There isn't anyone who looks forward to buying car insurance, particularly when they are paying too much.
It's amazing but a large majority of car insurance policyholders kept their policy with the same company for at least four years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never compared rates with other companies. Many consumers in Honolulu could save approximately $360 a year just by comparing rates, but they don't believe the benefits if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one. Since consumers have many companies and agents to choose from, it is hard for the average consumer to find the cheapest car insurance provider.
How much is Lincoln MKT insurance in Honolulu, HI?
The following companies provide price quotes in Honolulu, HI. If multiple providers are shown, we suggest you visit as many as you can to find the most affordable auto insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|MKT 3.7 2WD||$190||$302||$308||$18||$92||$910||$76|
|MKT 3.7 AWD||$150||$288||$338||$20||$102||$898||$75|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Hawaii minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, safe-driver, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and claim-free. Estimates do not factor in vehicle garaging location which can impact insurance rates significantly.
Policy deductible comparison
The illustration below demonstrates how deductible levels and can raise or lower Lincoln MKT insurance rates for different insured age categories. The rate quotes are based on a married male driver, full physical damage coverage, and no other discounts are factored in.
Comparison of car insurance rates by age and gender
The information below shows the difference between Lincoln MKT insurance prices for male and female drivers. Data assumes no claims or driving citations, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no policy discounts are applied.
Best reasons to buy insurance in Hawaii
Despite the high insurance cost for a Lincoln MKT in Honolulu, paying for insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- Almost all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific minimum amounts of liability insurance in order to drive the car legally. In Hawaii these limits are 20/40/10 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Lincoln, most banks will make it a condition of the loan that you have physical damage coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the bank may insure your Lincoln at a much higher premium rate and make you pay for the expensive policy.
- Insurance protects both your assets and your Lincoln. It will also pay for most medical and hospital costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability insurance will also pay attorney fees if you cause an accident and are sued. If your Lincoln gets damaged, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of buying insurance more than offset the price you pay, particularly when you have a large claim. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver overpays as much as $800 each year so compare rates once a year at a minimum to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Car insurance policy discounts you can't miss
Car insurance is not inexpensive, but you can get discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Some discounts apply automatically at the time of quoting, but a few must be inquired about in order for you to get them.
- Use Seat Belts - Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to buckle up before driving can save up to 15% on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings - Low annual miles could earn substantially lower rates.
- Early Signing - Some companies reward drivers for switching companies prior to the expiration date on your current MKT insurance policy. This can save 10% or more.
- Theft Deterrent Discount - Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices help deter theft and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Policy Bundle Discount - When you combine your auto and home insurance with the same company you may save 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Student Driver Training - Teen drivers should enroll in driver's education in school.
- Safety Course Discount - Taking time to complete a driver safety course could earn you a small percentage discount if your company offers it.
While discounts sound great, it's important to understand that some credits don't apply the the whole policy. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. If you do the math and it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, that's just not realistic.
A list of car insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts include:
- Progressive offers discounts including multi-policy, continuous coverage, online signing, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and good student.
- SAFECO may have discounts that include homeowner, drive less, bundle discounts, teen safe driver, anti-lock brakes, and accident prevention training.
- American Family policyholders can earn discounts including multi-vehicle, good student, bundled insurance, mySafetyValet, Steer into Savings, accident-free, and air bags.
- MetLife has savings for accident-free, defensive driver, good student, multi-policy, and claim-free.
- GEICO offers discounts for daytime running lights, anti-lock brakes, multi-policy, seat belt use, defensive driver, and good student.
- The Hartford discounts include defensive driver, good student, bundle, anti-theft, vehicle fuel type, and driver training.
Before buying, ask each company or agent the best way to save money. Some discounts listed above might not be available to policyholders in your state.
When should I discuss my situation with an agent?
When choosing adequate coverage for your vehicles, there is no best way to insure your cars. Everyone's needs are different and a cookie cutter policy won't apply. These are some specific questions may help you determine if you might need professional guidance.
- Can I get a multi-policy discount?
- Are rock chip repairs covered?
- Does my personal policy cover me when driving out-of-state?
- Am I covered when driving on a suspended license?
- Do I need to call my car insurance company before buying a new car?
- Is there coverage for my trailer?
- Who does medical payments coverage extend to?
- How do I insure my teen driver?
- Why do I only qualify for high-risk insurance?
- How can I find cheaper teen driver insurance?
