Want to learn how to find more competitive Jeep Patriot insurance in Honolulu? Overpriced insurance in Honolulu can empty your savings and possibly require postponing other expenditures.
It's hard to believe, but nearly 70% of customers renewed their policy with the same company for more than four years, and 38% of drivers have never even shopped around for affordable coverage. Many consumers in Honolulu could save themselves 40% a year just by shopping around, but they don't understand how simple it is to shop around.
Multiple auto insurance companies compete to insure your vehicles, and it can be difficult to compare rates and get the best coverage at the cheapest price on Jeep Patriot insurance in Honolulu.
You should make it a habit to shop coverage around yearly because insurance prices trend upward over time. Even if you got the lowest rates on Jeep Patriot insurance in Honolulu two years ago there is a good chance you can find better rate quotes now. Don't believe everything you read about Patriot insurance on the internet, but you can learn some of the best techniques to save money.
If you currently have a car insurance policy, you will be able to lower your rates using the concepts you're about to learn. Finding the cheapest insurance coverage in Honolulu can initially seem challenging. Nevertheless, Hawaii car owners can benefit by having an understanding of how big insurance companies sell insurance online because rates fluctuate considerably.
Many insurance companies like State Farm, GEICO and Progressive provide price estimates directly from their websites. Doing online quotes for Jeep Patriot insurance in Honolulu is fairly straightforward as you simply type in your coverage information on the page. When the form is submitted, their rating system automatically retrieves your driving record and credit report and returns a price determined by many factors. This helps simplify price comparisons, and it's absolutely necessary to have as many quotes as possible if you want to find cheap prices.
To save time and compare rates now, visit the companies below or click here to submit a quote request to multiple companies at once. If you have coverage now, it's recommended you replicate the limits and deductibles exactly as they are listed on your policy. This helps ensure you will receive rate quotes for exact coverage.
The following companies have been selected to offer price quotes in Honolulu, HI. If the list has multiple companies, it's highly recommended you get rates from several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Patriot Sport 2WD||$198||$348||$358||$22||$106||$1,032||$86|
|Patriot Sport 4WD||$112||$190||$248||$14||$74||$638||$53|
|Patriot Limited 2WD||$190||$278||$346||$20||$104||$938||$78|
|Patriot Limited 4WD||$252||$506||$358||$22||$106||$1,244||$104|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Hawaii minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, safe-driver, claim-free, and homeowner. Price information does not factor in vehicle location which can affect premium rates significantly.
Tickets and at-fault accidents raise rates
The example below illustrates how violations and at-fault claims can raise Jeep Patriot car insurance costs for different categories of driver ages. The data assumes a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
An analysis of deductible level
The chart below highlights how deductible choice and can raise or lower Jeep Patriot insurance rates for different age groups of insureds. The data is based on a single male driver, comp and collision included, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Three reasons to insure your vehicle
Even though it can be expensive, paying for auto insurance may be required for several reasons.
- Almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific minimum amount of liability coverage if you want to drive legally. In Hawaii these limits are 20/40/10 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your vehicle, almost every bank will make it a condition of the loan that you have full coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender will be forced to insure your Jeep at a more expensive rate and force you to reimburse them for the expensive policy.
- Auto insurance protects both your vehicle and your personal assets. Insurance will also pay for medical bills for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay to defend you if you are sued as the result of your driving. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive and collision coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially for larger claims. Today the average American driver overpays as much as $700 annually so compare rates once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are competitive.
Save with these ten discounts on Jeep Patriot insurance in Honolulu
Companies don't always advertise every discount they offer very clearly, so below is a list both well-publicized and also the more inconspicuous discounts that you may qualify for.
- Sign Online - A handful of larger companies give back up to $50 just for signing your application online.
- Drivers Education - Require your teen driver to successfully complete driver's ed class if offered at their school.
- Military Deployment Discount - Being deployed with a military unit may lower your premium rates slightly.
- College Student - Children who attend college more than 100 miles from Honolulu and do not have a car can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Discounts for Government Workers - Federal government employees can earn a discount up to 10% with select insurance companies.
- Senior Citizen Discount - If you're over the age of 55, you could receive a small discount on rates.
- Anti-lock Brake System - Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems have fewer accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Smart Student Discounts - This discount can save 20 to 25%. The discount lasts well after school through age 25.
- Honolulu Homeowners Pay Less - Being a homeowner can help you save on insurance because maintaining a house requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Payment Discounts - If you pay your bill all at once rather than paying in monthly installments you may reduce your total bill.
A little disclaimer on discounts, most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. So when the math indicates all those discounts means the company will pay you, that's just not realistic.
Larger insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are shown below.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including accident-free, defensive driving training, good driver, student away at school, Drive Safe & Save, good student, and driver's education.
- Esurance offers premium reductions for multi-policy, multi-car, Pac-12 alumni, emergency road assistance, and DriveSense.
- Progressive includes discounts for multi-policy, homeowner, online quote discount, online signing, and multi-vehicle.
- Liberty Mutual discounts include new graduate, hybrid vehicle, exclusive group savings, new vehicle discount, and preferred payment discount.
- Auto-Owners Insurance may offer discounts for anti-theft, paperless, safe driver, multiple vehicles, group or association, and teen driver.
- GEICO has discounts for good student, driver training, five-year accident-free, emergency military deployment, membership and employees, and defensive driver.
Double check with all the companies what discounts are available to you. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply in Honolulu. For a list of insurance companies that offer the discounts shown above in Hawaii, click this link.
Don't assume everyone needs the same insurance coverage
Always keep in mind that when comparing the best insurance coverage, there isn't really a "perfect" insurance plan. Everyone's situation is a little different and your insurance should unique, too. For example, these questions can aid in determining if you will benefit from professional help.
- How can I find cheaper teen driver insurance?
- Does my policy cover me if I wreck while driving under the influence?
- Can I insure my car for more than it's worth?
- Should I buy additional glass protection?
- Am I covered if I back into my garage door?
- Does coverage extend to a rental car in a foreign country?
If it's difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form or click here for a list of insurance companies in your area.
Car insurance quotes from local Honolulu insurance agents
A lot of people still like to talk to a local agent and often times that is recommended A nice benefit of comparing rate quotes online is that you can obtain cheap car insurance quotes and still have a local agent. Supporting local agents is important particularly in Honolulu.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is submitted to agents in your area that give free quotes for your coverage. It's much easier because you don't need to leave your house since rate quotes are delivered to the email address you provide. You can get cheaper car insurance rates and work with a local agent. In the event you want to compare prices from a particular provider, you just need to jump over to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
If you want a reliable insurance agency, you must know there are a couple different types of agencies and how they operate. Car insurance agencies can be described as either independent or exclusive.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Agents that elect to be independent often have many company appointments so they can quote policies with multiple insurance companies and find you the best rates. If they quote lower rates, an independent agent can move your coverage and you don't have to do anything.
If you are comparing rate quotes, you will want to get quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to have the most options to choose from.
The following are independent agents in Honolulu who can help you get rate quotes.
Agents in the exclusive channel generally can only insure with one company like Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. These agents are not able to compare rates from other companies so keep that in mind. Exclusive agencies are highly trained on what they offer which helps offset the inability to provide other markets.
Shown below are Honolulu exclusive agencies that can give you rate quotes.
Choosing an insurance agency should include more criteria than just the premium amount. Here are some questions you should ask.
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- What company do they have the most business with?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
- Does the agent help file claims?
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
What insurance coverages do you need?
Having a good grasp of a insurance policy can help you determine appropriate coverage and the correct deductibles and limits. The terms used in a policy can be confusing and coverage can change by endorsement. Shown next are typical coverages found on most insurance policies.
This covers damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. A deductible will apply and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims like damage from a tornado or hurricane, vandalism, rock chips in glass and falling objects. The highest amount you'll receive from a claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if it's not worth much more than your deductible consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP provide coverage for short-term medical expenses for things like X-ray expenses, pain medications, ambulance fees and chiropractic care. They can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance plan or if there is no health insurance coverage. They cover both the driver and occupants and also covers being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal injury protection coverage is only offered in select states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
This will cover injuries or damage you cause to other people or property by causing an accident. This insurance protects YOU against other people's claims. Liability doesn't cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. Your policy might show liability limits of 20/40/10 that means you have $20,000 bodily injury coverage, a per accident bodily injury limit of $40,000, and $10,000 of coverage for damaged propery. Some companies may use one number which is a combined single limit that pays claims from the same limit without having the split limit caps.
Liability can pay for claims like pain and suffering, attorney fees, bail bonds, structural damage and repair costs for stationary objects. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a personal decision, but buy as much as you can afford. Hawaii state minimum liability requirements are 20/40/10 but you should consider buying more liability than the minimum.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
This gives you protection from other motorists when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. This coverage pays for injuries sustained by your vehicle's occupants and also any damage incurred to your Jeep Patriot.
Since many Hawaii drivers carry very low liability coverage limits (which is 20/40/10), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages should not be overlooked. Most of the time these limits are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Collision insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from colliding with another car or object. You first must pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage pays for claims like hitting a mailbox, damaging your car on a curb, crashing into a ditch and colliding with a tree. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are older. Drivers also have the option to choose a higher deductible on your Patriot in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Get the best coverage at the lowest price
When you buy Honolulu car insurance online, do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are too many instances where an insured cut comprehensive coverage or liability limits and discovered at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage at an affordable rate and still be able to protect your assets.
We've covered many tips how you can reduce Jeep Patriot insurance prices online in Honolulu. The most important thing to understand is the more quotes you get, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even find the best prices are with a lesser-known regional company. Regional companies may cover specific market segments cheaper compared to the large companies like State Farm and Allstate.