Would you like an easy way to compare more competitive Dodge Viper insurance in Honolulu? Finding cheaper insurance for a Dodge Viper in Hawaii can normally be difficult, but you can learn the following methods and make it easy. There are both good and bad ways to shop for auto insurance and we'll show you the best way to quote coverages on a Dodge and obtain the lowest price either online or from Honolulu insurance agents.
Choosing the most cost-effective car insurance policy in Honolulu can be much easier if you know how to start. If you are insured now or just want to save money, you can use these tips to get lower rates without having to cut coverage. Vehicle owners only need to know the most time-saving way to get comparison rates instantly.
The companies shown below are ready to provide free quotes in Hawaii. If several companies are displayed, it's a good idea that you visit several of them to get the lowest price.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Viper SRT/10 2-Dr Coupe||$310||$768||$248||$14||$74||$1,414||$118|
|Viper SRT/10 2-Dr Roadster||$220||$560||$320||$18||$96||$1,214||$101|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Hawaii minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, homeowner, claim-free, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle. Table data does not factor in specific location information which can increase or decrease prices considerably.
How careless driving impacts Honolulu car insurance rates
The chart below shows how violations and accident claims impact Dodge Viper yearly insurance costs for different categories of driver ages. The premiums assume a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
Rate comparison for different deductibles
The diagram below shows how choosing a deductible and can affect Dodge Viper insurance rates for each different age group. The rates are based on a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Full coverage or liability only
The chart below examines Dodge Viper insurance rates with full phyical damage coverage and with liability coverage only. The rate quotes are based on no violations or accidents, $100 deductibles, single male driver, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
When to drop full coverage
There is no set guideline to delete full coverage, but there is a general guideline. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is 10% or more of the vehicle's replacement cost less your deductible, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
For example, let's pretend your Dodge Viper replacement value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most you would receive is $5,000 after paying your deductible. If premiums are more than $500 a year for comprehensive and collision coverage, then it might be time to buy liability only.
There are some circumstances where removing full coverage is not a good plan. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you are required to maintain full coverage to protect the lienholder's interest in the vehicle. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should keep full coverage.
Discounts for cheap car insurance rates
Some insurers don't always publicize all possible discounts very well, so here is a list some of the more common and the more hidden ways to save on car insurance. If you're not getting every credit available, you are just wasting money.
- Homeowners Savings - Just owning your own home can help you save on car insurance because it means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Multiple Vehicles - Buying insurance for multiple cars on one policy qualifies for this discount.
- Driver's Ed - Teen drivers should complete a driver education course as it can save substantially.
- Data Collection Discounts - Insureds that choose to allow companies to spy on where and when they drive by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as Progressive's Snapshot could save a few bucks if they show good driving skills.
- Good Student Discount - This discount may save as much as 25% on a Honolulu car insurance quote. The discount lasts well after school through age 25.
- Anti-lock Brake System - Cars that have anti-lock braking systems are safer to drive and earn discounts up to 10%.
- E-sign Discounts - A handful of companies will give you a small discount for buying your policy over the internet.
One last thing about discounts, most discounts do not apply the the whole policy. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. Even though it appears having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you won't be that lucky. But any discount will definitely reduce your premiums.
A list of companies and some of their more popular discounts are:
- American Family may offer discounts for multi-vehicle, accident-free, good student, early bird, and defensive driver.
- Farm Bureau offers discounts including multi-vehicle, safe driver, driver training, 55 and retired, and multi-policy.
- State Farm may include discounts for accident-free, driver's education, multiple autos, safe vehicle, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- Travelers policyholders can earn discounts including continuous insurance, hybrid/electric vehicle, early quote, save driver, driver training, and good student.
- The Hartford offers discounts for air bag, good student, defensive driver, bundle, anti-theft, vehicle fuel type, and driver training.
- GEICO may have discounts that include multi-policy, military active duty, anti-lock brakes, air bags, seat belt use, and good student.
- Progressive discounts include multi-vehicle, online quote discount, good student, continuous coverage, and online signing.
Before buying, ask every prospective company what discounts are available to you. Some discounts may not be available in Honolulu. For a list of insurers that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Honolulu, click here to view.
Car insurance is not optional in Hawaii
Even though Honolulu Viper insurance rates can get expensive, maintaining insurance may be required for several reasons.
- Most states have minimum liability requirements which means the state requires a specific minimum amount of liability in order to drive the car. In Hawaii these limits are 20/40/10 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Dodge Viper has a lienholder, almost every bank will stipulate that you buy full coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender may insure your Dodge at a significantly higher premium and require you to fork over much more than you were paying before.
- Car insurance protects not only your car but also your assets. It also can pay for medical bills incurred in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also pays for attorney fees and expenses if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of buying enough insurance more than offset the price you pay, especially for larger claims. The average driver in America is overpaying over $865 each year so it's recommended you shop around every year to ensure rates are inline.
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing insurance from an agent or online for your vehicles, there is no one size fits all plan. You are unique.
These are some specific questions may help highlight if your situation would benefit from an agent's advice.
- Am I covered if I crash into my own garage door?
- Can I get by with minimal medical coverage if I have good health insurance?
- Does coverage extend to Mexico or Canada?
- Does insurance cover damages from a DUI accident?
- What if I owe more than I can insure my car for?
- Is there coverage for injuries to my pets?
- Does my Dodge Viper need full coverage?
- Are split liability limits better than a combined single limit?
If it's difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form. It is quick, free and you can get the answers you need.
When should I talk to an insurance agency?
Many people would rather sit down and talk to an agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases Agents are very good at helping people manage risk and will help you if you have claims. One of the best bonuses of comparing rate quotes online is that you can find the lowest rates but also keep your business local.
After completing this form (opens in new window), the quote information is sent to companies in Honolulu who will give you bids for your business. You won't need to leave your computer because prices are sent to you instantly. If you have a need to get a price quote from a specific auto insurance provider, you just need to search and find their rate quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Choosing an insurer needs to be determined by more than just a low price. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- When do they do policy reviews?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- Is the agency active in community causes in Honolulu?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
Types of auto insurance agents in Honolulu
If you are wanting to find a reliable insurance agent, you should know the different types of agencies and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Agencies in Honolulu can be classified as either independent or exclusive. Both can do a good job, but it is a good idea to know the subtle differences since it can affect the kind of agent you use.
These agents can only provide pricing for a single company and some examples include AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. They usually cannot provide other company's prices so keep that in mind. Exclusive agents are usually quite knowledgeable on the products they sell which can be an advantage. A lot of people choose to use a exclusive agent mainly due to the brand instead of buying on price only.
The following is a short list of exclusive agencies in Honolulu that can give you price quote information.
- Gwenette Higa - State Farm Insurance Agent
841 Bishop St #203 - Honolulu, HI 96813 - (808) 531-9918 - View Map
- Jef Saragena - State Farm Insurance Agent
677 Ala Moana Blvd Ste 310 - Honolulu, HI 96813 - (808) 951-0866 - View Map
- Scott Saito - State Farm Insurance Agent
1150 S King St #901d - Honolulu, HI 96814 - (808) 946-8464 - View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents of this type are not employed by one company and that enables them to quote your coverage through many different auto insurance companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If you are not satisfied with one company, they simply switch companies in-house without you having to go to a different agency. If you need cheaper auto insurance rates, it's a good idea to contact several independent agencies to ensure the widest selection of prices. A lot of them also have access to smaller mutual companies that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
The following are independent insurance agencies in Honolulu willing to provide rate quotes.
- Insurance Associates, Inc.
800 Bethel St # 200 - Honolulu, HI 96813 - (808) 538-6938 - View Map
- John H Connors Insurance
500 Ala Moana Blvd # 2303 - Honolulu, HI 96813 - (808) 534-7300 - View Map
- Island Insurance Hawaii
1022 Bethel St - Honolulu, HI 96813 - (808) 643-4000 - View Map
Once you have received acceptable answers to any questions you have as well as an affordable premium quote, it's a good possibility that you have found an auto insurance agent that can be relied on to properly insure your vehicles. But remember, you have the power to cancel a policy any time you want so never assume that you are permanently stuck with a specific agent with no way out.