Are you at wits end from paying out the nose to keep your car insured? You have the same problem as many other Hawaii drivers.
Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that over 70% of consumers renewed their policy with the same company for at least four years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never compared car insurance rates at all. Drivers in Honolulu can save hundreds of dollars each year just by shopping around, but they just assume it takes a lot of time to shop their coverage around.
Many car insurance companies vie to insure your vehicles, and because of this it can be hard to compare auto insurance companies to get the best rate on Subaru Legacy insurance in Honolulu.
If you are already insured, you will be able to reduce the price you pay using the tips covered below. Locating the most cost-effective auto insurance policy in Honolulu is easy if you know what you're doing. But Hawaii vehicle owners benefit from understanding the methods companies use to determine prices.
Low-cost auto insurance in Honolulu, HI
The providers in the list below are our best choices to provide free rate quotes in Honolulu, HI. If several companies are displayed, we suggest you visit as many as you can in order to find the most competitive rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Legacy 2.5I Premium||$286||$424||$304||$18||$90||$1,122||$94|
|Legacy 2.5I Premium||$246||$404||$254||$16||$76||$996||$83|
|Legacy 3.6R Premium||$150||$212||$236||$14||$70||$682||$57|
|Legacy 2.5I Limited||$150||$224||$254||$16||$76||$720||$60|
|Legacy 2.5GT Premium||$172||$294||$272||$16||$82||$836||$70|
|Legacy 3.6R Limited||$272||$458||$292||$18||$88||$1,128||$94|
|Legacy 2.5 GT Limited||$288||$446||$232||$14||$70||$1,050||$88|
|Legacy 2.5 GT Limited||$224||$320||$230||$14||$68||$856||$71|
|Legacy 2.5 GT Limited||$274||$398||$230||$14||$68||$984||$82|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Hawaii minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, homeowner, claim-free, multi-policy, and safe-driver. Rate quotes do not factor in vehicle garaging location which can raise or lower insurance rates significantly.
How violations and accidents impact rates
The diagram below illustrates how speeding tickets and at-fault accidents impact Subaru Legacy insurance rates for different age groups of insureds. The premiums are based on a single female driver, full coverage, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Don't overlook these Subaru Legacy insurance discounts
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but you may qualify for discounts that can dramatically reduce your bill. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied at quote time, but occasionally some discounts must be specifically requested prior to receiving the credit.
- Early Renewal Discounts - Some insurance companies provide a discount for signing up before your current Legacy insurance policy expires. The savings is around 10%.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints - Vehicles with factory air bags may earn rate discounts of 20% or more.
- Drivers Education - It's a good idea to have your young drivers successfully complete driver's ed class in high school.
- No Accidents - Drivers who don't have accidents are rewarded with significantly better rates on Honolulu car insurance quote when compared to accident-prone drivers.
- Defensive Driver - Successfully completing a safe driver course can save you 5% or more if your company offers it.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts - Buying insurance for multiple vehicles on a single policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Own a Home - Simply owning a home may trigger a policy discount on insurance due to the fact that maintaining a home means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives - Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to buckle their seat belts may be able to save a few bucks off PIP or medical payments premium.
You can save money using discounts, but most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. So even though they make it sound like you could get a free insurance policy, you aren't that lucky.
A few of the larger companies and a partial list of their discounts can be read below.
- Progressive has savings for online signing, homeowner, continuous coverage, good student, and multi-policy.
- SAFECO policyholders can earn discounts including multi-car, accident prevention training, anti-lock brakes, teen safe driver, drive less, homeowner, and anti-theft.
- American Family may include discounts for good driver, accident-free, air bags, mySafetyValet, defensive driver, and TimeAway discount.
- MetLife offers discounts including multi-policy, accident-free, defensive driver, good driver, and good student.
- GEICO may have discounts that include air bags, military active duty, defensive driver, multi-vehicle, federal employee, membership and employees, and driver training.
- The Hartford offers premium reductions for vehicle fuel type, defensive driver, anti-theft, bundle, air bag, good student, and driver training.
When getting free Honolulu car insurance quotes, it's a good idea to all the companies to give you their best rates. A few discounts may not be available in Honolulu. If you would like to view insurance companies that offer some of these discounts in Honolulu, follow this link.
Shop online but buy locally
Some consumers prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that is a smart decision One of the benefits of getting free rate quotes online is that you can find the lowest rates but still work with a licensed agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this simple form, your insurance data is submitted to agents in your area that give free quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You don't have to find an agent as quotes are delivered straight to your inbox. You can find the lowest rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you want to quote rates from a specific insurance provider, you would need to visit that company's website and fill out their quote form.
Picking a company requires you to look at more than just the price. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- When do they do policy reviews?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Hawaii?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
When finding a local Honolulu insurance agency, it's helpful to know the different types of agents and how they are slightly different. Insurance agencies in Honolulu may be either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only provide pricing for a single company and some examples include American Family, State Farm, and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot provide prices from multiple companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agents receive extensive training on their company's products which helps them sell on service rather than price.
Below are Honolulu exclusive agencies willing to provide rate quotes.
Agents that elect to be independent do not sell for just one brand and that is an advantage because they can write policies amongst many companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If your premiums go up, they simply switch companies in-house which is easy for the insured.
When shopping rates, we highly recommend that you include price quotes from a few independent agents for maximum quote selection.
The following is a short list of independent agents in Honolulu that are able to give rate quotes.
Lower rates by being persistent
You just learned a lot of information how to save on Subaru Legacy insurance in Honolulu. The most important thing to understand is the more quotes you get, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even find the lowest auto insurance rates come from some of the smallest insurance companies. They may only write in your state and offer lower premium rates compared to the large companies like GEICO and State Farm.
While you're price shopping online, it's very important that you do not skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are too many instances where someone sacrificed liability limits or collision coverage only to regret at claim time they didn't have enough coverage. The ultimate goal is to get the best coverage possible at the best price, but don't skip important coverages to save money.
Budget-conscious Subaru Legacy insurance is attainable on the web as well as from independent agents in Honolulu, so you should compare both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some companies may not offer the ability to get a quote online and many times these smaller providers provide coverage only through independent agents.
For more information, take a look at the resources below: