Are you tired of trying to find cheaper insurance rates in Honolulu, HI? Honolulu consumers have options when looking for low-cost Toyota 4Runner insurance. You can either spend your time driving around to compare prices or leverage the internet to compare rates.
There is a better way to shop for insurance so you're going to learn the absolute fastest way to get price quotes on a Toyota and get the lowest possible price from Honolulu insurance agents and online providers.
If you have a current car insurance policy or are looking for a new policy, use these techniques to save money and possibly find even better coverage. These tips will teach you the best way to buy inexpensive car insurance and some money-saving tips. Drivers just have to use the fastest way to shop their coverage around online from multiple companies.
How to buy Honolulu Toyota 4Runner insurance online
The companies in the list below provide price comparisons in Honolulu, HI. If multiple companies are shown, we recommend you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|4Runner Sport 2WD||$162||$178||$294||$18||$88||$740||$62|
|4Runner SR/5 2WD||$198||$356||$254||$16||$76||$900||$75|
|4Runner Sport 4WD||$162||$216||$294||$18||$88||$778||$65|
|4Runner SR/5 4WD||$182||$272||$230||$14||$68||$766||$64|
|4Runner Trail Edition 4WD||$220||$402||$212||$12||$64||$910||$76|
|4Runner Limited 2WD||$144||$236||$232||$14||$70||$696||$58|
|4Runner Limited 4WD||$204||$376||$272||$16||$82||$950||$79|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Hawaii minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, claim-free, multi-policy, safe-driver, and homeowner. Premium amounts do not factor in specific zip code location which can revise rates greatly.
Can higher deductibles save money?
The illustration below illustrates how your deductible choice and can influence Toyota 4Runner insurance rates for each different age category. The prices are based on a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no policy discounts are applied.
Take policy discounts and save on Toyota 4Runner insurance in Honolulu
Car insurance is not inexpensive, but there could be available discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically at quote time, but occasionally some discounts must be specifically requested before being credited.
- Telematics Discount - Honolulu drivers who agree to allow driving data submission to study driving patterns by using a telematic data system such as State Farm's In-Drive might get better premium rates if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Good Drivers - Insureds who avoid accidents may save up to 50% more compared to accident prone drivers.
- Paper-free Discount - A few larger online companies may give you up to $50 for signing up on your computer.
- Professional Organizations - Joining specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations could trigger savings on your bill.
- Passive Restraints - Options like air bags may get savings of more than 20%.
- Smart Student Discounts - Excelling in school could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. Many companies even apply the discount to college students well after school through age 25.
- No Accidents - Drivers with accident-free driving histories pay much less when compared with drivers who are more careless.
- Safety Course Discount - Taking time to complete a class that teaches defensive driving techniques could earn you a small percentage discount and make you a better driver.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts - Cars with ABS and/or traction control are much safer to drive and the ABS can save up to 10%.
Remember that most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. Most cut specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. So when the math indicates adding up those discounts means a free policy, it just doesn't work that way.
Some companies that may offer quotes with some of the above discounts are:
Before you buy a policy, ask each company or agent which discounts they offer. A few discounts may not be offered in your state.
Toyota 4Runner Insurance Cost Factors
It's important that you understand some of the factors that help determine your car insurance rates. When consumers understand what impacts premium levels, this enables you to make decisions that could help you find better car insurance rates. Lots of things are considered when you get your auto insurance bill. Some factors are common sense such as traffic violations, but some are less obvious like your vehicle usage and annual miles driven.
- Optional features that lower prices - Choosing to buy a car with advanced anti-theft systems can earn a premium discount. Theft deterrent systems such as OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms all hinder car theft and help bring rates down.
- Save money with higher deductibles - Coverage for physical damage, also called 'full coverage', helps pay for damage to your vehicle. Examples of covered claims could be colliding with a building, damage from fire, and having your car stolen. Deductibles for physical damage are how much you are willing to pay out-of-pocket if the claim is covered. The more of the claim you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the better rate you will receive.
- Traffic violations can be expensive - Being a careful driver impacts premiums far more than you think. Drivers with clean records pay lower auto insurance prices as compared to careless drivers. Getting just one ticket can increase the cost of insurance by twenty percent. Drivers who have received dangerous tickets such as DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions might be required by their state to complete a SR-22 with the DMV in their state in order to continue driving.
