Do you want to learn how to find more affordable Kia Sedona insurance in Honolulu? Are you a victim of an overpriced insurance policy? Don't sweat it because you're not alone.
Unbelievable but true according to a study the vast majority of insurance customers have remained with the same insurance company for over three years, and just short of a majority have never compared rates to find lower-cost insurance. Consumers in Hawaii could save themselves nearly 40% a year just by comparing rates, but they assume it's a waste of time to compare rate quotes. Companies like GEICO, Progressive and Allstate constantly bombard you with catchy ads and it is difficult to see through the cute green geckos and mayhem and find the best price available.
You should take the time to check insurance prices at least once a year because rates are usually higher with each renewal. If you had the best deal on Kia Sedona insurance in Honolulu last year there is a good chance you can find better prices now. Ignore everything you know about insurance because we're going to show you the best methods to lower your annual insurance bill.
The best way to get policy rate comparisons for Kia Sedona insurance in Honolulu is to know the trick most larger insurance companies will pay a fee to provide you with free rate quotes. All consumers are required to do is provide a little information like the ages of drivers, whether the vehicles are used for commuting, if a SR-22 is needed, and whether your vehicle is owned or leased. Your information is sent automatically to multiple top-rated companies and they respond with quotes with very little delay.
To check rates for your Kia Sedona now, click here and find out if you can get cheaper insurance in Honolulu.
The companies shown below are ready to provide price comparisons in Hawaii. If more than one company is shown, we recommend you click on several of them to find the lowest auto insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Hawaii minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, homeowner, multi-policy, safe-driver, and claim-free. Estimates do not factor in Honolulu location which can affect price quotes significantly.
Careless drivers pay higher rates
The chart below shows how traffic citations and accidents can influence Kia Sedona insurance premiums for each different age group. The costs are based on a married male driver, full coverage, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Raise deductibles and save
The illustration below demonstrates how deductible levels and can impact Kia Sedona insurance prices for each different age group. Data assumes a single male driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are factored in.
Gender differences in car insurance premiums
The example below shows the difference between Kia Sedona insurance premiums for male and female drivers. The information is based on no claims or driving violations, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Get cheaper Kia Sedona insurance rates in Honolulu
Auto insurance companies do not advertise all available discounts in a way that's easy to find, so the following is a list of both well-publicized as well as the least known discounts that may be available.
- Safety Restraint Discount - Buckling up and requiring all passengers to fasten their seat belts could cut 10% or more off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Drivers Ed for Students - Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them participate in a local driver's education class if offered at their school.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags - Vehicles equipped with air bags can qualify for discounts of 20% or more.
- ABS Brakes - Cars and trucks with anti-lock braking systems can reduce accidents and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Early Payment Discounts - By paying your policy upfront rather than spreading payments over time you could save 5% or more.
- Low Mileage - Fewer annual miles on your Kia could earn substantially lower car insurance rates.
- Home Ownership Discount - Owning a house in Honolulu may earn you a small savings because maintaining a house is proof that your finances are in order.
- One Accident Forgiven - Not a discount per se, but some insurance companies may permit one accident before raising your premiums so long as you haven't had any claims for a specific time period.
As a sidenote, most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. Most only cut individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though they make it sound like it's possible to get free car insurance, it's just not the way it works. But all discounts will definitely reduce the premium cost.
To see providers who offer free Kia Sedona insurance quotes in Hawaii, click here.
What Determines Kia Sedona Insurance Costs?
Lots of factors are used in the calculation when quoting car insurance. Some are pretty understandable such as your driving record, although others are not as apparent like where you live or how financially stable you are.
Listed below are some of the things companies use to determine your rate level.
- Job and insurance rates - Did you know your insurance rates can be affected by your occupation? Jobs like military personnel, architects and stock brokers tend to pay the highest rates due to high stress levels and lengthy work days. Other careers such as farmers, athletes and retirees have the lowest average rates.
- Amount of liability protection - Your policy's liability coverage is the coverage that protects you if ever you are ruled to be at fault for personal injury or accident damage. Your liability coverage provides for a legal defense to defend your case. This coverage is very inexpensive compared to comp and collision, so do not skimp.
- Males pay higher costs - The statistics show that females take fewer risks when driving. The data does not necessarily mean that women are better drivers. Males and females have auto accidents in similar numbers, but the male of the species tend to have more serious accidents. Men also statistically receive more costly citations such as DWI and reckless driving. Young men ages 16 to 20 are several times more likely to be in an accident and thus pay the highest rates.
- Cheaper insurance rates using alarms and GPS tracking - Selecting a car model with a theft deterrent system can help lower your premiums. Theft prevention features such as vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack all help prevent your vehicle from being stolen.
- Do you need those extra policy coverages? - There are a lot of extra coverages that you can get tricked into buying if you aren't diligent. Add-on coverages like vanishing deductibles, death and dismemberment, and Farm Bureau memberships may be costing you every month. These may sound like a good investment when discussing your needs, but if you don't need them get rid of them and save.
- See if your company offers a multi-policy discount - Most larger insurers apply better rates to insureds that purchase more than one policy in the form of a multi-policy discount. If you currently are using one company, you still need to compare other Honolulu Sedona insurance rates to help guarantee you have the best rates.There is a chance you can find lower rates even if you insure with multiple companies
- Buy a safe car and pay less - Safe vehicles cost less to insure. These vehicles reduce the chance of injuries and better occupant protection translates directly to fewer claims and more competitive rates for policyholders. If your Kia has at least an "acceptable" rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website it may be receiving lower rates.
- Insurance loss probability for a Kia Sedona - Companies use past insurance losses to help calculate premium costs. Models that the statistics show to have higher number or severity of losses will cost more for specific coverages.
The next table shows the loss history for Kia Sedona vehicles. For each coverage type, the loss probablilty for all vehicles compiled together equals 100. Percentage values below 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while numbers shown that are more than 100 point to more claims or statistically larger claims.
Car Insurance Loss Data for Kia Sedona Models
Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Kia Sedona 102 64 96 116
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Insurance agencies can help
Many drivers just prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that can be a great decision Insurance agents can point out coverage gaps and give you someone to call. An additional benefit of price shopping on the web is you may find cheaper prices and still have a local agent. Supporting small agencies is definitely important in Honolulu.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this quick form, your insurance data is emailed to local insurance agents in Honolulu who will gladly provide quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no reason to search for any insurance agencies as quotes are delivered to you. If you want to get a price quote from a specific company, you can always navigate to their website and submit a quote form there.
Listed below are agents in Honolulu that may be willing to give comparison quotes for Kia Sedona insurance in Honolulu.
Picking the best company requires you to look at more than just a cheap price quote. Get answers to these questions too.
- How long has their agency been in business in Honolulu?
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- If your car is totalled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
Which policy gives me the best coverage?
When quoting and choosing adequate coverage, there isn't really a "best" method to buy coverage. Your needs are not the same as everyone else's and your car insurance should unique, too. Here are some questions about coverages that may help you determine whether you may require specific advice.
- Is my Kia Sedona covered if I use it for business?
- Am I covered by my employer's commercial auto policy when driving my personal car for business?
- When should I have rental car coverage?
- Is my ex-spouse still covered by my policy?
- Which companies are cheaper for teen drivers?
- Should I waive the damage coverage when renting a car?
If it's difficult to answer those questions, you might consider talking to an agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or click here for a list of car insurance companies in your area. It's fast, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Be persistent and save
More affordable auto insurance in Honolulu is possible from both online companies in addition to local insurance agencies, so get free Honolulu auto insurance quotes from both of them so you have a total pricing picture. A few companies don't offer online quoting and most of the time these regional carriers provide coverage only through independent insurance agencies.
When getting Honolulu auto insurance quotes online, don't be tempted to reduce coverage to reduce premium. In too many instances, an insured cut uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The aim is to buy enough coverage at the best possible price, not the least amount of coverage.
We just covered many ideas to find affordable Kia Sedona insurance in Honolulu. It's most important to understand that the more rate quotes you have, the better your comparison will be. You may even find the biggest savings come from the smaller companies. These smaller insurers may often insure only within specific states and give getter rates than their larger competitors like Progressive and GEICO.
More information can be found below: