Are you doing reasearch to find more affordable Hyundai Equus insurance in Honolulu? Buying insurance online may appear to be difficult at first if you haven't ever compared insurance using rate quotes online. But don't surrender to high rates because finding lower rates for Hyundai Equus insurance in Honolulu is actually fairly simple.
A recent insurance study discovered that the vast majority of consumers have bought insurance from the same company for at least four years, and practically 40% of insurance customers have never quoted rates to find cheaper coverage. Most drivers in the United States can save hundreds of dollars each year just by comparing rates, but they don't want to spend time to find cheaper rates by getting comparison quotes.
It's a good idea to quote other rates occasionally since prices tend to go up over time. Even if you got the best deal on Hyundai Equus insurance in Honolulu a year ago you will most likely find a better rate today. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about insurance because you're about to learn how to quote online to properly buy coverages while reducing your premium.
If you have coverage now, you will be able to cut your premiums using this strategy. These techniques will familiarize you with the best way to quote coverages and how to save the most money. Nevertheless, Hawaii consumers can benefit from knowing how the larger insurance companies determine premium rates.
Best companies for Hyundai Equus insurance
The auto insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide price quotes in Honolulu, HI. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you click on several of them to find the lowest auto insurance rates.
Get Lower-cost Car Insurance with These Tips
A large part of saving on car insurance is knowing the factors that aid in calculating the level of your policy premiums. When you know what positively or negatively positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this helps enable you to make changes that could help you find cheaper rates. Lots of things are used in the calculation when premium rates are determined. Most are fairly basic such as traffic violations, but some are less apparent like where you live or your financial responsibility.
The itemized list below are some of the items car insurance companies consider when setting your rate level.
- More stress means more cost - Did you know your car insurance rates can be affected by your occupation? Jobs such as judges, police officers, and miners generally pay higher premium rates in part from high stress levels and lots of time spent at work. Other occupations like professors, engineers and homemakers pay lower than average rates.
- Safer cars cost less to insure - Safer cars can get you lower premiums. The safest vehicles have better occupant injury protection and fewer injuries means lower claim amounts and more competitive rates for policyholders. If your Hyundai is rated at a minimum an "acceptable" rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website it is probably cheaper to insure.
- Females tend to cost less - Statistics have proven that women are safer drivers than men. However, this does not mean women are BETTER drivers than men. They both tend to get into fender benders at about the same rate, but guys cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Men also tend to receive more major tickets like driving under the influence (DUI). Young men ages 16 to 20 cause the most accidents so they pay the highest premiums.
- Raise comp and collision deductibles and save - Comp and collision deductibles define how much you are willing to pay if a claim is determined to be covered. Physical damage protection, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, is used to repair damage to your car. Examples of covered claims are rearending another vehicle, animal collisions, and damage from wind. The more damage repair cost you're willing to pay, the lower your rates will be.
- Maintain car insurance coverage - Allowing your coverage to lapse will be a sure-fire way to increase your rates. Not only will you pay higher rates, not being able to provide proof of insurance could result in a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license. You could then be forced to file a SR-22 with the Hawaii motor vehicle department.
- Experienced drivers pay less - Drivers with little experience are proven to be inattentive and easily distracted behind the wheel and because of this, their car insurance rates are much higher. More mature drivers are proven to be safer behind the wheel, statistically cause fewer accidents, and get fewer tickets.
- Loss statistics for a Hyundai Equus - Insurers analyze historical claim data to calculate a price that will offset losses. Models that are shown to have higher claim amounts or frequency will have a higher premium rate.
The data below shows the insurance loss data used by companies for Hyundai Equus vehicles. For each policy coverage, the loss probablilty for all vehicles, regardless of make, model or trim level, is considered to be 100. Values that are 100 or less represent a good loss history, while values that are above 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or tendancy to have larger claims.
Hyundai Equus Insurance Claim Statistics
Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Hyundai Equus 4dr 155 83 225 85
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Lower rates by qualifying for discounts
Car insurance companies don't necessarily list the entire discount list very well, so we break down some of the more common and the harder-to-find car insurance savings.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage - This isn't a discount exactly, but a few companies such as GEICO, Allstate and Liberty Mutual allow you one accident before raising your premiums so long as you are claim-free before the accident.
- Claim Free - Drivers with accident-free driving histories pay less in comparison to frequent claim filers.
- Club Memberships - Being in certain professional organizations could earn you a nice discount on your bill.
- Federal Government Employee - Having worked for a branch of the government could qualify for a slight premium decrease with some car insurance companies.
- Good Students Pay Less - A discount for being a good student may save as much as 25% on a Honolulu auto insurance quote. The good student discount can last up until you turn 25.
- Anti-theft Discount - Cars optioned with advanced anti-theft systems help deter theft and earn discounts up to 10% off your Honolulu auto insurance quote.
- Cautious Driver Discount - Drivers who avoid accidents can pay as much as 50% less as compared to drivers with claims.
As a footnote on discounts, most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. Just because it seems like you could get a free car insurance policy, car insurance companies aren't that generous.
To see a list of providers who offer cheap Hyundai Equus insurance quotes in Honolulu in Honolulu, click this link.
Compare rates but work with a local Honolulu insurance agent
Some people just prefer to sit down with an agent and that is a smart decision A good thing about comparing rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get lower rates but still work with a licensed agent. And supporting neighborhood agents is especially important in Honolulu.
By using this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is sent to participating agents in Honolulu who can give free rate quotes for your coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to contact any agents because prices are sent instantly to you. You can find the lowest rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If you have a need to get a comparison quote from a specific company, just go to their quote page and fill out their quote form.
If you prefer to buy car insurance from a reliable agent, you should know the different agency structures and how they are slightly different. Agencies in Honolulu can be categorized as either independent or exclusive.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
These agents do not sell for just one brand so as a result can place your coverage through lots of different companies and get you the best rates possible. If your agent finds better pricing, they simply move the coverage in-house and you don't have to find a new agent. When comparing rates, you definitely need to contact several independent insurance agents to get the most accurate price comparison. A lot of them also have access to small regional insurance companies which may have better rates.
Shown below is a partial list of independent insurance agents in Honolulu who may be able to give you free car insurance rate quotes.
- Insurance Associates, Inc.
800 Bethel St # 200 - Honolulu, HI 96813 - (808) 538-6938 - View Map
- Rosten Y Tsuha Insurance Agency Inc
1350 S King St #303 - Honolulu, HI 96814 - (808) 591-5545 - View Map
- John H Connors Insurance
500 Ala Moana Blvd # 2303 - Honolulu, HI 96813 - (808) 534-7300 - View Map
These agents normally can only provide a single company's rates and examples are AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents are unable to compare other company's rates so you need to shop around if the rates are high. They are trained well on what they offer which helps them sell on service rather than price. Many people purchase coverage from exclusives partially due to the brand and strong financial ratings.
Below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Honolulu who can help you get price quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Ricky N. Bonilla
2024 N King St #101b - Honolulu, HI 96819 - (808) 842-5844 - View Map
- Farmers Insurance Hawaii
Six Waterfront Plaza 3rd Floor, 500 Ala Moana Blvd - Honolulu, HI 96813 - (808) 533-2444 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Boyd Kauhane
1682 Kalakaua Ave #1 - Honolulu, HI 96826 - (808) 638-3673 - View Map
Selecting an car insurance agent requires you to look at more than just the price. Any good agent in Honolulu should know the answers to these questions.
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
- Are they in the agency full-time?
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
Don't give up on affordable premiums
Lower-priced Hyundai Equus insurance in Honolulu can be found from both online companies and from local agencies, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance providers don't offer online quoting and many times these smaller providers prefer to sell through independent insurance agents.
In this article, we presented quite a bit of information on how to reduce Hyundai Equus insurance prices online in Honolulu. The most important thing to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the better likelihood of getting affordable Honolulu auto insurance quotes. You may even find the lowest priced auto insurance comes from a small local company.
Insureds change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including questionable increases in premium, policy non-renewal, not issuing a premium refund and high prices. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding a new company is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.