- No policy gaps is important - Letting your insurance expire can be a quick way to increase your renewal premiums. And not only will your rates increase, being ticketed for driving with no insurance can result in fines and jail time. You may then be required to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with the Hawaii DMV.
- Extra policy coverages that aren't used - Insurance companies have many additional extra coverages you can purchase if you aren't careful. Coverages like replacement cost coverage, towing, and Farm Bureau memberships are some examples. The coverages may be enticing when talking to your agent, but your needs may have changed so consider taking them off your policy.
- Toyota 4Runner claim data - Car insurance companies use data from past claims to help determine rates. Models that tend to have higher claim amounts or frequency will have a higher premium rate. The table below outlines the historical insurance loss data for Toyota 4Runner vehicles.
For each policy coverage type, the claim probability for all vehiclescombined as an average is a value of 100. Values under 100 suggest a positive loss record, while numbers above 100 point to more frequent losses or larger claims.
Toyota 4Runner Insurance Loss Statistics
Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Toyota 4Runner 4dr 2WD 75 92 83 76 66 75 Toyota 4Runner 4dr 4WD 78 88 110 67 59 74
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
What if I want to buy from local Honolulu car insurance agents?
Some consumers prefer to get advice from a local agent and that is OK! Agents will help you protect your assets and will help you if you have claims. One of the benefits of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get the best rates and still have a local agent. Buying from and supporting local agents is definitely important in Honolulu.
By using this form (opens in new window), your information is sent to local insurance agents in Honolulu who can give free rate quotes for your coverage. You never need to do any legwork since price quotes are sent to you. If you want to get a rate quote from a particular provider, you can always visit that company's website to submit a rate quote request.
When searching for a good insurance agency, it can be helpful to understand the types of agencies and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Auto insurance agents are considered either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Either one can sell and service auto insurance coverage, but it is important to understand the difference in the companies they write for because it may have an impact on your agent selection.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Independent insurance agents are appointed with more than one company so they have the ability to put coverage with lots of companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If you want to switch companies, your agent can switch companies and that require little work on your part.
If you are comparing auto insurance prices, we highly recommend that you include rate quotes from at a minimum one independent agency for the best price selection. Most also have access to smaller companies which can be an advantage.
Listed below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Honolulu that may be able to give you cheap rate quotes.
- John H Connors Insurance
500 Ala Moana Blvd # 2303 - Honolulu, HI 96813 - (808) 534-7300 - View Map
- Anita Butay Diniega
1088 Bishop St #2210 - Honolulu, HI 96813 - (808) 841-5915 - View Map
- Insurance Associates, Inc.
800 Bethel St # 200 - Honolulu, HI 96813 - (808) 538-6938 - View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
These type of agents write business for a single company and some examples include AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. These agents are not able to give you multiple price quotes so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agents are well trained on their company's products and that can be a competitive advantage. Consumers frequently purchase coverage from exclusives primarily because of the brand name rather than having low rates.
Listed below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Honolulu willing to provide price quotes.
- Larry Bolibol - State Farm Insurance Agent
2153 N King St #108a - Honolulu, HI 96819 - (808) 847-0835 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Matthew Shido
3221 Waialae Ave Ste 386 - Honolulu, HI 96816 - (808) 737-3500 - View Map
- Larry Welsch - State Farm Insurance Agent
1575 S Beretania St Ste 203 - Honolulu, HI 96826 - (808) 944-3450 - View Map
Picking the best car insurance agent requires you to look at more than just the bottom line cost. Any good agent in Honolulu should know the answers to these questions.
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- Where would glass claims be handled in Honolulu?
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in Hawaii?
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
After talking to the agent and getting acceptable answers to your questions and locked in a price quote, it's a good possibility that you have found an insurance agency that is professional and can properly insure your vehicles.
A conclusion for your insurance search
While you're price shopping online, never buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are a lot of situations where drivers have reduced physical damage coverage only to discover later that it was a big mistake. Your goal is to buy enough coverage at the best price and still be able to protect your assets.
Throughout this article, we presented many ideas to lower your Toyota 4Runner insurance prices in Honolulu. The key thing to remember is the more providers you compare, the better likelihood of getting inexpensive Honolulu car insurance quotes. You may even discover the biggest savings come from a small local company.
Insureds switch companies for a number of reasons such as not issuing a premium refund, lack of trust in their agent, denial of a claim and being labeled a high risk driver. Whatever your reason, switching companies is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
More tips and info about insurance is available by following these links: