Feel like you have high-priced Ford Focus insurance in Honolulu? It's quite common and many consumers are feeling buyer's remorse and feel like there's no way out.
A recent NerdWallet.com study revealed that over 70% of Hawaii drivers renewed their policy with the same company for at least the last four years, and 38% of drivers have never compared rate quotes at all. Drivers in the U.S. could pocket as much as $850 a year just by getting comparison quotes, but most tend to underestimate the amount of money they would save if they switched to a cheaper policy.
Due to the large number of choices of insurance companies that have cheaper insurance for a Ford Focus in Honolulu, it's nearly impossible to pick a lower cost company.
It's important to compare rates every six months because prices change quite often. Even if you think you had the best deal on Ford Focus insurance in Honolulu at your last renewal the chances are good that you can find a lower premium rate today. Ignore everything you know about car insurance because I'm going to teach you the best way to find better rates and still maintain coverage.
Locating the best rates in Honolulu is much easier if you have a good place to start. If you currently have a car insurance policy, you will be able to find better prices using the concepts covered in this article. Nevertheless, Hawaii car owners must learn the way insurance companies sell online.
Verify you're receiving every discount
Some providers don't always advertise all discounts very well, so the following is a list of some of the more common and the more hidden savings tricks you should be using when you buy Honolulu car insurance online.
- Paper-free Discount - Many insurance companies provide a small discount get Honolulu car insurance online.
- Clubs and Organizations - Joining certain professional organizations may earn a discount when shopping for insurance.
- Safe Driver Discounts - Insureds without accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than drivers with accidents.
- Anti-lock Brakes - Cars that have anti-lock braking systems are much safer to drive and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Federal Government Employee - Active or former government employment may reduce rates when you quote Honolulu car insurance with some insurance companies.
- Full Payment Discount - By making one initial payment as opposed to paying monthly you can avoid the installment charge.
- Telematics Discount - Insureds who allow their insurance company to spy on their driving habits by using a small device installed in their vehicle like Allstate's Drivewise might see lower rates if they have good driving habits.
- More Vehicles More Savings - Drivers who insure primary and secondary vehicles with the same company can get a discount for every vehicle.
We need to note that most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. Even though it may seem like you could get a free insurance policy, you aren't that lucky.
A few of the larger companies and their possible discounts are shown below.
- Farm Bureau discounts include youthful driver, safe driver, multi-policy, renewal discount, driver training, and good student.
- MetLife offers discounts for claim-free, good driver, accident-free, multi-policy, and good student.
- Progressive may include discounts for online signing, continuous coverage, online quote discount, good student, and homeowner.
- AAA offers discounts including multi-car, good student, AAA membership discount, education and occupation, and multi-policy.
- American Family may have discounts that include early bird, air bags, mySafetyValet, defensive driver, TimeAway discount, and Steer into Savings.
- GEICO has savings for seat belt use, air bags, driver training, defensive driver, daytime running lights, and military active duty.
- State Farm may offer discounts for multiple policy, Drive Safe & Save, safe vehicle, good student, Steer Clear safe driver discount, accident-free, and defensive driving training.
If you want low cost Honolulu car insurance quotes, ask each insurance company what discounts are available to you. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be offered on policies everywhere. For a list of providers with the best Ford Focus insurance discounts in Hawaii, click here.
First Step: Get free Ford Focus insurance quotes
The majority of larger companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Progressive give coverage prices from their websites. Doing online price comparisons for Ford Focus insurance in Honolulu doesn't take much effort because it's just a matter of typing in your personal and coverage information into the form. After you submit the form their quoting system collects your driving record and credit report and returns pricing information based on the information you submitted. This makes it simple to compare prices and it's necessary to have as many quotes as possible if you want to find the best car insurance rates.
In order to compare pricing, consider comparing rates from the companies shown below. To compare your current rates, we recommend you input the coverage information as close as possible to your current policy. This helps ensure you are getting rate quotes for exact coverage.
The car insurance companies shown below have been selected to offer quotes in Honolulu, HI. If multiple companies are shown, we suggest you click on several of them to get the best price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Focus S 4-Dr Sedan||$122||$266||$358||$22||$106||$874||$73|
|Focus SE 4-Dr Sedan||$140||$314||$344||$20||$104||$922||$77|
|Focus SEL 4-Dr Sedan||$226||$484||$346||$20||$104||$1,180||$98|
|Focus SES 4-Dr Sedan||$162||$374||$272||$16||$82||$906||$76|
|Focus SE 2-Dr Coupe||$200||$468||$362||$22||$108||$1,160||$97|
|Focus SES 2-Dr Coupe||$228||$484||$300||$18||$90||$1,120||$93|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Hawaii minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, claim-free, multi-policy, and safe-driver. Premium amounts do not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can affect coverage rates considerably.
Careless driving habits raise Honolulu car insurance rates
The chart below shows how speeding tickets and at-fault collisions can increase Ford Focus premium costs for different ages of insureds. Data assumes a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
Which is the best auto insurance?
When selecting coverage online or from an agent for your vehicles, there really is no one-size-fits-all type of policy. Your needs are not the same as everyone else's.
For instance, these questions could help you determine whether you may require specific advice.
- Do I need special endorsements for business use of my vehicle?
- Do they offer discounts for home and auto coverage?
- Should I rate my vehicle as business use?
- I have a DUI can I still get coverage?
- Is business property covered if stolen from my car?
- What are the financial responsibility laws in my state?
- How much coverage applies to personal belongings?
- Am I getting all the discounts available?
- Am I covered when driving a rental car?
If you can't answer these questions but you know they apply to you then you might want to talk to an agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form.
Insurance agents are trained to help
Some people would rather get advice from a local agent and there is nothing wrong with that. An additional benefit of getting free rate quotes online is that you can obtain lower rates but still work with a licensed agent.
After filling out this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is submitted to local insurance agents that can provide free Honolulu car insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no need to leave your house due to the fact that quote results will go to the email address you provide. You can find lower rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If you wish to get a price quote from one company in particular, feel free to go to their quote page and fill out their quote form.
Finding the right insurance company is decision based upon more than just a low price. Some important questions to ask are:
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- Is there a local claims center in Honolulu?
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- Does their agency support local causes in Honolulu?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Honolulu?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
Cheaper auto insurance rates are possible
Cheap Ford Focus insurance in Honolulu can be found from both online companies in addition to many Honolulu insurance agents, so you need to shop Honolulu car insurance with both to have the best chance of lowering rates. There are still a few companies who do not provide online price quotes and usually these small insurance companies only sell coverage through independent agents.
People switch companies for any number of reasons including policy cancellation, extreme rates for teen drivers, lack of trust in their agent and delays in responding to claim requests. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding the right auto insurance provider is not as hard as you think.
When getting Honolulu car insurance quotes online, it's very important that you do not skimp on coverage in order to save money. There have been many situations where drivers have reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits and found out when filing a claim that the savings was not a smart move. Your aim should be to buy the best coverage you can find at the best price while not skimping on critical coverages.
Additional information is available on the following sites: