Online price comparisons for cheaper Fusion insurance can seem difficult if you are one of the millions of people new to online quotes. Don't let the process intimidate you because we're going to show you how to find affordable Ford Fusion in Honolulu.
Inconceivable but true, most auto insurance buyers kept their policy with the same company for at least the last four years, and practically 40% of auto insurance customers have never even compared quotes to find affordable rates. Many consumers in Honolulu could save up to 40% every year just by comparing rates, but they just feel it's too hard to go online and compare rates.
It's important to get comparison quotes occasionally because prices change regularly. If you had the lowest price on Ford Fusion insurance in Honolulu at your last renewal you may be paying too much now. Block out anything you think you know about auto insurance because you're going to learn one of the easiest ways to properly buy coverages and cut your premium.
If you're already insured, you will surely be able to buy cheaper car insurance using these techniques. The goal of this article is to instruct you on how car insurance works and also save some money in the process But Hawaii vehicle owners do need to learn how companies market on the web and use it to find better rates.
Low-cost companies for Ford Fusion insurance in Hawaii
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide free rate quotes in Hawaii. If more than one company is shown, it's a good idea that you compare several of them in order to find the most competitive rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Fusion S 4-Dr Sedan||$142||$286||$300||$18||$90||$836||$70|
|Fusion SE 4-Dr Sedan||$198||$402||$248||$14||$74||$936||$78|
|Fusion Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$246||$630||$430||$26||$128||$1,460||$122|
|Fusion SEL 4-Dr Sedan||$222||$476||$300||$18||$90||$1,106||$92|
|Fusion Sport 4-Dr Sedan||$224||$398||$270||$16||$80||$988||$82|
|Fusion SEL AWD 4-Dr Sedan||$246||$546||$278||$16||$84||$1,170||$98|
|Fusion Sport AWD 4-Dr Sedan||$200||$398||$254||$16||$76||$944||$79|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Hawaii minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, homeowner, multi-policy, claim-free, and safe-driver. Premium costs do not factor in vehicle garaging location which can revise price quotes greatly.
Safe drivers pay cheaper rates
The diagram below illustrates how speeding tickets and at-fault claims raise Ford Fusion insurance costs for different age groups. The rate quotes are based on a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Car insurance cost for men versus women
The illustration below shows the difference between Ford Fusion auto insurance costs for male and female drivers. The costs are based on no violations or accidents, full coverage, $100 deductibles, marital status is single, and no policy discounts are applied.
Policy deductible comparison
The chart below highlights how deductible choice and can impact Ford Fusion insurance costs for different age categories. The premiums assume a single female driver, comp and collision included, and no other discounts are factored in.
Decisions You Make Can Impact Your Insurance Prices
It's important that you understand the rating factors that are used to determine the level of your policy premiums. When consumers understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this enables informed choices that could result in much lower annual insurance costs.
- High performance equals high costs - The performance of the vehicle you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a significant difference in determining your rates. Because the Ford Fusion falls in the passenger car class, insuring your vehicle will cost similar in price or lower as compared to the average rate in Honolulu. Economy passenger vehicles usually are quite affordable to insure, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
- Age of drivers - Drivers with little experience have a tendency to get distracted easily behind the wheel therefore auto insurance rates are much higher. Adding a first-time driver onto a policy can cause a big jump in price. More experienced drivers tend to be more responsible, cost insurance companies less in claims, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets.
- Annual mileage impacts premiums - The more you drive your Ford in a year's time the more you'll pay to insure your vehicle. Most insurance companies calculate rates based on how the vehicle is used. Vehicles not used for work or commuting receive lower rates compared to those used for work or business. Incorrect rating for your Fusion can result in significantly higher rates. It's a good idea to make sure your auto insurance declarations sheet is rated on the correct usage, because it can save money.
- Your employer and auto insurance rates - Jobs such as fire fighters, air traffic controllers, and dentists usually pay higher premiums than the average policyholder in part from intense work situations and incredibly demanding work hours. On the flip side, occupations like farmers, athletes and homemakers receive lower rates.
- Insure your auto and home with one company - Most insurance companies give a discount to clients that purchase more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. The amount of the discounts can be ten percent or more. Even though this discount sounds good, drivers will still want to compare other company rates to help guarantee you have the best rates.There is a good possibility that you can save even more than the discount by buying from different companies
- Ford Fusion insurance loss statistics - Companies include the past claim history for a vehicle when determining insurance costs. Models that statistically have higher number or severity of losses will have increased rates.
The information below illustrates the collected loss data for Ford Fusion vehicles. For each policy coverage, the loss probablilty for all vehicles averaged together is a value of 100. Percentages below 100 represent a good loss history, while values over 100 indicate higher probability of having a loss or an increased chance of larger losses than average.
Ford Fusion Insurance Claim Statistics
Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Ford Fusion 2WD 110 95 108 116 111 105 Ford Fusion 4WD 115 85 120 88 77 71 Ford Fusion Hybrid 125 97 98 92 93 95 Ford Fusion Plug-in Hybrid 128 87 91 88 91 107
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Don't overlook these Ford Fusion insurance discounts
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but you may find discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Some trigger automatically at the time you complete a quote, but less common discounts must be specially asked for prior to getting the savings.
- Mature Driver Discount - Seniors may qualify for better insurance rates.
- Homeowners Savings - Being a homeowner can earn you a little savings because owning a home means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Waiver for an Accident - This one isn't a discount, but some companies like Allstate, Progressive, and GEICO will let one accident slide before they charge you more for coverage so long as you are claim-free for a certain period of time.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints - Vehicles with factory air bags or motorized seat belts could see savings up to 30%.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives - Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to fasten their seat belts can save a little on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Anti-lock Brake System - Cars and trucks that have anti-lock braking systems are much safer to drive and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Drivers Education - Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to participate in a local driver's education class as it can save substantially.
Discounts save money, but please remember that many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though they make it sound like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it's just not the way it works.
Some of the larger companies that may include some of the discounts shown above include:
If you are trying to find affordable Honolulu car insurance quotes, ask each insurance company the best way to save money. Some credits may not be available in your area. If you would like to see a list of insurance companies that offer some of these discounts in Honolulu, click this link.
Buying insurance from Honolulu auto insurance agents
Many drivers just want to visit with an insurance agent and often times that is recommended A nice benefit of getting free rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get better rates and still choose a local agent. Buying from local agencies is important especially in Honolulu.
To find an agent, once you fill out this quick form, the coverage information is sent to local insurance agents who will give you quotes for your insurance coverage. You won't need to even leave your home due to the fact that quote results will go to you instantly. You can find lower rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you have a need to quote rates for a specific company, you can always jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
Car insurance agents in Honolulu come in two varieties
If you would like to find an insurance agent, you should know the types of agencies and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance agents in Honolulu are categorized either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Independent Insurance Agencies
Independent agents can sell policies from many different companies so they can write business with a variety of different insurance companies and get the cheapest rates. If you want to switch companies, the business is moved internally which requires no work on your part.
When searching for an agent, we recommend you get several quotes from at least one independent agent to get the most accurate price comparison. They also have the ability to place coverage with small mutual carriers which may have better rates.
Shown below is a list of independent agencies in Honolulu that may be able to give rate quotes.
- Pyramid Insurance Center Ltd
420 Waiakamilo Rd - Honolulu, HI 96817 - (808) 527-7667 - View Map
- Rosten Y Tsuha Insurance Agency Inc
1350 S King St #303 - Honolulu, HI 96814 - (808) 591-5545 - View Map
- Royal State National Insurance Company
819 S Beretania St - Honolulu, HI 96813 - (808) 539-1600 - View Map
Agents in the exclusive channel generally can only insure with one company and examples are State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. These agents are unable to shop your coverage around so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive insurance agents are well trained on their company's products which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Drivers often choose to use an exclusive agent mostly because of the brand name rather than having the cheapest rates.
Shown below is a list of exclusive agencies in Honolulu that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Larry Bolibol - State Farm Insurance Agent
2153 N King St #108a - Honolulu, HI 96819 - (808) 847-0835 - View Map
- Farmers Insurance Hawaii
Six Waterfront Plaza 3rd Floor, 500 Ala Moana Blvd - Honolulu, HI 96813 - (808) 533-2444 - View Map
- Herb Fujikawa - State Farm Insurance Agent
3538 Waialae Ave #205 - Honolulu, HI 96816 - (808) 732-1076 - View Map
Finding a good insurance agency requires more thought than just the quoted price. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
- When do they do a full risk review?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
After getting answers to your satisfaction for all questions you ask as well as low cost Ford Fusion insurance quotes, you may have found an auto insurance agent that is professional and can adequately provide insurance.
As you quote Honolulu car insurance, never reduce coverage to reduce premium. There have been many cases where someone dropped collision coverage only to discover later that the savings was not a smart move. The goal is to get the best coverage possible at the lowest possible cost.
People switch companies for many reasons like questionable increases in premium, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, delays in responding to claim requests or lack of trust in their agent. Regardless of your reason, finding a great new company can be easier than you think.
Throughout this article, we presented quite a bit of information on how to get a better price on Ford Fusion insurance in Honolulu. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your prices. You may even discover the biggest savings come from the least-expected company.