Do you want to learn to get more affordable Mercedes-Benz C350 insurance in Honolulu? Have you finally had enough of sacrificing other expenses to pay auto insurance each month? You are no different than millions of other consumers.
A recent survey discovered that nearly 70% of consumers kept their coverage with the same auto insurance company for over three years, and 38% of drivers have never shopped around. Hawaii consumers could save themselves as much as 40% a year just by comparing rates, but they underestimate the actual amount they would save if they replace their high priced policy. You have multiple auto insurance companies to purchase coverage from, and although it's nice to have a choice, too many choices makes it more difficult to compare rates and find the lowest cost auto insurance.
Companies offering Mercedes-Benz C350 insurance in Honolulu
The companies shown below have been selected to offer quotes in Hawaii. If more than one company is shown, it's highly recommended you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|C350 W 4-Dr Sedan||$294||$468||$346||$20||$104||$1,232||$103|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Hawaii minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-policy, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, and homeowner. Rate information does not factor in your specific Honolulu location which can raise or lower auto insurance rates noticeably.
Should you raise deductibles?
The chart below demonstrates how choosing different deductibles and can raise or lower Mercedes-Benz C350 insurance premiums for different age groups of insureds. The rate quotes are based on a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are applied.
Mercedes-Benz C350 insurance rates by gender in Honolulu
The chart below compares Mercedes-Benz C350 car insurance rates for male and female drivers. The costs are based on a clean driving record, no claims, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, single marital status, and no policy discounts are applied.
Liability only or full coverage
The illustration below shows the difference between Mercedes-Benz C350 insurance costs when comparing full coverage to liability only. The premium estimates are based on no violations or claims, $100 deductibles, married male driver, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
When to drop comprehensive and collision
There is no exact formula for phasing out physical damage coverage, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is more than around 10% of the settlement you would receive from your company, then it's probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
For example, let's pretend your Mercedes-Benz C350 book value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most your company would pay you is $5,000 after paying your deductible. If you are currently paying more than $500 a year for your policy with full coverage, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
There are some conditions where only buying liability is not in your best interest. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you have to keep full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if you can't afford to buy a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should maintain full coverage.
Lower-cost Honolulu auto insurance rates with discounts
Car insurance can cost a lot, but you might find some hidden discounts to cut the cost considerably. Many discounts should be triggered when you purchase, but lesser-known reductions have to be asked about before being credited. If you aren't receiving every discount available, you are paying more than you should be.
- Theft Prevention System - Cars with anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Discount for Swiching Early - A few companies allow discounts for switching policies prior to your current C350 insurance policy expiration. You may see this discount when you get Honolulu auto insurance quotes online.
- Data Collection Discounts - Drivers that enable their insurance company to look at driving patterns by using a telematic data system like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive's Snapshot may see discounts if their driving habits are good.
- Honolulu Homeowners Pay Less - Just owning your own home can save a few bucks because owning a home requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Defensive Driver Discount - Taking part in a class that teaches defensive driver techniques could earn you a small percentage discount and also improve your driving technique.
- No Charge for an Accident - Not necessarily a discount, but a few companies such as State Farm and GEICO may permit one accident before hitting you with a surcharge as long as you don't have any claims prior to being involved in the accident.
- Include Life Insurance and Save - Not all companies offer life insurance, but some may give you better rates if you take out life insurance.
- Claim Free - Drivers who don't have accidents get the best auto insurance rates when compared to drivers with a long claim history.
- Low Mileage Discounts - Driving less could earn lower rates due to less chance of an accident.
- Discounts for Government Workers - Active or former government employment may reduce rates when you quote Honolulu auto insurance with a few auto insurance companies.
Discounts lower rates, but some credits don't apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. So even though they make it sound like adding up those discounts means a free policy, you aren't that lucky. But all discounts will help reduce your overall bill.
A few popular companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are:
- Mercury Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including good student, low natural disaster claims, age of vehicle, anti-theft, professional/association, and multi-policy.
- Farmers Insurance may have discounts that include youthful driver, early shopping, bundle discounts, good student, and teen driver.
- Farm Bureau may offer discounts for driver training, good student, renewal discount, multi-vehicle, and youthful driver.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for student away at school, passive restraint, defensive driving training, multiple policy, safe vehicle, and multiple autos.
- Allstate has savings for new car, anti-lock brakes, good payer, senior citizen, and 55 and retired.
- GEICO includes discounts for multi-vehicle, driver training, emergency military deployment, anti-theft, and good student.
If you need lower rates, check with every prospective company the best way to save money. Some credits may not apply to policyholders in your state. If you would like to view insurance companies with discount rates in Honolulu, follow this link.
Car insurance agents can help
Some people would prefer to talk to a local agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases Professional agents can help determine the best coverages and help you file claims. One of the benefits of getting free rate quotes online is the fact that you can find cheap rate quotes but also keep your business local.
Upon completion of this simple form, your insurance coverage information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents who will give you bids to get your business. You never need to visit any agencies because prices are sent straight to your inbox. If for some reason you want to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance company, you can always go to their quote page and complete a quote there.
Picking the best insurer requires more thought than just a cheap price. Here are some questions to ask:
- Are they in the agency full-time?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Honolulu?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- What companies can they write with?
Compare rates from both independent and exclusive auto insurance agents
If you want to buy car insurance from a reliable insurance agency, there are two different agency structures and how they are distinctly different. Car insurance agents may be either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Both types can insure your vehicles, but it's worth learning the differences since it could factor into your agent selection.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only write with one company and some examples include American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. They are unable to compare other company's rates so always compare other rates. These agents are well trained on their company's products which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
The following is a list of exclusive agents in Honolulu who can help you get comparison quotes.
Agents that choose to be independent are not employed by any specific company so they can insure your vehicles with a variety of different insurance companies and find you cheaper rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, your policy is moved internally and you stay with the same agent.
When comparing car insurance prices, you absolutely need to include a couple of independent agencies so that you can do a thorough price comparison.
Below are independent agencies in Honolulu that can give you price quote information.
After receiving good feedback to your questions as well as an affordable premium quote, chances are good that you have found a car insurance agent that meets the criteria to provide car insurance coverage.
Do you really save 40% when you switch?
Hawaii consumers can't get away from all the ads for the lowest price insurance from companies such as Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm. They all seem to state the claim that drivers can save some big amount just by moving your coverage.
It sounds good, but how can they all cost less than your current company?
Insurance providers give the cheapest rates for the type of driver that earns them a profit. An example of this type of driver might be over the age of 35, has other policies, and the vehicle is rated for pleasure use. Any person who fits that profile receives the best prices in Honolulu and will also save quite a bit of money when switching.
Consumers who do not fit these standards may be forced to pay higher rates which leads to the customer buying from someone else. If you pay close attention to the ads, they say "customers that switch" not "everyone who quotes" save the amount stated. That's the way insurance companies can claim big savings. Because of the profiling, you need to compare rate quotes every year. Because you never know which insurance company will be your best fit.
Cover all your bases
Affordable Mercedes-Benz C350 insurance in Honolulu is possible both online in addition to local insurance agencies, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best rate selection. There are still a few companies who don't offer price quotes online and usually these small, regional companies sell through local independent agencies.
When shopping online for insurance, don't be tempted to buy less coverage just to save a little money. In many cases, someone sacrificed liability coverage limits and discovered at claim time they didn't purchase enough coverage. Your objective should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the lowest possible cost and still be able to protect your assets.
We just covered some good ideas how you can lower your Mercedes-Benz C350 insurance car insurance rates in Honolulu. It's most important to understand that the more companies you get premium rates for, the higher your chance of finding cheaper Honolulu auto insurance quotes. You may even find the lowest car insurance rates are with a small local company. These smaller insurers may often insure only within specific states and give getter rates than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate or State Farm.
For more information, feel free to browse the articles below: