No normal person enjoys paying for auto insurance, especially when they know they are paying too much.
Sadly, over 70% of drivers have remained with the same auto insurance company for four years or more, and almost 40% of drivers have never even compared rates from other companies. Hawaii insurance shoppers could save roughly $360 a year, but most tend to underestimate the amount of savings they would get if they switched to a more affordable policy.
People have multiple insurers to buy insurance from, and even though it's nice to have multiple companies, lots of choices makes it harder to find the best rates for your vehicles.
You should take the time to compare prices periodically because insurance prices change regularly. Just because you had the lowest quotes on Lincoln MKS insurance in Honolulu a year ago there is a good chance you can find better rates now. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about auto insurance because we're going to demonstrate the fastest way to buy cheaper Lincoln MKS insurance in Honolulu.
Our goal in writing this article help you learn how car insurance companies work and some tips to save money. If you have insurance now, you stand a good chance to be able to get lower rates using the techniques presented in this article. Nevertheless, Hawaii consumers must comprehend the way companies market insurance on the web because it can help you find the best coverage.
There are several ways to get quotes from different Honolulu insurance companies. One of the best ways to find affordable insurance rates is to get quotes online.
It's so simple to compare car insurance price quotes online makes it a waste of time to actually drive to all the different Honolulu insurance agencies. The internet makes this unnecessary unless you have a complicated situation and need the professional advice of an agent trained in personal lines coverage. You can, however, comparison shop your insurance online but have a local agent actually write the policy.
Keep in mind that having more price comparisons provides better odds of finding more affordable insurance.
The following companies offer free quotes in Honolulu, HI. If multiple providers are shown, we suggest you click on several of them to get the most affordable price.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|MKS AWD 4-Dr Sedan||$222||$458||$236||$14||$70||$1,000||$83|
|MKS 4-Dr Sedan||$224||$474||$216||$12||$64||$990||$83|
|MKS Ecoboost AWD 4-Dr Sedan||$272||$618||$236||$14||$70||$1,210||$101|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Hawaii minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, claim-free, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and safe-driver. Prices do not factor in specific Honolulu garaging location which can influence rates noticeably.
Physical damage deductibles: Should you raise them?
The information below demonstrates how deductibles and can increase or decrease Lincoln MKS annual premium costs for different age categories. The premiums are based on a married male driver, comp and collision included, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Insurance premiums for males and females
The chart below visualizes the comparison of Lincoln MKS auto insurance rates for male and female drivers. The prices are based on no claims or driving citations, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are factored in.
Impact of careless driving on car insurance rates
The diagram below highlights how traffic violations and at-fault claims impact Lincoln MKS insurance costs for different age categories. The data assumes a single female driver, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
Save $480 a year! What?
Auto insurance providers like State Farm and Allstate consistently run ads in print and on television. They all tend to make the same promise that you'll save big if you get a free Honolulu auto insurance quote and switch your policy. How is it possible that every company can sell you cheaper insurance coverage? It's all in the numbers.
Many companies have specific criteria for the type of customer they prefer to insure. One example of a desirable risk might be described as between 30 and 50, owns a home, and does not commute to work. Anyone that fits those parameters will get low car insurance rates and will probably save a lot of money.
Drivers who are not a match for this stringent profile may be required to pay more expensive rates and ends up with the customer not purchasing. Company advertisements say "drivers who switch" but not "all drivers who get quotes" save that much when switching. That's why insurance companies can advertise the savings.
Each company has different criteria, so you absolutely need to compare free Honolulu auto insurance quotes often. It's not possible to predict which company will give you lower premium rates than your current company.
Choosing MKS insurance is an important decision
Despite the high cost, insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
- Almost all states have minimum liability requirements which means state laws require a specific minimum amount of liability insurance in order to license the vehicle. In Hawaii these limits are 20/40/10 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Lincoln, most lenders will require you to buy full coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may buy a policy for your Lincoln for a lot more money and force you to reimburse them for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance protects not only your Lincoln but also your assets. It will also reimburse you for medical bills for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of insuring your MKS greatly outweigh the cost, especially if you ever need it. The average driver in America is overpaying more than $830 a year so compare rate quotes at every renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Insurance policy discounts you can't miss
Insurance is expensive, but you might be missing out on some discounts that can dramatically reduce your bill. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied when you get a quote, but once in a while a discount must be specially asked for before you get the savings.
- Onboard Data Collection - People who choose to allow their insurance company to study vehicle usage by installing a telematics device like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm might get better premium rates if their driving habits are good.
- Multi-policy Discount - If you insure your home and vehicles and insure them with the same company you may save up to 20% and get you inexpensive Lincoln MKS insurance in Honolulu.
- Defensive Driver Discount - Successfully completing a safe driver class may get you a small discount and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives - Requiring all passengers to buckle up before driving can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) off the personal injury premium cost.
- Accident-Free Discounts - Drivers who don't have accidents pay much less in comparison to policyholders that have many claims.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured - Buying a policy with several vehicles on one policy qualifies for this discount.
- Save with a New Car - Buying a new car model can save up to 30% since newer models have better safety ratings.
- Theft Deterrent - Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices have a lower chance of being stolen and will qualify for a discount on a Honolulu auto insurance quote.
You can save money using discounts, but most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. So even though it sounds like it's possible to get free car insurance, it just doesn't work that way.
Companies and some of their more popular discounts are shown below.
- Farmers Insurance has savings for good student, mature driver, homeowner, switch companies, distant student, youthful driver, and electronic funds transfer.
- State Farm may have discounts that include student away at school, defensive driving training, good student, safe vehicle, and passive restraint.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts for newly married, hybrid vehicle, safety features, new graduate, good student, and newly retired.
- MetLife includes discounts for multi-policy, accident-free, good student, good driver, defensive driver, claim-free
- Progressive offers premium reductions for multi-vehicle, good student, multi-policy, online quote discount, online signing, and continuous coverage.
Before buying, ask each insurance company which discounts they offer. A few discounts might not apply in your state. To see a list of insurance companies that offer multiple discounts in Hawaii, click here.
Do I need an insurance agency?
A small number of people prefer to get advice from a local agent and there is nothing wrong with that. An additional benefit of price shopping on the web is that you can find cheap insurance quotes and still have a local agent. Buying from local agents is important especially in Honolulu.
For easy comparison, once you complete this simple form, your insurance data is instantly submitted to participating agents in Honolulu that give free quotes for your coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to leave your house since rate quotes are delivered instantly to you. Get lower rates and work with a local agent. If you have a need to get a comparison quote from a particular provider, feel free to go to their quote page and fill out their quote form.
The following are agents in Honolulu that may be willing to give price quotes for Lincoln MKS insurance in Honolulu.
Finding a good company should depend on more than just the bottom line cost. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- When do they do policy reviews?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
How to know if you need help
When choosing a policy, there really is no single plan that fits everyone. Every situation is different and your car insurance should be unique as well. These are some specific questions may help you determine whether or not you might need an agent's assistance.
- Are rock-chip repairs free?
- Where can I get insurance after a DUI in Hawaii?
- Am I covered while delivering pizza?
- Am I better off with higher deductibles on my Lincoln MKS?
- Am I covered when delivering products for my home-based business?
- What can I do if my company denied a claim?
- What is an SR-22 filing?
- Is my dog or cat covered if injured in an accident?
- What is the difference between personal and commercial auto insurance policies?
If it's difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Learning about specific coverages of insurance helps when choosing the best coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. Insurance terms can be confusing and reading a policy is terribly boring. Shown next are the normal coverages offered by insurance companies.
Collision - This covers damage to your MKS caused by collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You have to pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision insurance covers claims like hitting a mailbox, colliding with another moving vehicle and damaging your car on a curb. This coverage can be expensive, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are older. It's also possible to choose a higher deductible on your MKS to bring the cost down.
Liability car insurance - This coverage will cover injuries or damage you cause to people or other property by causing an accident. This insurance protects YOU against other people's claims. It does not cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You might see policy limits of 20/40/10 that means you have a limit of $20,000 per injured person, a limit of $40,000 in injury protection per accident, and a limit of $10,000 paid for damaged property. Some companies may use one number which is a combined single limit that pays claims from the same limit and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability insurance covers things such as bail bonds, pain and suffering, attorney fees, repair bills for other people's vehicles and court costs. How much coverage you buy is your choice, but it's cheap coverage so purchase as much as you can afford. Hawaii state law requires minimum liability limits of 20/40/10 but you should consider buying more liability than the minimum.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage - Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle when the "other guys" do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered losses include medical payments for you and your occupants as well as damage to your Lincoln MKS.
Because many people have only the minimum liability required by law (20/40/10 in Hawaii), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages should not be overlooked. Normally these limits do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Medical payments coverage and PIP - Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance reimburse you for expenses such as rehabilitation expenses, funeral costs, hospital visits, pain medications and EMT expenses. They are used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance plan or if you are not covered by health insurance. It covers both the driver and occupants in addition to any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP is not an option in every state and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Comprehensive coverage - This covers damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims such as damage from getting keyed, hail damage, rock chips in glass and damage from flooding. The maximum amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle's value consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Insurance savings summarized
When shopping online for insurance, don't be tempted to reduce needed coverages to save money. In many instances, someone dropped full coverage only to discover later that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The goal is to purchase plenty of coverage at the best cost and still be able to protect your assets.
In this article, we covered a lot of tips how to compare Lincoln MKS insurance prices in Honolulu. The key concept to understand is the more providers you compare, the better your chances of lowering your rates. You may even discover the lowest priced insurance comes from a small mutual company. They may cover specific market segments cheaper than their larger competitors like State Farm and Allstate.
Additional detailed information can be read in the articles below: