How many times have you said it's time to compare cheaper auto insurance rates in Honolulu, HI? Honolulu shoppers have options when shopping for affordable Nissan Leaf insurance. They can either spend hours calling around to compare prices or leverage the internet to compare rates.
There is a better way to buy auto insurance and we'll show you the proper way to get price quotes on a Nissan and get the lowest price from Honolulu insurance agents and online providers.
Low-cost car insurance in Honolulu, HI
The companies shown below can provide free quotes in Hawaii. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit two to three different companies in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Discounts for lower-cost insurance quotes
Companies that sell car insurance do not list all available discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the following list contains a few of the more well known and also the lesser-known discounts that may be available.
- Bundle and Save - If you can bundle your home and auto insurance and insure them both with the same insurance company you could save up to 20% off your total Leaf insurance premium.
- Theft Prevention System - Cars and trucks optioned with advanced anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently so companies will give you a small discount.
- Drivers Education - Have your child complete a driver education course as it can save substantially.
- Passive Restraint Discount - Cars that have air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can get savings of 25 to 30%.
- Full Payment Discount - If you pay your bill all at once instead of making monthly payments you could save up to 5%.
- No Charge for an Accident - Not really a discount, but some companies like GEICO, Allstate and Liberty Mutual will forgive one accident without the usual rate increase if you have no claims for a set time period.
- Discount for Swiching Early - A few companies allow discounts for switching policies prior to your current Leaf insurance policy expiration. It could save around 10% when you buy Honolulu car insurance online.
- Onboard Data Collection - Insureds that choose to allow their company to track vehicle usage through the use of a telematics system such as State Farm's In-Drive may see discounts if they show good driving skills.
Discounts save money, but please remember that some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. Despite the fact that it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it doesn't quite work that way.
Auto insurance companies that have these money-saving discounts possibly include:
Before you buy a policy, ask all the companies which discounts you qualify for. Depending on the company, some discounts might not be available to policyholders in every state. For a list of companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in Honolulu, click this link.
You Can Change Your Insurance Costs
The best way to find cheaper auto insurance is to take a look at some of the elements that aid in calculating your auto insurance rates. When consumers understand what impacts premium levels, this enables informed choices that may result in lower rates.
Listed below are a few of the things companies use to determine your rate level.
- Insurance companies don't like frequent auto insurance claims - Car insurance companies in Hawaii provide discounts to insureds who are claim-free. If you file claims often, you can pretty much guarantee either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Your car insurance is intended for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- Marriage can save on auto insurance - Your spouse can get you a discount on auto insurance. Having a spouse translates into being more responsible it has been statistically shown that married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
- High credit scores equal low prices - A driver's credit history is a big factor in determining what you pay for auto insurance. Insureds that have high credit ratings tend to be more responsible than those with poor credit scores. If your credit is lower than you'd like, you may save money insuring your Nissan Leaf by repairing your credit.
- Deter vehicle theft - Driving a car with a theft deterrent system can save you some money. Anti-theft features such as tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar all help stop auto theft.
- Extra coverages push up prices - There are quite a few additional coverages you can purchase on your auto insurance policy. Add-on coverages like rental car coverage, death and dismemberment, and additional equipment coverage are some examples. The coverages may be enticing when buying your policy, but your needs may have changed so remove them and pocket the money.
- Location can modify price - Living in less populated areas can save you money when shopping for auto insurance. Fewer drivers and short commutes means a lower chance of having an accident and lower theft and vandalism rates. Drivers in populated Hawaii areas tend to have much more traffic and longer commute times. More time on the road means a statistically higher chance of an accident.
- Do safer cars cost less to insure? - Safer cars tend to have lower insurance rates. These vehicles reduce injuries and any reduction in injury severity means less money paid by your insurance company and lower rates for you. If your Nissan Leaf is rated at least four stars on Safercar.gov it may cost less to insure.
- Nissan Leaf insurance claim data - Insurers factor in historical loss data when setting premium rates. Vehicles that have a trend towards higher claims will have increased rates. The data below shows the collected loss data for Nissan Leaf vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the claim probability for all vehicles, as a total average, equals 100. Numbers below 100 imply a favorable loss record, while percentages above 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or a tendancy for claims to be larger.
Auto Insurance Loss Data for Nissan Leaf Models
Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Nissan Leaf Electric 89 84 45 83 64 76
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Situations that may require an agent's advice
When quoting and comparing insurance from an agent or online for your vehicles, there really is not a one size fits all plan. Your situation is unique and your auto insurance should unique, too. Here are some questions about coverages that could help you determine whether your personal situation would benefit from an agent's advice.
- When should I not file a claim?
- Why do I only qualify for high-risk insurance?
- Is a blown tire covered by insurance?
- Are my tools covered if they get stolen from my vehicle?
- Am I getting all the discounts available?
- Is my Nissan Leaf covered for smoke damage?
- Why am I be forced to buy a membership to get insurance from some companies?
- Am I covered if I wreck a rental car?
- Am I covered if hit by an uninsured driver?
If you can't answer these questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with an agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or click here for a list of auto insurance companies in your area. It only takes a few minutes and may give you better protection.
Insurance agent or online?
Certain consumers prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and doing that can be a smart decision Experienced insurance agents are trained risk managers and help in the event of a claim. One of the great benefits of comparing rates online is that drivers can save money and get better rates and still choose a local agent. Supporting neighborhood insurance agencies is important particularly in Honolulu.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this short form, your insurance data is submitted to agents in your area who will give you quotes to get your business. You don't have to contact an agency as quotes are delivered directly to you. In the event you want to get a price quote for a specific company, you just need to search and find their rate quote page and complete a quote there.
If you prefer to buy auto insurance from a reliable agent, there are a couple of types of agencies and how they can quote your rates. Insurance agencies in Honolulu may be either exclusive or independent. Both can handle auto insurance, but it's worth learning the subtle differences since it could factor into the type of agent you choose.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
Independent agencies often have affiliation with several companies and that allows them to write policies amongst many companies and find the cheapest rate. If you want to switch companies, they simply move your policy to a different company and you can keep the same agent. If you need cheaper auto insurance rates, we recommend you get insurance quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to ensure the widest selection of prices. Many independent agencies also insure through small mutual carriers which may provide better rates.
The following is a list of independent insurance agents in Honolulu who may be able to give you free price quotes.
- Cornerstones Financial and Insurance Agency
250 Ward Ave #220 - Honolulu, HI 96814 - (808) 626-5068 - View Map
- Rosten Y Tsuha Insurance Agency Inc
1350 S King St #303 - Honolulu, HI 96814 - (808) 591-5545 - View Map
- Anita Butay Diniega
1088 Bishop St #2210 - Honolulu, HI 96813 - (808) 841-5915 - View Map
Exclusive insurance agents work for only one company and examples are Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. These agents are not able to provide rate quotes from other companies so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agents are well schooled on the products they sell which can be an advantage. Consumers often buy from the same agent for years primarily because of the brand name rather than having the cheapest rates.
Listed below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Honolulu who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Wil Chang - State Farm Insurance Agent
6700 Kalanianaole Hwy #204 - Honolulu, HI 96825 - (808) 395-5433 - View Map
- State Farm Insurance: Shelli Toguchi-Hadley
4510 Salt Lake Boulevard Unit D15 - Honolulu, HI 96818 - (808) 486-1111 - View Map
- Kevin Takahashi - State Farm Insurance Agent
1284 Kalani St d108 - Honolulu, HI 96817 - (808) 845-0069 - View Map
Choosing the best auto insurance agent shouldn't rely on just a cheap price quote. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
After you get good feedback to these questions as well as a price you're happy with, you've probably found an insurance agency that will insure your vehicles.
Is there deception in advertising?
Consumers constantly see and hear ads that claim the cheapest rates by Allstate, GEICO and Progressive. They all seem to seem to make the promise about saving some big amount just by moving your policy.
How does each company make almost identical claims?
Insurance companies give the best rates for a prospective insured that will most likely be profitable. An example of a profitable insured may need to be over the age of 45, has no prior claims, and has great credit. A driver that hits that "sweet spot" will get low premium rates and most likely will save quite a bit of money when switching.
Potential insureds who fall short of the ideal profile will have to pay a higher premium and the customer buying from someone else. The wording the ads use say "customers that switch" but not "all drivers who get quotes" save money. That's why companies can truthfully advertise the savings.
Because each company has a different risk profile, it's extremely important to get a wide range of price quotes. It is impossible to guess the company that will give you the biggest savings.
A little work can save a LOT of money
We've covered a lot of techniques to lower your Nissan Leaf insurance car insurance rates in Honolulu. The most important thing to understand is the more times you quote, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even discover the lowest priced insurance comes from some of the smallest insurance companies. They may cover specific market segments cheaper than their larger competitors like Progressive or GEICO.
When searching for affordable Honolulu car insurance quotes, it's very important that you do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are many occasions where someone dropped physical damage coverage and discovered at claim time that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Even more information is located by following these links: