving you some money.
We just covered a lot of ways to find affordable Audi A3 insurance in Honolulu. It's most important to understand that the more companies you get auto insurance rates for, the better chance you'll have of finding the cheapest Audi A3 rate quotes. Consumers could even find that the best price on car insurance is with a company that doesn't do a lot of advertising.
Discount Audi A3 insurance in Honolulu is attainable both online and also from your neighborhood Honolulu agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best rate selection. A few companies may not have rates over the internet and usually these small insurance companies work with independent insurance agents.
For more information, take a look at the following helpful articles:
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Higher speed limits cause more fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)
- Young Drivers: The High Risk Years Video (iihs.org)
- Should I Buy a New or Used Car? (Allstate)