Do you want cheaper Kia Forte insurance in Honolulu? Are you burned out from being strong-armed to insure your Kia every month? Your situation is no different than many other Hawaii drivers.
Sadly, nearly 70% of consumers kept their policy with the same company for over three years, and practically 40% of car insurance customers have never shopped around. Many consumers in Hawaii can cut their rates by about 40% a year, but they just assume it takes a lot of time to find lower-cost car insurance rates. Many auto insurance companies vie for your hard-earned dollar, so it can be very hard to choose a company to find the lowest rate on Kia Forte insurance in Honolulu.
Finding cheaper Honolulu insurance rates is a fairly straight forward process. You just have to take the time to compare rates provided by online insurance companies.
Online shopping is fast and free, and it makes it obsolete to spend your day driving to different Honolulu agent offices. The ability to buy insurance online makes this process obsolete unless you're the type of person who wants the personal advice that you can only get from talking to an agent. Although, it is possible compare the best prices online and get advice from an agent in your area.
The companies shown below offer price comparisons in Hawaii. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you visit as many as you can to find the most affordable auto insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Forte LX 4-Dr Sedan||$122||$202||$344||$20||$104||$792||$66|
|Forte EX 4-Dr Sedan||$162||$224||$270||$16||$80||$752||$63|
|Forte SX 4-Dr Sedan||$182||$272||$270||$16||$80||$820||$68|
|Forte EX 2-Dr Coupe||$264||$406||$392||$24||$118||$1,204||$100|
|Forte SX 2-Dr Coupe||$122||$250||$338||$20||$102||$832||$69|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Hawaii minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, safe-driver, multi-policy, homeowner, and multi-vehicle. Price information does not factor in zip code location which can affect premiums substantially.
Full coverage versus liability only rates
The illustration below shows the difference between Kia Forte insurance rates with liability coverage only compared to full coverage. Data assumes no tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, married male driver, and no discounts are applied.
Are you wasting money paying for full coverage?
There is no set rule to delete full coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can use. If the annual cost of coverage is 10% or more of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
For example, let's pretend your Kia Forte settlement value is $5,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most your company will settle for is $4,000 after paying your deductible. If you are paying in excess of $400 annually for your policy with full coverage, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
There are some conditions where only buying liability is not financially feasible. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you have to carry full coverage in order to prevent the bank from purchasing higher-priced coverage. Also, if you can't afford to buy a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should not buy liability only.
Drive responsibly or pay higher rates
The example below demonstrates how citations and accident claims influence Kia Forte insurance prices for each age group. The premiums assume a married female driver, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Affordable rates on Kia Forte insurance in Honolulu with these discounts
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but you might find some hidden discounts that you may not even be aware of. Certain credits will be shown at quote time, but lesser-known reductions have to be specifically requested before being credited.
- Distant Student Discount - Older children who are attending college and do not have a car could qualify for this discount.
- Renewal Discounts - A few insurance companies offer discounts for buying a policy early. This discount can save up to 10%.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints - Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can receive discounts of 20% or more.
- Accident-Free Discounts - Insureds with no claims or accidents pay much less as opposed to drivers who are more careless.
- Federal Employees - Federal government employees could qualify for a slight premium decrease with select insurance companies.
We need to note that most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when the math indicates you could get a free car insurance policy, companies don't profit that way.
To find car insurance companies who offer free Kia Forte insurance quotes in Honolulu, click this link.
Why you need to buy insurance
Even though it's not necessarily cheap to insure a Kia in Honolulu, maintaining insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- The majority of states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires specific limits of liability coverage if you don't want to risk a ticket. In Hawaii these limits are 20/40/10 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Kia has a loan, most lenders will require you to carry insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the bank may buy a policy for your Kia at a significantly higher premium and require you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Insurance protects both your assets and your car. It will also reimburse you for medical bills for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also covers legal expenses if you cause an accident and are sued. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, your policy will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of insuring your car are definitely more than the cost, especially with large liability claims. The average driver in America is overpaying more than $750 every year so we recommend shopping around once a year at a minimum to save money.
Comparing prices from local Honolulu auto insurance agents
Many drivers would rather visit with an insurance agent and doing that can be a smart decision Most agents can help you build your policy and give you someone to call. The best thing about comparing auto insurance online is you may find cheap rate quotes and still buy from a local agent. And buying from small agencies is important particularly in Honolulu.
After completing this simple form, your insurance data is emailed to participating agents in Honolulu who will return price quotes for your coverage. You don't have to find an agent on your own since rate quotes are delivered to you instantly. If you need to quote rates from a specific auto insurance provider, just visit that company's website and submit a quote form there.
If you are wanting to purchase auto insurance from a reputable agency, it helps to know the two different types of agents that you can select. Insurance agencies in Honolulu can be categorized as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Either one can sell and service auto insurance coverage, but we need to point out the differences since it could factor into the kind of agent you use.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Agents in the independent channel are not employed by one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies with many different companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. To move your coverage to a new company, they simply switch companies in-house and you stay with the same agent. When comparing auto insurance rates, we highly recommend that you include rate quotes from at least one independent agent to ensure the widest selection of prices.
Shown below is a short list of independent agencies in Honolulu that may be able to give you price quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agents can usually just insure with one company and some examples include State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents are unable to shop your coverage around so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agents are well schooled on the products they sell which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
The following are exclusive insurance agents in Honolulu that can give you rate quotes.
Picking an insurance agent should depend on more than just a cheap price quote. Below are some questions you should ask.
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?