Locating the cheapest insurance for a Honda Crosstour in Hawaii can be difficult, but you can learn the following methods to save time.
There are more efficient ways to compare car insurance rates so you're going to learn the absolute fastest way to price shop coverage on a Honda and get the cheapest rates from both online companies and Honolulu agents.
If you are insured now or are just looking to switch companies, you can follow these tips to find better prices while maximizing coverage. Shopping for the cheapest car insurance policy in Honolulu is not as hard as you may think. Shoppers just need to know the proper way to compare price quotes from many different companies online.
Finding Honda Crosstour insurance in Honolulu
The providers in the list below are ready to provide quotes in Honolulu, HI. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you compare several of them to find the most affordable car insurance rates.
Auto insurance policy discounts you can't miss
Auto insurance companies do not list all available discounts very clearly, so we took the time to find some of the best known in addition to some of the lesser obvious discounts that may be available.
- Government Employee Discount - Simply working for the federal government may qualify for a discount when you quote Honolulu auto insurance depending on your auto insurance provider.
- Discount for Swiching Early - A few insurance companies allow discounts for renewing your policy prior to your current Crosstour insurance policy expiring. This can save 10% or more.
- Use Seat Belts - Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to wear their seat belts can save up to 15% on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Senior Citizen Discount - If you're over the age of 55, you could receive lower premium rates.
- Honolulu Homeowners Pay Less - Just owning your own home can save you money because of the fact that having a home requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Telematics Data Discounts - Honolulu drivers who agree to allow data collection to monitor vehicle usage by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as State Farm's In-Drive may see discounts if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Drive Less and Save - Driving less may allow you to get lower rates due to less chance of an accident.
- Defensive Driver Discounts - Taking time to complete a defensive driver course is a good idea and can lower rates depending on where you live.
- New Car Discount - Buying insurance coverage on a new vehicle may earn a small discount because new vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
It's important to understand that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. If you do the math and it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, company stockholders wouldn't be very happy.
For a list of companies that offer some of these discounts in Honolulu, click this link.
Compare rates but buy from a neighborhood Honolulu auto insurance agent
Certain consumers just prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and that is a smart decision Professional insurance agents can answer important questions and will help you if you have claims. The best thing about price shopping on the web is you may find better rates and still choose a local agent. Buying from and supporting neighborhood agents is still important in Honolulu.
After completing this short form, the coverage information is sent to agents in your area who will give you bids and help you find cheaper coverage. It's much easier because you don't need to find an agent on your own because prices are sent to the email address you provide. If you have a need to compare prices from a specific auto insurance provider, don't hesitate to visit that company's website to submit a rate quote request.
Different types of car insurance agents in Honolulu
If you want to use a good Honolulu insurance agent, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agencies and how they are distinctly different. Auto insurance policy providers can either be exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Both can sell affordable auto insurance policies, but it's worth mentioning the difference in how they write coverage since it could factor into the kind of agent you use.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agencies often have affiliation with several companies so they can insure your vehicles through lots of different companies and find the cheapest auto insurance rates. To move your coverage to a new company, they simply move the coverage in-house and that require little work on your part.
If you need lower rates, you need to get some free quotes from several independent agencies for maximum quote selection. Many can place coverage with mutual insurance companies that may provide cheaper auto insurance rates.
The following are Honolulu independent insurance agents that may be able to provide rate quotes.
- First Insurance Co of Hawaii Limited
1100 Ward Ave # Main, Honolulu, HI 96814, Honolulu, 96818 - Honolulu, HI 96818 - (808) 527-7777 - View Map
- Cornerstones Financial and Insurance Agency
250 Ward Ave #220 - Honolulu, HI 96814 - (808) 626-5068 - View Map
- Insurance Associates, Inc.
800 Bethel St # 200 - Honolulu, HI 96813 - (808) 538-6938 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel can only place business with one company and some examples include AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so they have to upsell other benefits. They receive extensive training on the products they sell which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Some consumers prefer to buy from exclusive agents primarily because of the brand rather than low price.
The following is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Honolulu that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Ricky N. Bonilla
2024 N King St #101b - Honolulu, HI 96819 - (808) 842-5844 - View Map
- Cynthia Leiko Frost - State Farm Insurance Agent
2038 S King St - Honolulu, HI 96826 - (808) 952-5353 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Erick Ellgren
1806 S King St Ste 32 - Honolulu, HI 96826 - (808) 941-2886 - View Map
Choosing a car insurance agent should include more criteria than just a cheap price. Some important questions to ask are:
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- How are claims handled?
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
Tailor your auto insurance coverage to you
Always keep in mind that when comparing the best auto insurance coverage, there is no "perfect" insurance plan. Every insured's situation is different.
For instance, these questions could help you determine if you would benefit from professional advice.
- Are combined or split liability limits better?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage on my Honda Crosstour?
- Do I have coverage when pulling a U-Haul trailer?
- Is my state a no-fault state?
- Can I still get insurance after a DUI?
- How do I file an SR-22 for a DUI in Hawaii?
If you don't know the answers to these questions, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form. It's fast, free and may give you better protection.
What Determines Honda Crosstour Insurance Premiums?
Lots of things are used in the calculation when you get your auto insurance bill. Most are fairly basic like an MVR report, but other factors are less obvious such as whether you are married and annual miles driven.
Prevent theft and save money - Selecting a car model with a theft deterrent system can save you a little every year. Theft prevention devices such as vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack all aid in stopping auto theft and help lower rates.
Cautious drivers pay the best rates - Good drivers have lower premiums than their less careful counterparts. Only having one citation may cause rates to rise to the point where it's not affordable. Drivers with severe violations such as hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions might be required by their state to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with their state motor vehicle department in order to legally drive.
High comp and collision deductibles reduce rates - Coverage for physical damage, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, is used to repair damage to your vehicle. Examples of some claims that would be covered are a dented fender, vandalism, and rolling your vehicle. The deductibles you choose define how much you are required to spend before your auto insurance pays a claim. The more expense you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the bigger discount you will receive.
High stress job may mean higher prices - Did you know your career choice can influence rates? Careers such as military personnel, social workers and dentists tend to pay the highest rates attributed to job stress and long work days. Other occupations such as scientists, students and the unemployed have lower than average premiums.
Why you need quality insurance for your Honda Crosstour
Despite the potentially high cost of Honda Crosstour insurance, maintaining insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
- The majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific minimum amount of liability in order to license the vehicle. In Hawaii these limits are 20/40/10 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Honda with a loan, it's most likely the lender will make it a condition of the loan that you carry insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If the policy lapses, the bank may buy a policy for your Honda at a much higher rate and force you to reimburse them for the expensive policy.
- Auto insurance preserves both your vehicle and your personal assets. It also can pay for medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage will also pay attorney fees if you are sued as the result of an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, your policy will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of insuring your car are without a doubt worth the cost, especially when you need to use it. But the average driver in Hawaii is overpaying over $825 a year so compare quotes from several companies at every renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Cheap car insurance premiums are out there
Insureds change insurance companies for a number of reasons such as delays in paying claims, denial of a claim, delays in responding to claim requests or high prices. Whatever your reason, switching companies can be pretty painless.
Budget-conscious Honda Crosstour insurance is available online in addition to local insurance agencies, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best chance of saving money. There are still a few companies who may not provide the ability to get a quote online and many times these smaller companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
When buying insurance coverage, it's very important that you do not buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are many occasions where someone sacrificed collision coverage and found out when filing a claim that they should have had better coverage. Your goal is to get the best coverage possible at the best possible price.
To learn more, take a look at the articles below:
- Airbag FAQ (iihs.org)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Vehicle Insurance (Wikipedia)
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)