Would you like to stop overpaying and find cheaper Kia Rio insurance in Honolulu? Finding better insurance prices for a new or used Kia Rio in Hawaii can be an all-consuming task, but you can use our car insurance buying tips to find lower rates.
There is a better way to compare car insurance rates and we'll show you the proper way to get price quotes for your Kia and locate the cheapest rates from Honolulu insurance agents and online providers.
It's a good idea to quote other rates before your next renewal since insurance prices change quite often. Even if you got the lowest rates on Kia Rio insurance in Honolulu six months ago you can probably find a better premium rate now. Forget all the misinformation about car insurance because it's time to teach you the best methods to find lower rates on car insurance.
If you already have coverage or just want cheaper coverage, take advantage of these tips to find the best rates without sacrificing coverage. Comparison shopping for the best-priced car insurance in Honolulu can be fairly easy. Drivers just need to know the quickest way to compare rate quotes instantly.
Kia Rio insurance quotes comparison
Getting more affordable insurance pricing is a great way to save money. The only requirement is to take time comparing free Honolulu auto insurance quotes online with multiple companies.
The car insurance companies shown below provide free rate quotes in Hawaii. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you visit several of them in order to find the most competitive rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Hawaii minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, claim-free, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and safe-driver. Price estimates do not factor in Honolulu location which can change rates substantially.
How violations and accidents impact rates
The example below highlights how traffic violations and at-fault fender-benders can impact Kia Rio auto insurance rates for each age group. Data assumes a married male driver, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Difference between liability only and full coverage rates
The diagram below examines Kia Rio insurance rates with full coverage compared to only the Hawaii minimum liability coverage. The rate quotes are based on no claims, a clean driving record, $500 deductibles, single female driver, and no other discounts are factored in.
Guidelines for eliminating full coverage
There is no set rule of when to exclude full coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can use. If the annual cost of having full coverage is more than 10% of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
For example, let's pretend your Kia Rio replacement cost is $8,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most you would receive is $7,000 after the deductible is paid. If premium cost is more than $700 a year for comprehensive and collision coverage, then it's probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
There are some circumstances where removing full coverage is not advised. If you haven't satisfied your loan, you must maintain physical damage coverage in order to satisfy the requirements of the loan. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should not eliminate full coverage.
Get cheaper Kia Rio insurance in Honolulu with discounts
Some insurance providers don't always publicize every available discount very clearly, so the list below gives a summary of a few of the more common as well as the least known discounts that you may qualify for. If you do not check that you are getting every discount possible, you could be saving more on your car insurance.
- Senior Citizen Rates - If you qualify as a senior citizen, you could receive a small discount on rates.
- Savings for New Vehicles - Putting coverage on a new Rio can be considerably cheaper since newer vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Data Collection Discounts - Policyholders that allow companies to track where and when they drive through the use of a telematics system such as Allstate's Drivewise and State Farm's In-Drive system may see discounts if they are good drivers.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives - Requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) off the medical payments premium.
- Multiple Cars - Buying a policy with multiple cars on a single policy qualifies for this discount.
- Theft Deterrent Discount - Cars and trucks equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
While discounts sound great, it's important to understand that most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. Most only cut individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. Just because it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, it's just not the way it works.
If you would like to choose from a list of providers that have a full spectrum of discounts in Hawaii, click here.
Buying the right Kia Rio insurance in Hawaii is an important decision
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in Honolulu, insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
- Just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means the state requires a minimum amount of liability if you want to drive legally. In Hawaii these limits are 20/40/10 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Kia, most banks will make it a condition of the loan that you have insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender will be forced to insure your Kia at a significantly higher premium and require you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance preserves both your vehicle and your assets. It also can pay for many types of medical costs for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of insuring your Rio are definitely more than the cost, especially when you need to use it. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver overpays as much as $810 a year so it's recommended you shop around at every renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Insurance can get complicated
Always keep in mind that when comparing proper insurance coverage for your vehicles, there is no "best" method to buy coverage. Every situation is different so your insurance needs to address that. For example, these questions might point out whether you might need an agent's assistance.
- Do I really need UM/UIM coverage?
- Am I covered when driving someone else's vehicle?
- Why is insurance for a teen driver so high in Honolulu?
- Why do I need rental car insurance?
- Can I rent a car in Mexico?
- When can I cancel my policy?
If you can't answer these questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. If you don't have a local agent, complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It's fast, doesn't cost anything and can provide invaluable advice.
Buying insurance from Honolulu car insurance agents
Certain consumers prefer to have an agent's advice and that is recommended in a lot of cases Good agents can help you build your policy and help in the event of a claim. An additional benefit of getting online price quotes is you can get cheap rate quotes and still buy from a local agent. And buying from small agencies is still important in Honolulu.
By using this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is emailed to local insurance agents who will give you bids for your insurance coverage. You won't need to find an agent on your own due to the fact that quote results will go directly to your email. If you wish to get a price quote from one company in particular, just jump over to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Pick the best auto insurance agent in Honolulu for you
If you would like to find local Honolulu agents, it's helpful to know the different types of agents to choose from. Honolulu agents can either be exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Both do a good job, but it is important to understand the difference in the companies they write for since it may influence buying decisions.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agencies are not employed by any specific company so they have the ability to put coverage amongst many companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If premiums increase, they simply switch companies in-house and you don't have to switch agencies. When comparison shopping, you will definitely want to compare prices from several independent insurance agents to maximize your price options. Many can place coverage with additional companies that you may not be familiar with that many times have cheaper rates.
Below is a list of independent insurance agents in Honolulu that may be able to provide free insurance rate quotes.
- Dongbu Insurance
1440 Kapiolani Blvd # 950 - Honolulu, HI 96814 - (808) 942-5353 - View Map
- Royal State National Insurance Company
819 S Beretania St - Honolulu, HI 96813 - (808) 539-1600 - View Map
- John H Connors Insurance
500 Ala Moana Blvd # 2303 - Honolulu, HI 96813 - (808) 534-7300 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive work for only one company and examples are State Farm, Allstate and AAA. They usually cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so they really need to provide good service. These agents are usually well trained on the products they sell and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Some insured continue to buy from exclusive agents mainly due to the brand legacy and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Honolulu who can help you get price quotes.
- Larry Welsch - State Farm Insurance Agent
1575 S Beretania St Ste 203 - Honolulu, HI 96826 - (808) 944-3450 - View Map
- Ryan Miyashita - State Farm Insurance Agent
1580 Makaloa St #102 - Honolulu, HI 96814 - (808) 945-0802 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Erick Ellgren
1806 S King St Ste 32 - Honolulu, HI 96826 - (808) 941-2886 - View Map
Deciding on an insurance agent should include more criteria than just a cheap quote. These are valid questions to ask:
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
- When do they do a full risk review?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
- Is coverage determined by price?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- Is the agency active in community causes in Honolulu?