If you can't answer these questions, you might consider talking to an agent. If you don't have a local agent, complete this form or click here for a list of car insurance companies in your area. It's fast, free and can help protect your family.
Can't I compare rates from local Honolulu insurance agencies?
A lot of people would rather sit down and talk to an agent and that is not a bad decision Licensed agents will help you protect your assets and give you someone to call. The biggest benefit of getting online price quotes is the fact that drivers can get the best rates but still work with a licensed agent. Putting coverage with local agencies is important especially in Honolulu.
Once you complete this quick form, your coverage information is transmitted to local insurance agents in Honolulu who will give you bids for your car insurance coverage. You don't have to contact any insurance agencies because prices are sent to you. If you wish to get a rate quote from a specific insurance company, just go to their quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Two types of car insurance agents
If you're trying to find a reliable insurance agency, you should know the types of insurance agents that you can choose from. Agents may be either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Both can sell affordable car insurance policies, but it's a good idea to understand the subtle differences because it may have an impact on your selection of an agent.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents of this type often have many company appointments so as a result can place your coverage through lots of different companies and find the cheapest car insurance rates. If your agent finds better pricing, your agent can just switch to a different company and you don't have to find a new agent. If you need lower rates, we highly recommend that you compare quotes from multiple independent agents to have the best price comparison.
Below are independent insurance agents in Honolulu that can give you comparison quotes.
Agents of this type can only quote rates from one company and some examples include American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot shop your coverage around so keep that in mind. They are usually well trained on their products and sales techniques which helps them sell on service rather than price.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Honolulu willing to provide rate quotes.
Picking an insurance agent is decision based upon more than just a cheap quote. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- Can you contact them at any time?
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
Information about specific coverages
Knowing the specifics of your insurance policy helps when choosing appropriate coverage and the correct deductibles and limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be impossible to understand and coverage can change by endorsement. These are the normal coverages found on most insurance policies.
Collision - Collision insurance covers damage to your MKT resulting from a collision with an object or car. You have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision can pay for claims such as driving through your garage door, hitting a parking meter, scraping a guard rail, backing into a parked car and sustaining damage from a pot hole. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider removing coverage from lower value vehicles. Drivers also have the option to raise the deductible on your MKT to bring the cost down.
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers - This protects you and your vehicle from other motorists when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered losses include hospital bills for your injuries and damage to your Lincoln MKT.
Due to the fact that many Hawaii drivers have only the minimum liability required by law (which is 20/40/10), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages should not be overlooked. Frequently these coverages do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision) - Comprehensive insurance will pay to fix damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You need to pay your deductible first then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims such as fire damage, a tree branch falling on your vehicle, theft and hail damage. The highest amount you'll receive from a claim is the actual cash value, so if it's not worth much more than your deductible consider dropping full coverage.
Liability car insurance - This can cover damage or injury you incur to people or other property that is your fault. This insurance protects YOU against claims from other people. Liability doesn't cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You commonly see policy limits of 20/40/10 which means a limit of $20,000 per injured person, a per accident bodily injury limit of $40,000, and a limit of $10,000 paid for damaged property. Alternatively, you may have a combined limit which limits claims to one amount rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability coverage protects against claims such as emergency aid, court costs and medical services. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a decision to put some thought into, but you should buy higher limits if possible. Hawaii requires drivers to carry at least 20/40/10 but drivers should carry more coverage.
Medical expense insurance - Med pay and PIP coverage reimburse you for short-term medical expenses such as nursing services, EMT expenses, dental work and funeral costs. They can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance program or if there is no health insurance coverage. They cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and also covers getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is not available in all states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
More effort can pay off
As you quote Honolulu auto insurance, make sure you don't buy less coverage just to save a little money. In many instances, consumers will sacrifice uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret at claim time that they should have had better coverage. Your goal should be to buy a smart amount of coverage for the lowest price while not skimping on critical coverages.
A few companies don't offer rate quotes online and usually these regional insurance providers prefer to sell through independent insurance agents. Budget-friendly car insurance in Honolulu can be found online as well as from independent agents in Honolulu, and you need to price shop both to have the best chance of lowering rates.
In this article, we covered quite a bit of information on how to lower your Lincoln MKT insurance premium rates in Honolulu. It's most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Drivers may even discover the most savings is with the least-expected company. Regional companies often have lower prices on specific markets compared to the large companies like State Farm and Allstate.
More tips and info about car insurance is located in these articles: