Would you prefer to buy cheaper auto insurance rates in Honolulu, HI? Honolulu drivers have many options when trying to find the lowest priced Chevy Captiva Sport insurance. They can either waste time contacting agents trying to get quotes or utilize the internet to find the lowest rates. There are more efficient ways to shop for auto insurance and you need to know the quickest way to quote coverages for your Chevy and obtain the best price possible from both online companies and Honolulu agents.
Smart consumers take time to take a look at other company's rates as often as possible because auto insurance rates are constantly changing. Even if you got the best rate on Chevy Captiva Sport insurance in Honolulu a couple years back you can probably find a better price now. Block out anything you think you know about auto insurance because you're about to learn how to use the internet to find lower rates on auto insurance.
Chevy Captiva Sport insurance quotes comparison
Getting a low cost price on insurance is pretty simple and can save money. You just have to spend a few minutes comparing price quotes provided by online insurance companies.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide free rate quotes in Hawaii. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit several of them in order to find the lowest rates.
Lower rate quotes by taking advantage of discounts
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but you may be missing some discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Some discounts will apply when you complete an application, but some discounts are required to be specially asked for before you get the savings.
- Safety Restraint Discount - Forcing all vehicle occupants to wear their seat belts could save 15% on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Multiple Cars - Drivers who insure multiple cars on a single policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Theft Deterrent System - Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices are stolen less frequently and will save you 10% or more on Captiva Sport insurance in Honolulu.
- Low Miles Discount - Maintaining low annual mileage can earn discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
- Good Grades Discount - A discount for being a good student can get you a discount of up to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students until age 25.
Just know that most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. So when the math indicates all the discounts add up to a free policy, that's just not realistic.
Large car insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer can be read below.
- The Hartford may include discounts for air bag, vehicle fuel type, defensive driver, driver training, good student, anti-theft, and bundle.
- American Family may offer discounts for mySafetyValet, multi-vehicle, good driver, TimeAway discount, good student, and air bags.
- Progressive may have discounts that include homeowner, online quote discount, good student, online signing, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and continuous coverage.
- Travelers includes discounts for payment discounts, early quote, multi-policy, student away at school, multi-car, continuous insurance, and hybrid/electric vehicle.
- Farmers Insurance has discounts for business and professional, pay in full, youthful driver, distant student, and homeowner.
- USAA discounts include driver training, new vehicle, military installation, vehicle storage, and multi-vehicle.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts including new move discount, multi-policy, safety features, new graduate, newly retired, new vehicle discount, and exclusive group savings.
Before you buy a policy, ask each company which credits you are entitled to. Savings may not be available in your state. To find providers that offer the discounts shown above in Hawaii, click here.
Buy Chevy Captiva Sport Insurance More Affordably
Part of the car insurance buying process is learning the different types of things that come into play when calculating your premiums. When consumers understand what impacts premium levels, this enables informed choices that could result in big savings.
The list below includes some of the most rate-impacting factors car insurance companies consider when setting your prices.
- Extra coverages you don't use - There are a lot of add-on coverages that can add up if you don't pay attention. Insurance for things like vanishing deductibles, high-cost glass coverage, and term life insurance are probably not needed. You may think they are a good idea when deciding what coverages you need, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
- Pay more out-of-pocket - Insurance for physical damage, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, covers damage that occurs to your Chevy. A few examples of covered claims are running into the backend of another car, collision with an animal, or theft. The deductibles you choose state the amount of money you are required to pay before your car insurance pays a claim. The larger the amount the insured has to pay upfront, the bigger discount you will receive.
- Poor credit decisions can cost you - Having a good credit score will be a significant factor in calculating your car insurance rates. Insureds with high credit ratings tend to be better risks to insure than drivers who have lower credit ratings. If your credit history can be improved, you may save money insuring your Chevrolet Captiva Sport by improving your rating.
- Gaps in coverage mean higher rates - Allowing your car insurance policy to lapse will be a quick way to pay more for car insurance. In addition to paying higher premiums, getting caught without coverage may earn you fines or a revoked license.
- Male rates may be higher - Statistics have proven that females tend to be a little less risky than males. The data does not necessarily mean that women are better drivers. Males and females tend to get into accidents at a similar rate, but the males cause more damage. Men also statistically have more aggressive citations such as reckless driving. Youthful male drivers are several times more likely to be in an accident and are penalized with high car insurance rates.
- Don't cut corners with liability - Your car insurance policy's liability coverage will afford coverage in the event that you are ruled to be at fault for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. Liability insurance provides for a legal defense which can cost thousands of dollars. Liability insurance is quite affordable compared to comp and collision, so do not cut corners here.
- Claims statistics for a Chevy Captiva Sport - Companies analyze past claim statistics to help calculate a profitable premium price. Vehicles that statistically have higher number or severity of losses will have higher rates.
The next table illustrates the compiled insurance loss statistics for Chevy Captiva Sport vehicles. For each type of coverage, the claim amount for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, is represented as 100. Values that are under 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while numbers above 100 show a trend for more claims or a tendancy for losses to be larger than average.
Chevrolet Captiva Sport Insurance Claim Statistics
Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Chevrolet Captiva Sport 4dr 2WD 89 95 88 123 115 105
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Insurance agents can help
A small number of people still prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that is OK! Licensed agents can help determine the best coverages and will help you if you have claims. A nice benefit of comparing rates online is you can get lower prices but still work with a licensed agent.
Once you complete this quick form, your information is immediately sent to agents in your area who will give competitive quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to do any legwork since rate quotes are delivered to your email. In the event you want to quote rates from a specific insurance company, just navigate to their website and submit a quote form there.
Finding a good insurer is decision based upon more than just the bottom line cost. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- When do they do policy reviews?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- What company do they have the most business with?
- Will one accident increase rates?
Independent or Exclusive: It's your choice
If you need to find a local Honolulu insurance agent, it helps to know the two different agency structures and how they function. Insurance agents are classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Either type can sell affordable insurance policies, but it's important to point out how they are different because it can factor into which agent you choose.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only place business with one company such as Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents cannot place coverage with different providers so they really need to provide good service. These agents are usually quite knowledgeable on their products and sales techniques which aids in selling service over price. Consumers sometimes purchase coverage from exclusives mostly because of the brand name rather than low rates.
The following is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Honolulu who may provide you with comparison quotes.
- Sue Ann Lu - State Farm Insurance Agent
210 Ward Ave #116 - Honolulu, HI 96814 - (808) 587-6116 - View Map
- Ryan Miyashita - State Farm Insurance Agent
1580 Makaloa St #102 - Honolulu, HI 96814 - (808) 945-0802 - View Map
- Herb Fujikawa - State Farm Insurance Agent
3538 Waialae Ave #205 - Honolulu, HI 96816 - (808) 732-1076 - View Map
Independent Insurance Agencies
Agents in the independent channel can quote rates with many companies and that enables them to quote your coverage with any number of different companies and get you the best rates possible. If they find a cheaper price, they simply move your policy to a different company which makes it simple for you. When comparison shopping, you will definitely want to include several independent agencies for maximum quote selection. Most also have access to less well-known companies that many times have cheaper rates.
Below is a short list of independent agencies in Honolulu that are able to give price quotes.
- John H Connors Insurance
500 Ala Moana Blvd # 2303 - Honolulu, HI 96813 - (808) 534-7300 - View Map
- Anita Butay Diniega
1088 Bishop St #2210 - Honolulu, HI 96813 - (808) 841-5915 - View Map
- First Insurance Co of Hawaii Limited
1100 Ward Ave # Main, Honolulu, HI 96814, Honolulu, 96818 - Honolulu, HI 96818 - (808) 527-7777 - View Map
Which policy gives me the best coverage?
When quoting and comparing insurance from an agent or online for your personal vehicles, there isn't really a cookie cutter policy. You are unique.
These are some specific questions can help discover if your situation would benefit from an agent's advice.
- Is my dog or cat covered if injured in an accident?
- What is UM/UIM insurance?
- What does medical payments cover?
- When would I need additional glass coverage?
- Does insurance cover damages from a DUI accident?
- Why is insurance for a teen driver so high in Honolulu?
- When should I not file a claim?
- Is my ex-spouse still covered by my policy?
- What policy terms are available?
If you're not sure about those questions then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. If you don't have a local agent, simply complete this short form. It's fast, doesn't cost anything and can help protect your family.
Persistence pays off
We've covered quite a bit of information on how to save on Chevy Captiva Sport insurance in Honolulu. The key concept to understand is the more you quote Honolulu car insurance, the better likelihood of getting affordable Honolulu car insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the best car insurance rates are with a small local company.
As you prepare to switch companies, never buy poor coverage just to save money. There have been many situations where someone sacrificed uninsured motorist or liability limits to discover at claim time that it was a big error on their part. Your aim should be to buy the best coverage you can find at the best possible price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
People who switch companies do it for a number of reasons such as being labeled a high risk driver, extreme rates for teen drivers, denial of a claim and policy non-renewal. Whatever your reason, switching companies is not as difficult as it may seem.
For more information, feel free to visit the resources below: