How many years has it been since you compared lower-priced Dodge Charger insurance in Honolulu? Are you sick and tired of trying to scrape together enough money to keep your car insured? You are no different than millions of other people.
Astonishing but true according to a recent study, the vast majority of consumers in Hawaii kept buying from the same company for at least the last four years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never shopped around. American insurance shoppers can save as much as $850 each year just by comparing rates, but they underestimate the actual amount they would save if they moved their coverage to a different company.
There is such a variety of insurance companies to buy insurance from, and although it's nice to be able to choose, it can be more difficult to compare rates and find the lowest cost car insurance.
Companies offering Dodge Charger insurance in Hawaii
The providers in the list below are our best choices to provide price quotes in Hawaii. If several companies are displayed, we suggest you get prices from several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Charger 3.5 AWD||$210||$328||$330||$20||$100||$988||$82|
|Charger SXT AWD||$136||$250||$348||$20||$104||$858||$72|
|Charger Rallye AWD||$246||$546||$348||$20||$104||$1,264||$105|
|Charger R/T AWD||$350||$686||$446||$26||$134||$1,642||$137|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Hawaii minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, homeowner, and claim-free. Rates do not factor in specific garaging location which can increase or decrease premium rates greatly.
How accidents and violations affect rates in Honolulu
The chart below illustrates how speeding tickets and at-fault collisions influence Dodge Charger insurance rates for different insured age categories. Data assumes a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Slash rates with these discounts on Dodge Charger insurance in Honolulu
Not too many consumers would say auto insurance is affordable, but you might find some hidden discounts that many consumers don't even know exist. Certain credits will be shown when you get a quote, but a few must be specially asked for before being credited.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured - Drivers who insure multiple cars or trucks with the same company can get a discount on all vehicles.
- First Accident Forgiveness - Not really a discount, but certain companies will allow you to have one accident before hitting you with a surcharge if you are claim-free before the accident.
- Discount for Life Insurance - Not all insurance companies offer life insurance, but some may give you a break if you buy some life insurance too.
- Driver Education Discount - Require your teen driver to successfully complete driver's ed class if offered at their school.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts - Vehicles that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can avoid accidents and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Claim Free - Claim-free drivers have much lower rates as opposed to accident-prone drivers.
- Professional Organizations - Being a member of a professional or civic organization may earn a discount when getting a Honolulu auto insurance quote.
- Defensive Driver Discounts - Participating in a safe driver course may get you a small discount if your company offers it.
It's important to understand that some credits don't apply to the entire cost. Most only apply to individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. Despite the appearance that you could get a free auto insurance policy, you're out of luck.
A list of auto insurance companies and their possible discounts are shown below.
- Farm Bureau has savings for multi-vehicle, youthful driver, renewal discount, safe driver, and driver training.
- MetLife has discounts for accident-free, good driver, multi-policy, good student, and defensive driver.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including online signing, continuous coverage, good student, homeowner, and online quote discount.
- AAA discounts include good driver, multi-car, anti-theft, multi-policy, good student, AAA membership discount, and education and occupation.
- American Family may include discounts for air bags, bundled insurance, early bird, good driver, and mySafetyValet.
- GEICO may offer discounts for air bags, military active duty, emergency military deployment, federal employee, membership and employees, and seat belt use.
- State Farm offers discounts including driver's education, multiple autos, student away at school, Drive Safe & Save, safe vehicle, good student, and multiple policy.
When getting a coverage quote, ask each company which discounts they offer. A few discounts might not be offered in Honolulu. For a list of insurers with discount rates in Hawaii, click here to view.
Local neighborhood insurance agents
Many people just want to sit down and talk to an agent and that is OK! One of the benefits of comparing insurance prices online is you may find better rates and still have an agent to talk to. And providing support for local insurance agencies is important particularly in Honolulu.
After completing this quick form, your insurance coverage information is immediately sent to local insurance agents that give free quotes to get your business. It's much easier because you don't need to search for any insurance agencies since price quotes are sent to your email. You can find better rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you have a need to get a rate quote from one company in particular, just navigate to their website and fill out their quote form.
If you prefer to buy insurance from a reliable insurance agent, you must know there are a couple types of agencies and how they are slightly different. Honolulu agents may be either independent or exclusive.
Agents of this type are not limited to a single company so they can quote policies with lots of companies and find you cheaper rates. If they quote lower rates, the business is moved internally and you won't have to switch agencies.
If you need cheaper insurance rates, it's recommended you include rate quotes from a couple of independent agencies so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare.
Listed below is a small list of independent insurance agents in Honolulu who can help you get competitive price quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agents generally can only insure with one company and some examples include American Family, State Farm, and AAA. These agents are not able to shop your coverage around so if the price isn't competitive there isn't much they can do. These agents are well trained on their company's products and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
Listed below is a list of exclusive agencies in Honolulu who can help you get rate quotes.
Selecting an auto insurance agent shouldn't rely on just a cheap price quote. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- How often do they review coverages?
- How long has the business existed?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Hawaii?
Cheaper auto insurance is a realistic goal
When trying to cut insurance costs, you should never buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There have been many situations where an accident victim reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret at claim time that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The ultimate goal is to get the best coverage possible at the best price while not skimping on critical coverages.
We just presented a lot of tips how to reduce Dodge Charger insurance prices online in Honolulu. The key thing to remember is the more providers you compare, the better your chances of lowering your rates. You may even find the best price on auto insurance is with a company that doesn't do a lot of advertising. Some small companies may have significantly lower rates on certain market segments as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm or Progressive.
Much more information about auto insurance in Hawaii can be read at the links below