Want to save money and find cheaper GMC Yukon insurance in Honolulu? Nobody that owns a car fancies paying their premiums for insurance, especially when they are aware that their premiums are too high.
Inconceivable but true, a large majority of drivers have bought insurance from the same company for well over three years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never even shopped around for cheaper coverage. With the average premium in Hawaii being $1,000, drivers could save themselves $360 a year just by getting comparison quotes, but most undervalue the actual amount they would save if they switched to a more affordable policy.
Vehicle owners have so many insurance companies to insure vehicles with, and though it is a good thing to have a selection, lots of choices makes it harder to find the lowest cost provider for GMC Yukon insurance in Honolulu.
Cheap companies for GMC Yukon insurance in Hawaii
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in Hawaii. If several companies are displayed, we recommend you visit two to three different companies in order to find the most affordable rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Yukon SLE 2WD||$256||$424||$358||$22||$106||$1,166||$97|
|Yukon SLE 4WD||$158||$266||$358||$22||$106||$910||$76|
|Yukon SLT 2WD||$234||$378||$272||$16||$82||$982||$82|
|Yukon SLT 4WD||$260||$378||$272||$16||$82||$1,008||$84|
|Yukon Denali 2WD||$200||$346||$254||$16||$76||$892||$74|
|Yukon Denali 4WD||$294||$406||$346||$20||$104||$1,170||$98|
|Yukon Hybrid 2WD||$176||$362||$404||$24||$120||$1,086||$91|
|Yukon Hybrid 4WD||$222||$458||$314||$18||$94||$1,106||$92|
|Yukon Hybrid Denali 2WD||$224||$418||$306||$18||$92||$1,058||$88|
|Yukon Hybrid Denali 4WD||$176||$332||$300||$18||$90||$916||$76|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Hawaii minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, homeowner, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy. Price information does not factor in specific location information which can influence premiums considerably.
Comparison of car insurance rates by age and gender
The illustration below shows the comparison of GMC Yukon yearly insurance costs for male and female drivers. The data is based on a clean driving record, no claims, comprehensive and collision coverage, $500 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are factored in.
Drive responsibly or pay higher rates
The chart below shows how traffic citations and at-fault fender-benders increase GMC Yukon insurance rates for each age group. The premiums assume a married male driver, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
Lower-cost GMC Yukon insurance rates in Honolulu
Some insurers do not list all available discounts very well, so the following list contains a few of the more well known and the more hidden discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Honolulu car insurance online.
- Driver Safety - Taking part in a class that teaches safe driver techniques may get you a small discount if you qualify.
- Discount for Home Ownership - Being a homeowner can get you a discount due to the fact that maintaining a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Distant College Student Discount - Children who attend college more than 100 miles from Honolulu and don't have a car may qualify for this discount.
- Multi-car Discount - Buying a policy with primary and secondary vehicles on one policy can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Senior Citizen Discount - If you're over the age of 55, you may receive lower premium rates.
- Driving Data Discount - Honolulu drivers who agree to allow their insurance company to track when and where they use their vehicle by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive could possibly reduce rates if their driving habits are good.
- Good Grades Discount - Excelling in school could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. The discount lasts up until you turn 25.
Please keep in mind that many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only reduce individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. Just because it seems like it's possible to get free car insurance, companies wouldn't make money that way.
Car insurance companies that may have these benefits include:
Check with each company or agent the best way to save money. Some credits might not apply in Honolulu. To locate insurers that offer discounts in Hawaii, click here to view.
Educated Choices Result in Lower Insurance Premiums
One of the most helpful ways to save on insurance is to to have a grasp of some of the things that play a part in calculating the price you pay for insurance. When consumers understand what impacts premium levels, this allows you to make good choices that could help you find better insurance rates. Lots of things are considered when you get your auto insurance bill. Some are obvious such as traffic violations, but other factors are not as apparent such as whether you are married or your financial responsibility.
Listed below are a few of the "ingredients" used by companies to determine your rate level.
- Traffic violations increase rates - How you drive impacts your car insurance rates tremendously. Careful drivers pay lower auto insurance prices than bad drivers. Getting just one ticket can boost insurance rates by as much as thirty percent. Drivers who have received dangerous violations such as DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may need to submit a SR-22 form with their state DMV in order to prevent a license revocation.
- Are you male or female? - Over time, data shows women are more cautious behind the wheel. However, don't assume that females are better at driving than males. They both are responsible for fender benders in similar percentages, but men have costlier accidents. They also get more serious tickets like DUI and reckless driving.
- Extra coverages may not be needed - There are a lot of extra add-on coverages that you can get tricked into buying but may not be useful. Coverages for rental car coverage, towing coverage, and motor club memberships may be costing you every month. They may seem good initially, but now you might not need them so get rid of them and save.
- Insurance costs are higher for high performance vehicles - The performance of the car or truck you need to insure makes a substantial difference in determining your rates. The cheapest rates are usually for economy passenger cars, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors. Due to the fact that the GMC Yukon is classified as a standard SUV, insurance will be slightly more compared to average rates in Honolulu.
- Insurance losses for a GMC Yukon - Insurance companies use data from past claims to help determine the price you pay. Models that the data determines to have higher number or severity of losses will cost more for specific coverages. The data below shows the compiled insurance loss statistics for GMC Yukon vehicles.
For each insurance policy coverage type, the loss probablilty for all vehicles compiled together equals 100. Numbers under 100 indicate better than average losses, while numbers above 100 point to more frequent losses or larger claims.
Car Insurance Loss Data for GMC Yukon Models
Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury GMC Yukon 4dr 2WD 86 96 112 66 GMC Yukon 4dr 4WD 86 89 117 63 61 69 GMC Yukon XL 1500 4dr 2WD 111 99 137 GMC Yukon XL 1500 4dr 4WD 104 126 128 59
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Exclusive versus independent car insurance agents
Certain consumers still like to sit down with an agent and there is nothing wrong with that. The biggest benefit of comparing rates online is you may find cheaper prices and still choose a local agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this quick form, your insurance data is emailed to local insurance agents in Honolulu that give free quotes to get your business. It's much easier because you don't need to drive around as quotes are delivered immediately to your email address. You can find the lowest rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If for some reason you want to compare prices for a specific company, don't hesitate to find their quoting web page and fill out their quote form.
Selecting an insurer requires more thought than just a cheap price. Before buying a policy in Honolulu, get answers to these questions.
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
- Can you contact them at any time?
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
If you want a reliable insurance agency, you must know there are a couple different agency structures and how they are slightly different. Insurance agents can be classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These type of agents can only provide one company's prices such as State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. These agents are not able to shop your coverage around so keep that in mind. They are well schooled on their company's products which aids in selling service over price.
Listed below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Honolulu that are able to give price quote information.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents of this type do not write with just one company and that enables them to quote your coverage with a variety of different insurance companies and get you the best rates possible. If your premiums go up, your agent can switch companies and you don't have to do anything. If you are comparing rate quotes, we highly recommend that you contact at a minimum one independent agency to maximize your price options.
Below are independent insurance agents in Honolulu who can help you get comparison quotes.
Compare. Compare. Compare.
In this article, we presented a lot of information how to save on GMC Yukon insurance in Honolulu. The most important thing to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the better your chances of lowering your rates. You may even find the biggest savings come from the smaller companies. These smaller insurers may have significantly lower rates on certain market segments than their larger competitors like Progressive or GEICO.
There are still a few companies who don't offer online price quotes and usually these regional insurance providers only sell coverage through independent insurance agencies. Budget-conscious GMC Yukon insurance is available both online as well as from insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best selection.
When getting Honolulu car insurance quotes online, make sure you don't reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are many occasions where drivers have reduced physical damage coverage and discovered at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The aim is to buy a smart amount of coverage at a price you can afford while still protecting your assets.
To learn more, feel free to browse these articles: