If shopping for Honolulu auto insurance quotes online is new to you, most likely you are confused by the confusing number of car insurance companies offering insurance in Honolulu.
Astonishing but true according to a recent study, the vast majority of Hawaii car insurance customers kept their policy with the same company for over three years, and nearly half have never even compared quotes to find affordable rates. With the average premium in the U.S. being $1,847, drivers could save an average of 46.5% each year by just comparing quotes, but they don't know how much they could save if they changed companies.
You should take the time to get comparison quotes before your next renewal due to the fact that insurance rates are usually higher with each renewal. Even if you got the best premium rates on Nissan Titan insurance in Honolulu on your last policy you can probably find a better price now. You can find a lot of wrong information about Titan insurance online but in just a couple of minutes you can learn some excellent ideas to lower your car insurance premiums.
Companies offering Nissan Titan insurance in Honolulu
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer free rate quotes in Honolulu, HI. If several companies are displayed, we suggest you click on several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Titan XE King Cab 4WD||$162||$272||$270||$16||$80||$800||$67|
|Titan XE King Cab 2WD||$224||$338||$338||$20||$102||$1,022||$85|
|Titan XE Crew Cab 4WD||$122||$212||$278||$16||$84||$712||$59|
|Titan SE King Cab 4WD||$122||$224||$300||$18||$90||$754||$63|
|Titan XE Crew Cab 2WD||$170||$256||$340||$20||$102||$888||$74|
|Titan SE King Cab 2WD||$130||$200||$340||$20||$102||$792||$66|
|Titan SE Crew Cab 4WD||$198||$402||$248||$14||$74||$936||$78|
|Titan Pro-4X King Cab 4WD||$184||$376||$320||$18||$96||$994||$83|
|Titan SE Crew Cab 2WD||$246||$548||$430||$26||$128||$1,378||$115|
|Titan Pro-4X Crew Cab 4WD||$256||$500||$358||$22||$106||$1,242||$104|
|Titan LE Crew Cab 4WD||$214||$328||$346||$20||$104||$1,012||$84|
|Titan LE Crew Cab 2WD||$258||$406||$330||$20||$100||$1,114||$93|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Hawaii minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, claim-free, safe-driver, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle. Price estimates do not factor in specific location which can modify rates significantly.
Illustration showing the impact of accidents and violations
The information below illustrates how traffic citations and fender-benders can raise Nissan Titan auto insurance costs for different insured age categories. The data is based on a married female driver, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
You may qualify for discounts for Nissan Titan insurance in Honolulu
Auto insurance companies don't always advertise every disount available in an easy-to-find place, so the list below gives a summary of a few of the more common as well as some of the hidden credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Policy Bundle Discount - If you insure your home and vehicles and insure them with the same company you will save nearly 15% which can help you find inexpensive Nissan Titan insurance in Honolulu.
- Claim Free - Honolulu drivers who stay claim-free can save substantially as opposed to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags - Vehicles equipped with air bags may earn rate discounts of 25 to 30%.
- Homeowners Savings - Simply owning a home can help you save on car insurance because of the fact that having a home requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Defensive Driver - Taking time to complete a driver safety class could save 5% or more if you qualify.
- College Student Discount - Older children who live away from home to go to college and do not have access to a covered vehicle may qualify for this discount.
As is typical with insurance, most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only apply to individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. Just because you may think all the discounts add up to a free policy, you won't be that lucky.
To view providers with discount rates in Hawaii, click here.
What Affects Nissan Titan Insurance Costs?
One of the most helpful ways to save on auto insurance is to to have a grasp of some of the elements that come into play when calculating the level of your policy premiums. If you know what determines premiums, this enables you to make decisions that can earn you lower premium levels.
- Drive fewer miles and save - Driving more miles each year the higher your rate. Almost all companies apply a rate determined by how the vehicle is used. Autos that do not get driven very much receive better premium rates than those that get driven frequently. It's always a good idea to double check that your auto insurance policy is showing the correct usage. Incorrect rating for your Titan can result in significantly higher rates.
- How credit rating affects auto insurance prices - Credit history can be an important factor in determining what you pay for auto insurance. Insureds that have very high credit ratings tend to be more responsible than drivers who have lower ratings. If your credit score can use some improvement, you may save money insuring your Nissan Titan if you clean up your credit.
- Safer vehicles mean better rates - Safer cars get lower rates. Highly rated vehicles protect occupants better and lower rates of occupant injuries means less money paid by your insurance company which can mean better rates for you.
- Lower performance equals lower insurance premiums - The type of car you drive makes a significant difference in determining your rates. The cheapest insurance rates will normally be found when insuring lower performance four cylinder passenger cars, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors. Since the Nissan Titan is classified as a pickup truck, insurance will be similar in price as compared to the average rate in Honolulu.
- Buy as much liability as you can afford - The liability coverage on your policy is the protection if ever you are responsible for an accident. Your policy's liability insurance provides for a legal defense starting from day one. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap compared to comp and collision, so drivers should carry high limits.
- Increase deductibles to save - Comp and collision deductibles are the amount of money you are willing to pay out-of-pocket before a claim is paid by your company. Insurance for physical damage, aka comp and collision, is used to repair damage to your car. Some coverage claims are collision with another vehicle, hail damage, and having a roll-over accident. The higher the amount the insured is willing to pay, the lower your rates will be.
- Gender impacts costs - Statistics have proven women are more cautious behind the wheel. It does not mean men are worse drivers. Both genders cause fender benders in similar numbers, but the male of the species have costlier accidents. Not only are claims higher, but men get ticketed for serious violations such as reckless driving. Male teenagers are the most expensive to insure and are penalized with high auto insurance rates.
- Insurance loss statistics a Nissan Titan - Insurance companies use past loss statistics for each vehicle to calculate a rate that will offset any claims. Vehicles that the statistics show to have higher frequency or amount of claims will have increased rates.
The table below illustrates the historical loss data for Nissan Titan vehicles. For each coverage category, the loss probablilty for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, is represented as 100. Values that are below 100 represent a good loss history, while values over 100 point to more losses or tendancy to have higher losses.
Nissan Titan Insurance Loss Statistics
Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Nissan Titan Crew Cab 2WD 95 127 120 Nissan Titan Crew Cab 4WD 95 137 109 77 99 108 Nissan Titan Ext Cab 2WD 117 111 Nissan Titan Ext Cab 4WD 106 107
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Auto insurance agents can find coverage gaps
Some consumers just want to talk to an insurance agent and that is a personal choice. One of the benefits of comparing rate quotes online is you can get lower rates but still work with a licensed agent. Supporting neighborhood agents is definitely important in Honolulu.
To find an agent, once you fill out this simple form, your insurance coverage information is instantly submitted to insurance agents in Honolulu that give free quotes for your car insurance coverage. You won't even need to search for an agent as quotes are delivered straight to your inbox. You can find lower rates AND an agent nearby. If for some reason you want to get a price quote from a specific insurance company, feel free to search and find their rate quote page to submit a rate quote request.
If you are wanting to find a reliable insurance agency, you should know the different types of agencies and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance agencies in Honolulu are either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Independent Car Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agencies are not required to write business for one company so they can write business with any number of different companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If your agent finds better pricing, they simply move your policy to a different company without you having to go to a different agency. When comparison shopping, you should always get rate quotes from several independent insurance agents so that you can do a thorough price comparison. They often place coverage with companies you've never heard of which can save you money.
Listed below is a list of independent agencies in Honolulu who may provide free car insurance rate quotes.
- Dongbu Insurance
1440 Kapiolani Blvd # 950 - Honolulu, HI 96814 - (808) 942-5353 - View Map
- Insurance Associates, Inc.
800 Bethel St # 200 - Honolulu, HI 96813 - (808) 538-6938 - View Map
- Island Insurance Hawaii
1022 Bethel St - Honolulu, HI 96813 - (808) 643-4000 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents in the exclusive channel can only write with one company and examples are State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agencies are well trained on the products they sell which aids in selling service over price. Some consumers prefer to buy from exclusive agents mainly due to the prominent brand name instead of buying on price only.
The following is a list of exclusive agents in Honolulu who can help you get price quotes.
- Sue Ann Lu - State Farm Insurance Agent
210 Ward Ave #116 - Honolulu, HI 96814 - (808) 587-6116 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Dan Y.W. Au Hoy
931 University Ave Ste 108 - Honolulu, HI 96826 - (808) 944-1854 - View Map
- Kaina Kauahi - State Farm Insurance Agent
560 N Nimitz Hwy #217f - Honolulu, HI 96817 - (808) 524-9997 - View Map
Deciding on an car insurance agent requires you to look at more than just a cheap price quote. You should also get answers to these questions.
- How long has the business existed?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
- Can you contact them at any time?
Save $416 a year! What?
Big name companies like State Farm, GEICO and Progressive seem to constantly run ads on TV and radio. They all make an identical promise that drivers can save some big amount after switching your coverage. Is it even possible that every company can charge lower premium rates? Just pay attention to how they say it.
Different companies require specific criteria for the right customer that earns them a profit. An example of this type of risk profile may need to be between the ages of 30 and 45, carries high limits, and drives less than 5,000 miles a year. Any driver that fits those parameters will qualify for the lowest car insurance rates in Honolulu and will most likely save quite a bit of money when switching.
Consumers who don't measure up to the requirements may be required to pay higher premiums and ends up with the driver buying from a lower-cost company. The ads state "people who switch" not "everybody who quotes" save that much. That is how insurance companies can confidently make it sound like they have such great car insurance rates.
This really emphasizes why it is so important to compare price quotes frequently. It's just not possible to know the company that will have the lowest rates for your situation.
Get the best coverage at the most affordable price
In this article, we covered some good ideas how you can reduce Nissan Titan insurance rates online in Honolulu. The key thing to remember is the more rate quotes you have, the better chance you'll have of finding the cheapest Nissan Titan rate quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest priced auto insurance comes from a lesser-known regional company.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, make sure you don't sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In too many instances, someone sacrificed liability coverage limits and learned later they didn't purchase enough coverage. The proper strategy is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the lowest possible cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Some auto insurance companies may not offer online quoting and usually these smaller companies provide coverage only through local independent agents. Cheap Nissan Titan insurance in Honolulu can be sourced online in addition to local insurance agencies, and you need to price shop both so you have a total pricing picture.
Additional auto insurance information can be read below: