Price shopping your Audi A7 insurance in Honolulu could be nearly impossible for drivers not familiar with comparing prices online. With a ridiculous number of companies, it can easily be a big hassle to find a more affordable company.
A recent study showed that about 70% of customers have bought auto insurance from the same company for over three years, and almost 40% of drivers have never compared rates to find cheaper insurance. Honolulu drivers could save themselves up to 40% a year just by comparing rates, but they don't know the large savings they would see if they moved their coverage to a different company.
Honolulu insurance discounts for an Audi A7
Companies that sell car insurance don't always publicize every discount they offer very well, so the list below gives a summary of a few of the more well known and also the more inconspicuous car insurance savings.
- Theft Deterrent - Cars, trucks, and SUVs with anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen so companies will give you a small discount.
- Telematics Data Discounts - People who choose to allow their insurance company to scrutinize driving manner by using a telematic data system such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate's Drivewise system might see lower rates if they show good driving skills.
- Student Discount for Driver Training - Require your teen driver to enroll and complete driver's education as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage - Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to buckle up before driving can save up to 15% off the medical payments premium.
- Full Payment Discount - If you can afford to pay the entire bill instead of making monthly payments you can actually save on your bill.
- New Vehicle Savings - Buying a new car instead of a used A7 can be considerably cheaper because new model year vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Life Insurance - Companies who offer life insurance give better rates if you take out some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Discount for Good Grades - Getting good grades could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. You can use this discount normally until age 25.
- Clubs and Organizations - Affiliation with qualifying clubs or civic groups can get you a small discount on your next car insurance statement.
- Federal Government Employee - Federal government employees could qualify for a slight premium decrease but check with your company.
Consumers should know that many deductions do not apply the the whole policy. Most only reduce individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though they make it sound like all the discounts add up to a free policy, you're out of luck.
Large car insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts are outlined below.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including online quote discount, online signing, multi-policy, continuous coverage, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and good student.
- AAA discounts include good student, good driver, multi-car, AAA membership discount, and education and occupation.
- Farmers Insurance includes discounts for good student, alternative fuel, early shopping, distant student, and mature driver.
- GEICO may have discounts that include military active duty, seat belt use, air bags, multi-vehicle, good student, and defensive driver.
- Esurance may offer discounts for emergency road assistance, safety device, good student, online quote, and homeowner.
- SAFECO has discounts for teen safety rewards, homeowner, anti-lock brakes, anti-theft, bundle discounts, safe driver, and teen safe driver.
- State Farm has savings for safe vehicle, anti-theft, passive restraint, accident-free, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
Double check with each insurance company which credits you are entitled to. A few discounts may not be available in Honolulu.
Keep in mind that comparing all the rates in your area helps increase your odds of locating more affordable insurance. Not every company provides Honolulu A7 insurance quotes online, so you need to compare price estimates from those companies as well.
The following companies are ready to provide comparison quotes in Honolulu, HI. If the list has multiple companies, we suggest you click on several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Do I need special coverages?
When it comes to buying the right insurance coverage, there isn't really a "best" method to buy coverage. Everyone's needs are different so your insurance should reflect that For instance, these questions may help highlight whether your personal situation might need an agent's assistance.
- Will my rates increase for filing one claim?
- Which is better, split liability limits or combined limits?
- Will my insurance pay for OEM parts?
- What is PIP insurance?
- What vehicles should carry emergency assistance coverage?
- Is water damage covered by my policy?
Local agents and auto insurance
Certain consumers still like to buy from a licensed agent and that can be a smart move One of the best bonuses of getting online price quotes is that you can obtain better rates and still have a local agent. Buying from and supporting small agencies is definitely important in Honolulu.
After filling out this short form, your coverage information is sent to companies in Honolulu who will give competitive quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to find an agent on your own since rate quotes are delivered to you. Get lower rates without a big time investment. In the event you want to compare rates from a specific insurance company, just find their quoting web page and complete a quote there.
If you are wanting to find a good Honolulu insurance agent, it helps to know the two different types of agents that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance agencies in Honolulu are either independent or exclusive.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent insurance agents are appointed with more than one company so they can insure your vehicles through many companies and potentially find a lower price. If they quote lower rates, the business is moved internally and you won't have to switch agencies. When comparing rate quotes, you will definitely want to get rate quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to have the most options to choose from. Most independent agents also contract with smaller mutual companies that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Featured below is a small list of independent agencies in Honolulu who can help you get price quotes.
- Island Insurance Hawaii
1022 Bethel St - Honolulu, HI 96813 - (808) 643-4000 - View Map
- Cornerstones Financial and Insurance Agency
250 Ward Ave #220 - Honolulu, HI 96814 - (808) 626-5068 - View Map
- Cavanah Associates, Inc.
1100 Alakea St #2600 - Honolulu, HI 96813 - (808) 537-1970 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents in the exclusive channel can only provide one company's prices like State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. Exclusive agents are unable to provide other company's prices so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive insurance agents are usually well trained on what they offer which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Many people buy insurance from these agents partially due to the brand legacy instead of buying on price only.
Below is a list of exclusive agencies in Honolulu that are able to give price quotes.
- State Farm Insurance: Shelli Toguchi-Hadley
4510 Salt Lake Boulevard Unit D15 - Honolulu, HI 96818 - (808) 486-1111 - View Map
- Doug Kam-Young - State Farm Insurance Agent
2841 Kaonawai Pl - Honolulu, HI 96822 - (808) 988-7011 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Dan Y.W. Au Hoy
931 University Ave Ste 108 - Honolulu, HI 96826 - (808) 944-1854 - View Map
Finding the right insurance agent shouldn't rely on just a cheap quote. A good agent in Honolulu will have answers to these questions.
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- What company do they have the most business with?
- How are claims handled?
- Is the agent properly licensed in Hawaii?
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
After receiving positive feedback to all your questions and an affordable coverage quote, you may have found an auto insurance agent that is reputable and can properly insure your vehicles. Just keep in mind you can always cancel your policy for any reason so never feel you're contractually obligated to any specific company for the entire policy term.
Car insurance coverage information
Having a good grasp of your policy helps when choosing which coverages you need at the best deductibles and correct limits. Policy terminology can be difficult to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring. Below you'll find typical coverages found on most auto insurance policies.
Medical expense insurance
Med pay and PIP coverage kick in for immediate expenses for rehabilitation expenses, EMT expenses, doctor visits, ambulance fees and surgery. They are used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. It covers not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants as well as any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not universally available but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Liability car insurance
Liability insurance can cover injuries or damage you cause to other people or property that is your fault. Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You might see values of 20/40/10 that translate to a limit of $20,000 per injured person, a limit of $40,000 in injury protection per accident, and $10,000 of coverage for damaged propery. Alternatively, you may have a combined limit which provides one coverage limit with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability insurance covers things such as medical expenses, pain and suffering and bail bonds. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a decision to put some thought into, but consider buying as large an amount as possible. Hawaii state minimum liability requirements are 20/40/10 but you should think about purchasing more coverage.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision)
Comprehensive insurance coverage covers damage from a wide range of events other than collision. A deductible will apply and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims such as a tree branch falling on your vehicle, falling objects, fire damage, hitting a bird and hail damage. The maximum payout you'll receive from a claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if it's not worth much more than your deductible consider dropping full coverage.
This pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from a collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You first must pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision can pay for things like driving through your garage door, damaging your car on a curb, colliding with a tree, rolling your car and scraping a guard rail. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are older. Another option is to raise the deductible on your A7 to bring the cost down.
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers
This coverage protects you and your vehicle when other motorists do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered losses include medical payments for you and your occupants as well as your vehicle's damage.
Since a lot of drivers carry very low liability coverage limits (Hawaii limits are 20/40/10), it doesn't take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked. Usually these coverages do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Auto insurance savings summarized
We just presented a lot of techniques to save on Audi A7 insurance in Honolulu. It's most important to understand that the more times you quote, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest prices come from a lesser-known regional company. Regional companies often have lower rates on specific markets compared to the large companies like State Farm and Allstate.
When trying to cut insurance costs, it's very important that you do not buy poor coverage just to save money. There are a lot of situations where an accident victim reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret at claim time they didn't purchase enough coverage. Your objective should be to buy enough coverage for the lowest price, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
To read more, link through to the articles below: