Are you tired of trying to find cheaper Hyundai Azera insurance in Honolulu? Think you have high-priced Hyundai Azera insurance in Honolulu? Believe me, many Honolulu drivers feel the same as you.
A recent study showed that most auto insurance customers renewed their policy with the same company for at least the last four years, and almost half have never even compared rates from other companies. Consumers in Honolulu could save themselves roughly $356 a year just by comparing rates, but they feel it's too difficult to compare other rate quotes. Online insurance companies like Allstate, Progressive and GEICO constantly bombard you with TV and radio ads and it can be hard to ignore the flashy ads and take the time to shop coverage around.
It's a good habit to price shop coverage as often as possible because prices are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Despite the fact that you may have had the best rates on Hyundai Azera insurance in Honolulu six months ago other companies may now be cheaper. Ignore everything you know about auto insurance because it's time to teach you how to use the internet to remove unneeded coverages and save money.
Why You Might Pay Inflated Rates in Honolulu
Many different elements are part of the equation when you quote your car insurance policy. Some are obvious like an MVR report, but others are not quite as obvious such as your credit history or how financially stable you are. An important part of buying insurance is that you know a few of the rating criteria that aid in calculating auto insurance rates. If you understand what determines base rates, this helps enable you to make changes that will entitle you to lower premium levels.
- Premiums are affected by your credit history - Your credit score is likely to be a major factor in determining what you pay for auto insurance. If your credit history is low, you could save money insuring your Hyundai Azera by repairing your credit. Consumers who have high credit ratings tend to file fewer claims than drivers with worse credit.
- Do you save by driving less? - Driving a lot of miles annually the higher your rates will be. A lot of insurance companies charge rates based upon how you use the vehicle. Vehicles that are left in the garage receive better premium rates than vehicles that have high annual mileage. A policy that improperly rates your Azera is throwing money out the window. It's a good idea to make sure your auto insurance policy states how each vehicle is driven, because improper ratings can cost you money.
- Is insurance coverage cheaper for females or males? - The statistics show that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. This data doesn't prove that women are BETTER drivers than men. Females and males get in accidents at a similar rate, but the men have costlier accidents. Men also statistically get ticketed for serious violations such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly.
- Youthful drivers cost more - Older people are shown to be more cautious, tend to file fewer claims, and are generally more financially stable.Drivers with little experience tend to be less responsible behind the wheel and because of this, their auto insurance rates are much higher.
- Hyundai Azera claim statistics - Companies study historical loss data when they file their rates in each state. Vehicles that statistically have high amounts or severity of claims will have higher rates. The next table shows the compiled insurance loss statistics for Hyundai Azera vehicles.
For each coverage category, the claim probability for all vehicles, without regard to make or model, is set at 100. Numbers under 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while numbers above 100 point to more claims or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Hyundai Azera Vehicles
Specific Hyundai Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Hyundai Azera 115 83 101 99 106 91
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
The majority of larger companies such as State Farm, Allstate and GEICO allow consumers to get prices for coverage on their websites. Getting online quotes for Hyundai Azera insurance in Honolulu is quite simple as you simply type in the amount of coverage you want into a form. After the form is submitted, their system orders your driving and credit reports and gives you a price quote based on many factors. This streamlines rate comparisons, and it's also necessary to perform this step if you are searching for the cheapest possible prices on car insurance.
To quickly compare rates now, compare rates from the companies below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you enter the limits and deductibles just like they are on your policy. This guarantees you will have a price comparison based on the exact same insurance coverage.
The companies in the list below are ready to provide price comparisons in Hawaii. If multiple providers are shown, we suggest you visit several of them to get the best price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Azera GLS 4-Dr Sedan||$218||$548||$344||$20||$104||$1,234||$103|
|Azera Limited 4-Dr Sedan||$122||$250||$278||$16||$84||$750||$63|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Hawaii minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and safe-driver. Price information does not factor in specific Honolulu garaging location which can lower or raise coverage prices substantially.
Cautious drivers save money
The example below highlights how speeding tickets and accident claims drive up Hyundai Azera insurance rates for each age group. The premium estimates are based on a married male driver, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
Annual premiums comparing men and women
The illustration below visualizes the comparison of Hyundai Azera yearly insurance costs for male and female drivers. The premiums are based on no claims, a clean driving record, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, marital status is single, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Buyer beware of auto insurance advertising tricks
Consumers can't get away from ads that claim the best car insurance rates by State Farm, Allstate and GEICO. They all seem to seem to make the promise that you can save if you move your coverage to them.
How does every company give you a better price on Hyundai Azera insurance in Honolulu? You have to listen carefully.
Insurance companies give the best rates for the type of driver that will most likely be profitable. An example of a desirable risk might be over age 30, has no prior claims, and the vehicle is rated for pleasure use. Any person that fits those parameters is entitled to the best price and as a result will probably cut their Hyundai Azera insurance rates if they switch.
Insureds who don't meet the ideal profile must pay higher premium rates which results in the customer buying from someone else. If you listen closely, the ads state "customers that switch" but not "all drivers who get quotes" can save as much as they claim. This is how insurance companies can confidently make the claims of big savings.
Because every company is different, drivers must compare price quotes frequently. It is just not possible to predict which auto insurance company will have better rates than you're paying now.
Choosing the best Azera insurance in Hawaii is an important decision
Despite the high cost, paying for insurance serves several important purposes.
First, most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific minimum amount of liability insurance in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Hawaii these limits are 20/40/10 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your vehicle has a lienholder, it's guaranteed your bank will force you to carry insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If the policy lapses, the lender may insure your Hyundai at a significantly higher premium and make you pay for the expensive policy.
Third, insurance protects both your car and your assets. It will also reimburse you for most medical and hospital costs that are the result of an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay to defend you if you are sued as the result of an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially with large liability claims. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer is overpaying more than $850 per year so it's important to compare rates every year to ensure rates are competitive.
Cheaper Hyundai Azera insurance in Honolulu
Car insurance companies don't always publicize every possible discount very well, so the below list has some of the more common and the more hidden car insurance savings. If you don't get every credit available, you're just leaving money on the table.
- Discount for Good Grades - Excelling in school may save you up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you up to age 25.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage - Requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts could cut 10% or more off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Early Signing - A few car insurance companies give discounts for buying a new policy prior to the expiration date on your current Azera insurance policy. This discount can save up to 10%.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured - Buying coverage for primary and secondary vehicles on a single policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Theft Prevention Discount - Cars and trucks with anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts - Vehicles with ABS and/or traction control can stop better under adverse conditions and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Safe Driver Discounts - Safe drivers can save as much as half off their rates than their less cautious counterparts.
- Data Collection Discounts - Drivers that enable their car insurance company to track when and where they use their vehicle by using a telematics device such as Progressive's Snapshot and State Farm's In-Drive could see a rate decrease as long as the data is positive.
- Driver Safety - Taking a course teaching safe driver skills is a good idea and can lower rates and easily recoup the cost of the course.
Discounts lower rates, but most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. Even though it appears having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it's just not the way it works.
A few companies that may offer some of the discounts shown above include:
If you need inexpensive Honolulu auto insurance quotes, ask each company which discounts they offer. Some discounts listed above may not apply to policies in Honolulu.
Buying from insurance agencies
Certain consumers would rather sit down with an agent and that is not a bad decision Insurance agents can answer important questions and will help you if you have claims. A good thing about comparing auto insurance online is you can get lower rates and still have an agent to talk to. Putting coverage with neighborhood insurance agencies is important especially in Honolulu.
Upon completion of this simple form, the coverage information is transmitted to companies in Honolulu who want to provide quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to search for an agent since price quotes are sent to your email. If you need to get a price quote from a specific company, you just need to go to their quote page and complete a quote there.
Exclusive or Independent: There is a difference
If you're trying to find a reputable insurance agent or broker, there are a couple of different types of agents and how they can quote your rates. Insurance agencies in Honolulu are considered either exclusive agents or independent agents. Both can write auto insurance policies, but it's important to point out the subtle differences since it may influence the kind of agent you use.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Agents of this type often have affiliation with several companies so they can insure your vehicles with any number of different companies and get the cheapest rates. If prices rise, the business is moved internally without you having to go to a different agency.
If you are comparing rate quotes, you should always get several quotes from several independent insurance agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare.
Featured below is a list of independent agencies in Honolulu that may be able to give free auto insurance rate quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive have only one company to place business with like Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. They are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agents receive a lot of sales training on the products they sell and that can be a competitive advantage.
Shown below are Honolulu exclusive agents who can help you get price quote information.
Suzette Rudolf Trehern - State Farm Insurance Agent
7192 Kalanianaole Hwy g210 - Honolulu, HI 96825 - (808) 395-3434 - View Map
Selecting an insurance agent should include more criteria than just a low price. Any agent in Honolulu should be willing to answer these questions.
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
- Is coverage determined by price?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- How are claims handled?
- Will one accident increase rates?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
Your insurance coverage should be tailored to you
When choosing the right insurance coverage for your vehicles, there is no best way to insure your cars. Your needs are not the same as everyone else's so your insurance should reflect that These are some specific questions might help in determining whether or not you would benefit from professional advice.
- Am I covered while delivering pizza?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- How do I file an SR-22 for a DUI in Hawaii?
- I have good health insurance, so how much medical payments coverage do I need?
- Is my state a no-fault state?
- What exactly is covered by my policy?
- What is an adequate liability insurance limit?
- Why does it cost so much to insure a teen driver in Honolulu?
If you don't know the answers to these questions then you might want to talk to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form or click here for a list of insurance companies in your area. It only takes a few minutes and can help protect your family.
How much can you save?
Cheaper Hyundai Azera insurance in Honolulu is attainable online in addition to local insurance agencies, so get free Honolulu auto insurance quotes from both of them to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance companies may not offer rates over the internet and most of the time these regional carriers prefer to sell through independent insurance agents.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it's not a good idea to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There have been many cases where an insured dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits and discovered at claim time that it was a big mistake. Your aim should be to find the BEST coverage for the lowest price, but do not skimp to save money.
You just learned a lot of tips how to find affordable Hyundai Azera insurance in Honolulu. The key thing to remember is the more providers you compare, the better your chances of lowering your prices. You may even find the biggest savings come from a smaller regional carrier. They can often provide lower prices in certain areas as compared to the big name companies such as Progressive and GEICO.
For more information, take a look at the resources below: