Do you want to stop overpaying and find low-cost Cadillac Escalade insurance in Honolulu? When shopping for more affordable insurance, are you intimidated by the dozens of car insurance sources in Honolulu? Lot's of other drivers are too. You have so many options that it can quickly become a real challenge to find lower rates on Cadillac Escalade insurance. Everyone knows Honolulu is a great place to live, but expensive car insurance can make it nearly impossible to keep a tight budget.
Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that the vast majority of drivers have purchased from the same company for at least the last four years, and 38% of drivers have never compared rates to find lower-cost insurance. The average driver in Hawaii could cut their rates by almost $360 a year just by getting comparison quotes, but they don't believe how much savings they would realize if they switched to a more affordable policy.
To find low cost Honolulu car insurance quotes, there are several ways to compare prices from different companies. The fastest way to compare insurance prices involves getting comparison quotes online.
Just keep in mind that obtaining a wide range of quotes helps locate a lower rate than you're paying now. Some companies don't provide online price quotes, so you need to compare quotes from them, too.
The auto insurance companies shown below offer comparison quotes in Honolulu, HI. If several companies are displayed, we recommend you visit several of them to find the most competitive auto insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Escalade Luxury Edition 2WD||$274||$458||$338||$20||$102||$1,192||$99|
|Escalade Premium Edition 4WD||$150||$250||$318||$18||$96||$832||$69|
|Escalade Luxury Edition 4WD||$394||$558||$434||$26||$130||$1,542||$129|
|Escalade Premium Edition 2WD||$288||$378||$434||$26||$130||$1,256||$105|
|Escalade Hybrid 2WD||$246||$548||$362||$22||$108||$1,286||$107|
|Escalade Hybrid 4WD||$164||$364||$338||$20||$102||$988||$82|
|Escalade Platinum Edition 2WD||$266||$518||$348||$20||$104||$1,256||$105|
|Escalade Platinum Edition 4WD||$192||$332||$330||$20||$100||$974||$81|
|Escalade Hybrid Platinum 2WD||$208||$410||$300||$18||$90||$1,026||$86|
|Escalade Hybrid Platinum 4WD||$374||$802||$404||$24||$120||$1,724||$144|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Hawaii minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, claim-free, and multi-policy. Prices do not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can impact premiums substantially.
Price comparison of only insuring for liability
The chart below shows the difference between Cadillac Escalade insurance rates with full phyical damage coverage and with liability coverage only. The premiums assume no claims, a clean driving record, $1,000 deductibles, married female driver, and no policy discounts are applied.
When to eliminate full coverage
There is no exact rule of when to phase out physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a general guideline. If the annual cost of having full coverage is about 10% or more of the settlement you would receive from your company, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
For example, let's say your Cadillac Escalade replacement cost is $3,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most you would receive is $2,000 after paying your policy deductible. If premium cost is more than $200 a year for full coverage, then you might consider buying liability only.
There are some cases where buying only liability insurance is not recommended. If you haven't paid off your loan, you have to keep full coverage in order to keep the loan. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should not remove full coverage.
Discounts mean cheaper rates for Cadillac Escalade insurance in Honolulu
Some insurance providers don't always publicize every disount available in a way that's easy to find, so the list below gives a summary of both the well known as well as the least known credits that may apply to you.
- Renewal Discounts - Some insurance companies provide a discount for buying a policy prior to your current Escalade insurance policy expiration. It's a savings of about 10%.
- Good Grades Discount - Excelling in school may save as much as 25% on a Honolulu car insurance quote. You can use this discount normally until age 25.
- Low Mileage - Low mileage vehicles may enable drivers to earn better insurance rates on cars that stay parked.
- College Student Discount - Youth drivers who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Honolulu and don't have a car can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Paper-free Discount - Some insurance companies give back up to $50 for signing up over the internet.
- Government Employees - Employees or retirees of the government can earn a discount up to 10% with select insurance companies.
- Payment Discounts - By paying your policy upfront as opposed to paying monthly you may reduce your total bill.
- Professional Memberships - Being a member of certain professional organizations is a good way to get lower rates on your bill.
- One Accident Forgiven - This one isn't a discount, but companies like Progressive and Allstate will allow you to have one accident before they charge you more for coverage if you have no claims prior to the accident.
As is typical with insurance, most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. So despite the fact that it appears having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you won't be that lucky.
The best insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts are shown below.
- State Farm may include discounts for passive restraint, driver's education, good student, Steer Clear safe driver discount, Drive Safe & Save, student away at school, and multiple autos.
- GEICO has savings for driver training, anti-lock brakes, daytime running lights, seat belt use, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy.
- Allstate may have discounts that include safe driver, anti-theft, teenSMART discount, defensive driver, multi-policy, utility vehicle, and premier plus.
- SAFECO offers discounts including drive less, bundle discounts, anti-lock brakes, accident prevention training, homeowner, teen safe driver, and multi-car.
- Farm Bureau offers premium reductions for good student, 55 and retired, driver training, youthful driver, multi-vehicle, and renewal discount.
- Progressive includes discounts for online signing, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and good student.
- AAA discounts include anti-theft, multi-policy, good driver, education and occupation, pay-in-full, and AAA membership discount.
Double check with all companies you are considering which credits you are entitled to. Savings may not apply to policies in your state.
When to get advice from an insurance agency
Many people still prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and that can be a smart move An additional benefit of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get the best rates and also buy local.
After filling out this quick form, your information is emailed to companies in Honolulu who will gladly provide quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no reason to do any legwork since rate quotes are delivered to your email. You can find better rates without a big time investment. If you have a need to quote rates for a specific company, you just need to visit that company's website to submit a rate quote request.
Choosing the best company needs to be determined by more than just the price. Get answers to these questions too.
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
Pick the best auto insurance agent in Honolulu for you
If you are wanting to find a good Honolulu insurance agent, you need to know there are two types of agencies that you can choose from. Insurance agents are considered either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These agents can only place business with one company such as American Family, State Farm, and AAA. These agents are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. These agents are well schooled on their products and sales techniques which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Many people use the same exclusive agent primarily because of the brand name and solid financial strength.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Honolulu who may provide you with price quote information.
- Scott Saito - State Farm Insurance Agent
1150 S King St #901d - Honolulu, HI 96814 - (808) 946-8464 - View Map
- Sue Ann Lu - State Farm Insurance Agent
210 Ward Ave #116 - Honolulu, HI 96814 - (808) 587-6116 - View Map
- Marilyn Jacobe - State Farm Insurance Agent
1125 N King St #303 - Honolulu, HI 96817 - (808) 254-7028 - View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
These agents are not locked into one company so as a result can place your coverage with lots of companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If you are not satisfied with one company, an independent agent can move your coverage and you won't have to switch agencies.
If you need lower rates, you need to get insurance quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to get the best comparison. Many can place coverage with smaller regional carriers that many times have cheaper rates.
The following is a list of independent agencies in Honolulu who can help you get price quote information.
- Pyramid Insurance Center Ltd
420 Waiakamilo Rd - Honolulu, HI 96817 - (808) 527-7667 - View Map
- Atlas Insurance
1132 Bishop St #1600 - Honolulu, HI 96813 - (808) 533-8728 - View Map
- Rosten Y Tsuha Insurance Agency Inc
1350 S King St #303 - Honolulu, HI 96814 - (808) 591-5545 - View Map
Do I just need basic coverages?
When selecting the best car insurance coverage for your vehicles, there isn't really a "perfect" insurance plan. Every insured's situation is different.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help highlight whether your personal situation would benefit from professional advice.
- Can I use my car for my catering business?
- Is my son or daughter covered when driving my car?
- What are the best liability limits?
- What is covered by UM/UIM coverage?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
- Who is covered by my policy?
If you can't answer these questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form.
How You Can Control Cadillac Escalade Insurance Prices
Many things are taken into consideration when you get your auto insurance bill. Most are fairly basic like an MVR report, but some are less apparent such as your credit history or how safe your car is.
- Driving citations can be expensive - Your driving record has a big impact on rates. Drivers with clean records tend to pay less for car insurance as compared to those with violations. Getting just one chargable violation may cause rates to rise by as much as thirty percent. Drivers with flagrant violations such as DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may be required to maintain a SR-22 to the state department of motor vehicles in order to keep their license.
- An active insurance claims history can cost more - Car insurance companies in Hawaii generally give the best rates to policyholders who are claim-free. If you file claims often, you can look forward to either higher rates or even cancellation. Auto insurance is designed for the large, substantial claims.
- Do safer cars cost less to insure? - Vehicles with high crash test scores are cheaper to insure. Safe vehicles have better occupant injury protection and lower injury rates means less money paid by your insurance company and thus lower rates. If your Cadillac scored at minimum an "acceptable" rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website it is probably cheaper to insure.
- Do you really need the extra coverages? - There are quite a few additional extra coverages that sound like a good idea at the time but may not be useful. Insurance for roadside assistance, high-cost glass coverage, and extra equipment coverage may not be needed and are just wasting money. They may seem like a good idea initially, but if they're wasting money consider taking them off your policy.
- Multiple policies with one company can save - The majority of auto insurance companies afford a discount to customers that have more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Discounts can add up to as much as ten percent or more Even if you qualify for this discount already, you may still want to comparison shop to help ensure you have the lowest rates.
- Occupation stress can make you pay more - Did you know your auto insurance rates can be affected by your occupation? Careers like lawyers, airline pilots, and stock brokers generally pay higher rates than average because of stressful work requirements and lots of time spent at work. Other jobs like actors, students and the unemployed pay the least.
- Pay less if you're married - Walking down the aisle actually saves money on your auto insurance bill. Having a significant other demonstrates that you tend to be more mature and responsible and statistics prove married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
- Vehicle theft costs us all - Choosing to buy a car with a theft deterrent system can save you a little every year. Theft prevention devices like GM's OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers all aid in stopping auto theft and help lower rates.
- Loss statistics for a Cadillac Escalade - Car insurance companies factor in insurance loss information as a tool for profitable underwriting. Models that statistically have higher claim amounts or frequency will have higher premium rates.
The table below illustrates the historical insurance loss data for Cadillac Escalade vehicles. For each coverage category, the claim probability for all vehicles as a whole is considered to be 100. Percentage numbers below 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while percentage values above 100 indicate higher probability of having a loss or tendancy to have higher losses.
Car Insurance Loss Data for Cadillac Escalade Models
Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Cadillac Escalade 4dr 2WD 156 122 Cadillac Escalade 4dr 4WD 132 99 119 55 Cadillac Escalade ESV 4dr 2WD 124 Cadillac Escalade ESV 4dr 4WD 123 106 155
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Best reasons to buy auto insurance in Hawaii
Despite the high cost, paying for auto insurance is required by state law in Hawaii and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- Just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to carry specific minimum amounts of liability in order to drive the car. In Hawaii these limits are 20/40/10 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Cadillac Escalade has a loan, almost every bank will require you to carry insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the bank may insure your Cadillac for a lot more money and require you to pay the higher premium.
- Auto insurance protects not only your Cadillac Escalade but also your financial assets. Insurance will also pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability insurance will also pay to defend you if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive and collision coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of buying enough insurance more than offset the price you pay, especially when you need to use it. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer is wasting up to $810 a year so it's important to compare rates at every policy renewal to ensure rates are inline.
Frequent quotes can save
A few companies may not have internet price quotes and most of the time these smaller companies sell through local independent agents. Affordable Cadillac Escalade insurance in Honolulu can be bought on the web and from local agencies, and you should compare rates from both to have the best chance of lowering rates.
When getting Honolulu car insurance quotes online, never sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There have been many situations where someone sacrificed uninsured motorist or liability limits and discovered at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your focus should be to find the BEST coverage at an affordable rate while still protecting your assets.
You just learned a lot of tips how to save on Cadillac Escalade insurance in Honolulu. It's most important to understand that the more you quote Honolulu car insurance, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers could even find that the most savings is with a smaller regional carrier.
More detailed auto insurance information is located in the articles below: